wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
sammm_12345
User

sammm_12345 has little to show at this moment (4)

Default My game interface skin

I took more than 50 hours to make this. :D

I may be releasing it to the public soon!
sammm_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well, parts of it don't really match up properly (to the left of where it says "Map" in the middle and above where the inventory is) and I can't really say it's Warcraft-ish at all.

I assume you made this for a map of yours? Mind linking the map so we can see it in-game? The first thing I think of is Duck Hunt, but I can't think of any other game/genre that this might be suitable for...
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Hawkwing
User

Hawkwing is on a distinguished road (12)

Send a message via MSN to Hawkwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Well, parts of it don't really match up properly (to the left of where it says "Map" in the middle and above where the inventory is)

Nice observation there. I didn't notice that until you picked it out. Anyway, yes. You need to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
and I can't really say it's Warcraft-ish at all.

Warcraft, as far as detailing goes, is usually a lot more simplified. And right now your UI is very plain, and is the same/similar repeating pattern across the entire interface, with what could be some Bevel and Embossing.
Hawkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #4
sammm_12345
User

sammm_12345 has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwing
Nice observation there. I didn't notice that until you picked it out. Anyway, yes. You need to fix that.
Where????

Above the portrait? Its suppose to be there.

Last edited by sammm_12345 : 12-28-2008 at 06:12 AM.
sammm_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I don't really think the whole piece fits into the WC3 scenario and can guarantee that it'll clash with whatever in-game scenery you have going on. WC3 isn't this type of coloring, there's no diversity in the entire piece. The sections are not distinct, and they really should be.

Right now it's as if you carved some holes into an adobe wall and are playing WC3 through it. That's not very exciting.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
Hawkwing
User

Hawkwing is on a distinguished road (12)

Send a message via MSN to Hawkwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammm_12345
Where????

Above the portrait? Its suppose to be there.

Well if it's supposed to not match up, I must say, it looks like crap. But I'm sure we just poorly pointed out to you where it is.
Hawkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #7
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skinmr5.jpg (438.1 KB, 141 views)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
V1ctor1ous
User

V1ctor1ous has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via ICQ to V1ctor1ous

Not bad , not bad, but you did not leave the place under icons teamcolor , landscape etc.
V1ctor1ous is offline   Reply With Quote