wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM   #1
Kiah

I'm thinking about putting together a team of people who are at least fairly skilled in various areas to make the most killer AOS style map ever created. Let me break it down:

What I want to do is create the standard, "Units spawn and then head toward objective while heroes battle and assist" thing that everyone does but I want to expand on it. Naturally there will be custom heroes, spells, units, and items and possibly some models and icons from the files found here at wc3campaigns. My basic idea is to make something similar to Savage: The Battle for Newerth. IE-Players will pick heroes at the start of the battle but one player can opt to become the commander of their team. The commander will receive a percentage of resource bounties as well as resources that will be given every tick (x ammount of seconds) for outposts/town halls placed near said resources. Heroes will work to assist troops and each other as well as destroy enemy fortifications. Heroes will have a fog of war effect so that they can only see certain areas and see what other heroes see. However, the commander will be free of the limitation of fog of war. They will be able to direct the flow of troops (through the use of certain buildings) as well as direct the heroes under his/her command with the minimap marker.

The main forces would likely be the demon horde versus the alliance. I want to generate a story that makes sense in the context and create appropriate heroes with appopriate spells and use some quick cinematics at the start to explain what's going on. (yes they'd be skippable)

I'm also thinking of making things a little more interesting by making terrain a little more complicated than the standard 3-5 simple lanes.

Now, what would I be doing you ask? I'll be able to create heroes, trigger based spells, terrain, items, whatever is needed. I'm not exceptionally good at trigger based spells or the computer AI so I would need people who know their way around those things. My main problem with trigger spells are the memory leaks so somebody familiar with ways to reduce memory leaks and lag would be much appreciated. I will also be acting as lead designer so what I say goes, I'll listen to all input and decide fairly and honestly. I need help on this and help will be taken seriously. =]

I figure we can chat via IRC, I have webspace to host the map at temporarily as well. If you're interested in this project please post here, I'm interested in mature individuals that aren't going to l33t speak me to death.

Thanks! ^_^

Last edited by Kiah : 10-06-2004 at 05:13 AM.

Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #2
valinor.bob
User

valinor.bob has little to show at this moment (0)

I would be interested in helping. I have some ideas for how to make the AoS genre more dynamic and less repetative. I can do triggers, JASS, and am pretty good at making new hero skills. You can contact me at valinorbob@gmail.com or send me a PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:08 PM   #3
Kiah

Excellent, I just sent you a PM.

As of right now this project team consists of myself & a friend of mine. I've been doing units and spells and he's writing/thinking up original spell/unit/goal ideas. We still need at least one person that's pretty good with AI so if anyone's interested let me know.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
Legaycspy
User

Legaycspy has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey thats so cool, im doing a map based on savage too, though mine sounds a little different, any ways im probally gunna scrap it soon anways, gunna work on a pirate map.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:21 AM   #5
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

You should try dynamic routing, and territorial control. A vs B via routes C, E F, and G is too dull and overdone.

Be excellent to each other.
Closed Thread