wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default Spell Making Session #10

SPELL MAKING SESSION #10

The point of this, and all other spell making sessions, is to give all spell makers a challenge along with a specific theme. You will as a participant submit a single spell based around the given theme. Winner will be decided by public vote.

Reward:
Award Icon:
Icon:Click image for larger version

Name:	SpellSession10.png
Views:	315
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	32202
The winner of the session gets 20 reputation points and the above award icon. (Appears under your name and in your profile)

Rules:
  • You can use JASS / GUI / WEU / vJass / Anything else that you want for your spell. (Specify in the test map and entry post)
  • The spell you enter must be new and made specifically for this contest.
  • Everybody is allowed and encouraged to enter, as long as they follow the rules.
  • Please post info and WIP screenshots of your spell while you are making it to get more activity in this thread.
  • Imported models are only allowed if they are used for very minor things. (A particle emitter or ribbon emitter could be acceptable)
  • Submitted maps may be no larger than 500kb.
  • One entry per person.
When your spell is finished, just attach the map to a post in the thread located here. The reason I'm putting submissions in another topic is to keep it clean and easy to follow-up on. One of the biggest pains of these sessions is weeding through the topic and finding what's a submission and what isn't! When the session is finished, I recommend submitting your spell to the resource section! (Assuming it follows the rules)

Theme:
Aimed Spells ~
The theme of this contest is to make a spell that requires aiming to hit its mark! That means no target-unit abilities. Some examples of aimed spells from standard WC3 are Breath of Fire, Shockwave, Carrion Swarm, Flame Strike, Blizzard, and so forth. It can hit a single target, it can hit allies, it can hit enemies, it can hit anything! Notice that this leaves it open to the participant to decide just how the aiming takes place since the only requirement is that it be aimed somehow.

Deadline:
The session ends fourteen days from now. (24:00 GMT-5: March 15, 2008)
Potential extensions are possible if lots of people need them.

Future Themes:
If you have ideas for future themes for spell sessions, please PM them to myself. Since Blu's dropped off the face of the Earth, I'll be handling these henceforth. This session's theme was actually generated from the last theme topic!

In case you are curious who won the 9th session, it was Naakaloh with Cerulean Storm by one vote, meaning it was really close! The reason it took so long to get taken care of was that I wasn't an actual moderator of the scripts and triggers forum and Blu was inactive, so the reward couldn't be given out. Because of that, following sessions were postponed. Hopefully this should be a regular thing now, of course depending upon activity and the number of submissions!

Anyways, let's make this session a successful one! Good luck everybody!

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 03-02-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
Fireeye
Chos

Submissions (2)

Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)

Finally another spell contest, were about time.
And due my WE doesn't bug atm, i'm just saying one thing.
I'M IN!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Within 10 minutes of reading this I already got an idea for a spell. :) I'm in.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

im in, got a nice spell idea, just hope i can make it :p

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
HINDYhat
User

Submissions (2)

HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)

Oooh, my first contest on Wc3Campaigns... gotta think of something good. I'm in, though.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

I want to be in... But I can't make anything really nice, though. X_X

I'll see what I can do...
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:52 AM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

So a good idea dawned on me just now. I think I dare say that I'm in.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 AM   #8
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Could it be a spell that I had just submitted to a forum or must I make a new one?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:06 AM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry Rules
* You can use JASS / GUI / WEU / vJass / Anything else that you want for your spell. (Specify in the test map and entry post)
* The spell you enter must be new and made specifically for this contest.
* Everybody is allowed and encouraged to enter, as long as they follow the rules.
* Please post info and WIP screenshots of your spell while you are making it to get more activity in this thread.
* Imported models are only allowed if they are used for very minor things. (A particle emitter or ribbon emitter could be acceptable)
* Submitted maps may be no larger than 500kb.
* One entry per person.
Sorry! Part of the rules!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #10
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

just so no one accidently copies my idea, here is the name and tooltip of my spell:

Deadly Revival
A wave of Deadly force flows from the hero, causing damage to land units in a line. If a unit dies due to this spell, the unit is revived and under your control.
Level one damage - 200
Level two damage - 300
Level three damage - 400.

Has this been made before?

EDIT Also, does the spell have to be JESP?
EDIT 2 oh :
Quote:
* You can use JASS / GUI / WEU / vJass / Anything else that you want for your spell. (Specify in the test map and entry post)
ANOTHER EDIT what will the spells be judged on? will we lose points for leaks, game cache use, etc?

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn

Last edited by The Elite : 03-03-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 AM   #11
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Sorry! Part of the rules!
If only I had visited this forum first, instead of thehelpers... :( Unfortunately, the spell fits the requirements too.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 AM   #12
HINDYhat
User

Submissions (2)

HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)HINDYhat will become famous soon enough (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Elite
ANOTHER EDIT what will the spells be judged on? will we lose points for leaks, game cache use, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Winner will be decided by public vote.
I suppose that means if the users like your spell (be it leaky or anything), then they can and will vote for you, meaning you can win anyway. Still, though, leaky scripts are never good.

Last edited by HINDYhat : 03-03-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Well, if it leaks terribly, people will notice it when testing it. Also, certain users (Such as myself) will definitely consider code carefully in who they vote for!

Game cache is fine though. Any well-defined and well-known system is fair game for use in spells. Just make sure you explain whatever it is you use in your submission post and in the testmap.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 AM   #14
Tiku
User

Submissions (1)

Tiku is on a distinguished road (22)

I have a noobish question,
by:
  • One entry per person.

You mean 1 Spell only right?
Or do you mean you can have multiple "Aimed" spells, just one map...

Maybe take the best one out of 3 or something?
:P

Heh and i should be joining, hopefully nothing gets in the way...
:)

GL and HF all :)
Imagine... You are playing a map in which you have no idea what to do, with no documentation or tips in the map whatsoever. No, not even the 7 others playing the map can figure out what the hell the point is supposed to be. You wonder what sadistic mind trick the map author is trying to impose on you. Suddenly, the only person who remotely understands the map (the mapmaker himself) sends swarms of high-level stuff at your base and heroes, completely crushing you. This sadistic onslaught on your units and, more importantly, your brain, begins to make you question your sanity and makes you quickly put all of the sharp objects in close proximity to you under lock and key. During this one-sided fight, the mapmaker continues to exclaim, "Dis shit is teh dope man!" You leave the game in defeat, wondering why life was so cruel as to waste 8 minutes of your life in such a mind-rottenly disgusting manner...
Old 03-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

One entry means one spell!