wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Concept Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie
Default Two more drawings! (WIP)

I think I'm just gonna vectorise and color these, then shade and add detail after. It's soooooo much easier than doing all of the base coloring by hand with a mouse/tablet...

First one is yet another for my campaign, gonna add some light shining in through the window, etc. Do the pillows and sheets look okay? I'm not that good with fabric yet...

Second one is just something I did during about two study halls (a 70 min long period during school where we're supposed to do homework, etc, but I always just draw instead). It's for my girlfriend . I like how the shading came out on the paper, but my stupid scanner screwed it up again.

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

Tell me what you think. Of course they're going to be colored, it's just that it's much easier to change things before it's colored...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TD mini.jpg (30.4 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Georgie mini.jpg (21.0 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Pyritie : 05-15-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

The left dragon looks so very wrong.

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

He's just lying on his back. Sorta. With one knee in the air. That's all...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
Born清odificate
Fear the bananamonster!

Respected User

Submissions (26)

Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)

Send a message via ICQ to Born清odificate Send a message via AIM to Born清odificate

The back looks like the chest. Try to make it more clear, that itsa chest. ;)

Btw. what type of campaign is it for that you use pictures of a children's room with toys and a couple of dragons? Makes me curious. ^^
Old 05-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #5
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Like how? Maybe I could put small spikes running down his back, but they would be kinda hard to sit on... I dunno... Maybe add some muscles? I'll play around a bit, see what I get.

And the campaign is about these two young boys (dragons, of course) who find something and have to take it somewhere. That's all I'm saying. In the other thread, the red dragon is the dad, the blue is the mom, and the yellow is the one who got the "thing". The other brother, who is green, is still outside.
This first drawing is for the first map where it's early morning, and then the mom comes in to wake them up, only finding they're not in bed, but the sheets are all messy, and then she hears this clashing sound downstairs and finds out the boys are pretending to be pirates... I haven't ruined it yet, have I? Well that's all I'm going to say.
The campaign link in my signature is an older version, as I'm currently redoing the terrain in both of them (thanks to your high-res doodads :D), as well as adding more stuff to the first map. The basic storyline will be the same, just better. Dragonlitermorticae is also getting a massive overhaul.

Okay, I hope that gives you a little bit of an overview of what my campaign will end up being.

Oh, and also I'm trying to combine a good storyline with good gameplay, as most campaigns which have a good storyline end up being full of melee maps or corridor sweeping. My one's going to have a racing map (with hopefully 9 tracks, as well as a system for going realistically over jumps and ramps), a TD, a CTF, and others! The next map for it, Dimension of Air is a puzzle-style map. With air elementals.

Wow, I wrote a lot.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
Born清odificate
Fear the bananamonster!

Respected User

Submissions (26)

Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)Born清odificate is just really nice (318)

Send a message via ICQ to Born清odificate Send a message via AIM to Born清odificate

Simply try to shape the scapulas , and don't let the trizeps look like a bizeps ;)

Well that sounds quite like an unconventional campaign. PM me when you've redone the terrain, i'll try the map. :)
Old 05-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Whoops, forgot about triceps >_<
Before, he was leaning forward but that looked weird, so I made him reclining. Forgot to fix dat.

My campaign at the moment has WoW models, which is why I can't put it here. I'm working on either getting or making better ones. Maybe you'd be interested?

Anyway, do you think the sheets and pillow in the first one look fine? I wanna make sure I have them good. Same with the female dragon's body.

Last edited by Pyritie : 05-15-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyritie
I'm not that good with perspective yet...
corrected. Seriously, learn how to construct an interior perspective before actually doing one.

Last edited by TDR : 05-16-2007 at 06:47 AM.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
Elenai
-The EPIC-

Submissions (5)

Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)Elenai will become famous soon enough (62)

mmmnnnn. the pillows and sheets are very nice but the room lacks something I just don't know what.

and the dragons are... wierd.

have you tried gesture work before you actually draw the pictures (thats making the basic shapes and making a stick figure skeleton before tightening the picture with the actual object you are drawing) It would really improve anyones art work ten fold It did mine.
Elenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #10
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Craka_J 123 Send a message via MSN to Craka_J 123 Send a message via Yahoo to Craka_J 123

I don't see any physical female features on that Dragon on the right, which concludes to me thinking that they're a little...
First homosexual dragons! lol now that's a random scene

Second picture is alright. Looks like it was made in 'Paint'. Little toys look pretty funny though lol
Craka_J 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenai
the room lacks something I just don't know what.
yeah, perspective.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
Dan van Ohllus
Negatory

Submissions (40)

Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)Dan van Ohllus is a jewel in the rough (242)

Speaking of perspectives, here are some tutorials if you have problem with perspectives.

Drawing in one-point perspective tutorial:
http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/

More perspective drawing tutorials in this site (links can be found in "Computer Graphics & Basic Drawing Tutorials")
http://www.khulsey.com/student.html

I don't take requests, so don't PM or e-mail me for any.

WHY IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST YOUR FIRST MODEL/SKIN/ICON
Dan van Ohllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #13
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

the first link you posted is bullshit. I can teach you better 1-point perspective with my eyes closed. But I won't unless you beg me.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:16 PM   #14
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
corrected. Seriously, learn how to construct an interior perspective before actually doing one.
Okay, okay, I'm still learning. Sheesh. You know the other drawing with the red and blue and yellow dragons in the house on the other thread? Does that have good perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenai
have you tried gesture work before you actually draw the pictures (thats making the basic shapes and making a stick figure skeleton before tightening the picture with the actual object you are drawing) It would really improve anyones art work ten fold It did mine.
Yeah, I did that. I think it's pretty good, considering that my dragons about a year ago looked like this (crappy, eh?) Zoom (requires log in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craka_J 123
I don't see any physical female features on that Dragon on the right, which concludes to me thinking that they're a little...
First homosexual dragons! lol now that's a random scene

Second picture is alright. Looks like it was made in 'Paint'. Little toys look pretty funny though lol
Well, if you look at real lizards, the two genders have almost no differentiating features. I did the best I could, like making the girl's nose and head more rounded, slimmer waist and bigger hips, more skinny muscles. Hey, before I just resorted to sticking two lumps on its upper chest and saying "Lol female!"

Second one I drew, then inked it. I know, my scanner sucks. It's going to be vectorised anyway, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born簡Modificate
Simply try to shape the scapulas , and don't let the trizeps look like a bizeps ;)
Like this?
Zoom (requires log in)
And the couple drawing is not for my campaign. It's just some other one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pyritie.jpg (18.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Me and Georgie back fixed.jpg (62.7 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Pyritie : 05-17-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #15
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

http://www.freewebs.com/dragonint/dragonbiology.htm

and:
http://sommerland.org/ondragons/biology/eastern.html
http://www.dreslough.com/main/Dragbodies/index.htm

maybe it is helpfull, to understand the position of dragons muscels and such :)

Hidden information:
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^

Last edited by unwirklich : 05-16-2007 at 05:41 PM.
unwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote