wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Default The Golden Eyes of the Betrayer

hey all, heres the first part of a story i had an idea for a little while ago. I was pretty disappointed that Illidan gets randomly killed in WoW, so i wanted to create more of a story to it. Just getting started, so theres not much at the moment. let me know what you think.

The lord of Outland roared, his eyes glowing with wicked felfire. The very foundations of the Black Temple shook as the Azerothian heroes crumpled like rag dolls against the walls. Illidan bellowed again, but this time in pain. Falling to his knees, he clutched at the blade of his ancient adversary protruding from his chest. “You have won... Maiev. But the huntress... is nothing without the hunt. You are nothing... without me...”
A weary voice came from inside the heavy platemail as she turned to face the battleworn adventurers, “He is right. I feel nothing. I am... nothing. Farewell... champions.”
A flash of blinding light seared Illidan’s mind as a glowing apparition wavered before his arcane vision.
“…Tyrande..”
His vision cleared and revealed the figure to be none other than the face of Maiev Shadowsong, twisted with tears.
“Farewell, my love. Go swiftly to whatever foul abyss awaits you, and rot there…”
Everything went black as the defiled temple of Karabor dissolved into nothingness.

And so, the Lord of Outland died.

Illidan

Wake up, Illidan.

Eerie pale green light flooded the eyes of the prone figure. A gentle breeze, ripe with the smells of a verdant forest, yet laced with alien scents teased his senses. The erstwhile sleeper rose to inspect the strange new landscape. He spoke into the wind, unsure of his own voice.
“Is this the Twisting Nether?”
Far from it. Not quite what you were expecting?
He paused, deep in thought. “Where am I?”
You have entered the Emerald Dream.
“This cannot be! Do not toy with me, creature!”
You doubt me? Look around you.
The newcomer glanced at the alien scenery, overcome by the bizarre new world that confronted him. Unfamiliar creatures howled as they went about their strange lives, unaffected by the newcomer’s arrival. Eddies of green mist danced around the leaves of faintly glowing plants.
Abruptly, a creature stepped out of legend and into the clearing to confront the stranger.
“You have a destiny to fulfil, Illidan” spoke Cenarius.
The demigod advanced until he stood eye to eye with the wayward sorceror.
“A destiny that you have been running from for ten thousand years. Your people, and your world have need of you. Will you answer the call?”
“The world who hates me for what I have done to protect them? Who now fear me for my power? They are not my people!” Illidan gritted his teeth and raised his fist to unleash devastation upon the great being.
Nothing happened.
“Your foul magics will not answer your call here, betrayer. Your death has changed a great many things.”
My death…Illidan thought, then suddenly the memories returned… Maiev’s blade, the darkness closing in, the blinding pain as if he were being torn in half…

Illidan attempted to shake his wings to dislodge the thoughts… until he realised they were no longer there. Rushing to a nearby stream, the face reflected in the water was the golden-eyed face of his youth, identical to his appearance ten thousand years ago.
“My eyes… They were said to be a sign of greatness… all I got was a cage.”
Cenarius moved towards the brooding Night Elf.
“They show potential. You have been given a second chance, Illidan. A chance to claim your true birthright. In time, you will wield powers greater than your imagining. But first they must be earned.”
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
43berries
User

Submissions (3)

43berries has little to show at this moment (9)

Why not a chapter two?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Hydrolisk
User

Submissions (1)

Hydrolisk is on a distinguished road (11)

Patience, my friend.

Great minds work in different ways.

This is an interesting story so far. Don't lose me though.
Hydrolisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #4
43berries
User

Submissions (3)

That post was of last year.. Patience is wisdom... But solidified somatic logic/wisdom reigns over patience.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:13 AM   #5
Hydrolisk
User

Submissions (1)

Hydrolisk is on a distinguished road (11)

True.
I don't think it was from last year though...
Hydrolisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:16 AM   #6
43berries
User

Submissions (3)

Oh oops, my fault, I read the joining date of the user... My fault completely. XD