wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 AM   #16
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I'm Dan Rather and I approve of this contest.

As for a spell, who knows. The 15th is the day my gigantic English report on Fridtjof Nansen is due (by-the-way, anyone have any good books on him?) and also until then I'm playing in the Pit Band for the school's production of The Pajama Game.

If I'm inspired then I am. In fact, I may just have had an interesting idea... holy crap, I need to code it now!
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-03-2008, 06:36 AM   #17
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Ok here is what mine is going to be, please no1 copy!

Deadly Revival
A wave of Deadly force flows from the hero, causing damage to land units in a line. If a unit dies due to this spell, the unit is revived and under your control.
Level one damage - 200
Level two damage - 300
Level three damage - 400.

(that was a joke... mine will be far better)
Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #18
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I don't understand you at all, Gorman :P
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #19
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorman
(that was a joke... mine will be far better)
Ahh, but will you finish yours, im doing something easy because there's a higher chance i'll finish it.

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
Fireeye
Chos

Submissions (2)

Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)

I though about my idea and here it is.
---
Name:
Plasma Ball

Description:
The hero throws a ball made of pure energy towards the target location.
During its lifetime it will become bigger and faster, dealing more damage on impact.
The ball will explode as soon as it touch a unit, it doesn't matter if friend or foe.
When the ball hits an enemy the caster will regain a few % of the damage dealt in life and mana.
Furthermore there's a small chance that the ball will continue traveling, but in a much less powerful form.
It can also completly explode on impact, dealing damage to all units in impact area and not only the victim, also it'll stun all units within range for a short time.
The player needs to aim careful with this spell, because the ball will also bounce off objects and change its vector when hitting the ground.

---Edit---
I might be able to post a rare preview this evening.

Last edited by Fireeye : 03-03-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #21
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Elite
Ahh, but will you finish yours, im doing something easy because there's a higher chance i'll finish it.
You speak the truth, i will probably not finish, or start...
But i shall try!

Ur spell looks far more complicated them mine Fire...

Last edited by Gorman : 03-03-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #22
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Wow, Fireeye, that will have to be the spell with the most calibration functions in history... well, that, or a very uneditable spell. :)
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
de[hydra]te
User

de[hydra]te has little to show at this moment (0)

"Deadly Revival
A wave of Deadly force flows from the hero, causing damage to land units in a line. If a unit dies due to this spell, the unit is revived and under your control.
Level one damage - 200
Level two damage - 300
Level three damage - 400."

sounds like cursed wave to me, just that it isnt chain and only affects enemies :P (nah, they're different)

EDIT: pardon me, i m bit lazy to quote so... yeah sry :)

Last edited by de[hydra]te : 03-03-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #24
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Mine's going to be simple in effect, but terribly tough to code. I'll have to hop on that sooner rather than later. Good thing I made it two weeks long, that includes next weekend!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #25
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

I will not be joining this contest, but I will monitor it for potential spells to be used for pyramidal defence.
Rep will be given to the worthy.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #26
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Does anyone know which models in WC3 have the longest ribbon emitters? I know the spirit tower's attack is pretty long, is there anything longer? A long ribbon would be very useful for showing the trajectory of my spell in still screenshots.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #27
Szythe
User

Submissions (3)

Szythe has a spectacular aura about (143)

Spell Making Session 11 WinnerSmiley contest 4th and 5th place.Mapping Contest Third PlaceSpell making session 08

4 hours after seeing the topic...theres my submission. I'm pretty content with it

Piercing Knives

Last edited by Szythe : 03-03-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #28
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Anitarf imho you may import a needed ribbon or ?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #29
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

I could, but I'm sure there's already a model in WC3 that is sufficient.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #30
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

RolePlaynGamer is on a distinguished road (20)

Send a message via MSN to RolePlaynGamer

Does the spell have to have 3 levels?
Yohobofire: Terraining
RolePlaynGamer: Scripting, modeling
Darkenneko_003: Texturing

Last edited by RolePlaynGamer : 03-03-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Closed Thread