wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #76
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litany
But you still used a duplicate ability name in Barrage?
Awh damned, I didn't even pay attention to that. /fail
Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #77
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Haha, wow. And here I thought you had another elaborate analysis.

What would you name it, then?

--EDIT--
Also, Dusk, you're hero had the spell-name "Dead Men Walking" as his ultimate (in the tooltip). Other than being a typo, what did you have planned; sounds intriguing.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 01-13-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #78
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
What would you name it, then?
Volley, probably. I totally forgot the damned Siege Tank existed. Stupid thing.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #79
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Hm. Strange; I would've thought a skeletal reference would make sense. Not like "Volley" doesn't fit and keep everything succinct.

"Splinters"? No, that sounds too much like "Rickets".
.. If the model could be modified a bit, something like "Bone Shards" could also make sense.

~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Also, Dusk, you're hero had the spell-name "Dead Men Walking" as his ultimate (in the tooltip). Other than being a typo, what did you have planned; sounds intriguing.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 01-13-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 PM   #80
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Played the Dark Apothacary. He seemed pretty balanced. He's fragile and melee, but has powerful AoE spells. Only thing I hated was that the gas cloud (forget the name) doesn't give you the kill sometimes so I didn't get the bounty for the creeps.

I played against PIRATES.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g DarkApothacary.w3g (78.4 KB, 7 views)
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #81
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Played the DemonHuntress and did not like her at all. She had no synergy whatsoever. Pounce is spammable, but the knockback and her fragileness didn't really give it a good use. Firestorm was pretty good, thought I didn't like the randomness. The evasion sounds like an AoS move. Escaping is not nearly has important. If your moving your hero around, that hero is not doing any aid to the battle. What kind of an idiot would target a hero with 45 evasion? Generally, nukes bring down heroes anyway. Ulti was useless.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g DemonHuntress.w3g (96.5 KB, 5 views)
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #82
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Joker you are playing vs CPU with undead ?
I am gonna play with DreadBerseker xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Litany
This message has been deleted by Litany.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #83
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Hey guys, for those who are interested I made a ladder game vs normal computer with DreadBerseker which was very easy. I also found out that troll isn't much useful, specially with spiders because his spells cost too much mana and he barely kills a unit, specially at start. Btw, I also found a bug - if troll kills an ally, he gets healed lol.... This is obviously a single killer, but single killers don't match the scourge IMHO.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g DreadBerseker.w3g (120.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 01-13-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #84
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

But tell me is there any undead single killers in the game

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #85
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Whether or not it fits into the Scourge is up for debate. Technically, anything that adds something to a race which it lacked is worth a look.

He's a "single-unit" killer, due to his old Trollish hunter heritage (before Zombification). However, he's also made to be sort of an "off-tank" (think WoW); the Undead already have the Crypt Lord (uber-tank), Dreadlord and Death Knight (semi-tanks), so having a warrior made to withstand punishment and regenerate makes sense. Also, it can keep him alive long enough to hunt down enemies, if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Only thing I hated was that the gas cloud (forget the name) doesn't give you the kill sometimes so I didn't get the bounty for the creeps.
Noxious Fumes, it's called... So it doesn't give kills? That's strange. I guess I'll check out the replay sometime this weekend.

Also, <3 for testing all the heroes in a full-on melee map. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litany
What makes you think it was a typo? Dead Men Walking is a solid, if obvious, name for any kind of raise dead ability. In fact I briefly used it for just that, before switching to Army of Darkness because Bruce Campbell is my man squeeze. (Unfortunately, while the puns are suited to voice sets and AoS ability names, they don't really fit ladder.)
Sorry, you misunderstood. By "typo", I meant that he forgot to go back and change it to "Quench Life" (the actual, finished-entry Ultimate spell). Not so much that he mistyped it, or was wrong. Just an error in the hero's tooltip.

Actually, I really like both the name and the imagery it brings to mind. While "Quench Life" is very good+fitting, "Dead Ma/en Walking" just sounds pwnsome. :P

Hence, I wonder what he was originally thinking of (if, of course, he had an ability planned for that name).
Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #86
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Ok here is a replay with DeadEye. this one is another weak hero, a weak single killer but it is the best thing to have with some spiders. His cripple ability with the spiders is the best thing ever. However he is too vulnerable to damage so having a healer like Dk nearby or a strong front to support him is a good idea. In this game I really played like a newb, I just wanted to have fun rapping the computer's base lol
I also think the heroes description is wrong, see replay for more info.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g deadeye.w3g (161.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 01-14-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #87
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Just because the DK is wtfimba doesn't necessarily make the other heroes weak by any means. I did test the Deadeye quite a few times, but all of the games ended before L6 (Stupid easy computers). That is probably why the ultimate is imba (apparently).

And Kyrbi0, if I typoed, I'm sorry. Thanks for finding it, I'll fix it when I submit it.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #88
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Just because the DK is wtfimba doesn't necessarily make the other heroes weak by any means. I did test the Deadeye quite a few times, but all of the games ended before L6 (Stupid easy computers). That is probably why the ultimate is imba (apparently).

And Kyrbi0, if I typoed, I'm sorry. Thanks for finding it, I'll fix it when I submit it.
No need to apologize; I was just pointing out a supremely-minor error.

BTW, did you actually have an Ultimate ability planned along those lines, or was it just a placeholder? (because it sounds like a really interesting ultimate).
Old 01-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #89
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It was actually the original plan before I decided it would be too close to Animate Dead in its value.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #90
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Just because the DK is wtfimba
Seriously ... lol

Quote:
Stupid easy computers
xD I like playing hard for fun =P