wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #16
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)

I just edited this, if you need the project updates they will be at the first post. It will look cleaner eventully.

Last edited by linkmaster23 : 11-24-2003 at 10:55 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-24-2003, 07:26 PM   #17
GreyArchon
User

GreyArchon is on a distinguished road (10)

Here's one I tried but couldn't get to work: Make a spell called "Gravitational Force" that pulls a targetted enemy TOWARDS the hero.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #18
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)linkmaster23 will become famous soon enough (30)

LOL! Thats EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ll do it tho.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:42 PM   #19
MaliceDR
User

MaliceDR has little to show at this moment (0)

If you want another lesser challange, try recreating the Sorceress's Blaze ability as well. I've already produced a working version, but it's an interesting ability to create.

As for the Firewall spell, I don't plan on using it. You asked for challenging ideas, so I gave you one. I'm pretty sure plenty of other people would like it.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:44 PM   #20
GreyArchon
User

Quote:
Originally posted by linkmaster23
LOL! Thats EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ll do it tho.

Easy? Ok. Do it without using triggers. :P
Old 11-24-2003, 08:55 PM   #21
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

lol welll thats diff...
Old 11-24-2003, 08:57 PM   #22
GreyArchon
User

Quote:
Originally posted by linkmaster23
lol welll thats diff...

Yeah. I tried doing it using (item) Amulet of Recall, didn't work.
Now I'm trying to use (item) Dark Summoning as a base. :P
Old 11-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #23
FF_Behemoth
User

FF_Behemoth has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Zachary_Shadow
This wouldn't actually be that hard... As you just attach the "flames" to his overhead, you could use the burning oil eg. The dummy skill would be Immolation. Then use an invisible model to remove the immolation animation... :)

You make that sound so easy ZS, well the spell itself isnt all that difficult. The only difficult part is to order the dummyunit around the caster. For that to work, you need to use math for this, as I mention earlier, the harderst part is the degress in which each dummyunit should move. After that, its a piece of cake.

For any1 interested what I'm talking about, There is a spell called Blade Dance from my map (link is in my signature). Pick team1 and pick Auron. Many thx to Zoizite for helping me with this....
Old 11-24-2003, 09:45 PM   #24
Frostmourne
User

Frostmourne has little to show at this moment (0)

dude ur spells are AWESOME!!!!!!! man do i like ur ninja spells =) hey how about making some for me??

how about making a spell like omnislash wheere u attack rapidly from all directions like u hit in front then go to back to attack then switch palce again

speed strike its liek blink but u target the enmy u want to blink to and the unit attacks with extra damge.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:52 PM   #25
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

Froustmourne thanks. ill add you to my to do list. FF_Behnmoth you are my muse. lol. I and you dont nessasrily have to use a dummy unit. Im not at least. ive gooten to the point where i avoid those at all costs. If you need me to tell you how to do it ill gladly tell you how.

And if you need spell updates. i will have them posted up top. i will be updating them as the spells come in.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:10 AM   #26
linkmaster23
User

Submissions (3)

I have thought that i will update the moves by outting a (%) after the abilty. It will save me time of having to write up a whole post. the firewall just needs fine tuning then it will be finished.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:50 AM   #27
MaliceDR
User

MaliceDR has little to show at this moment (0)

Thanks, my man. If you've still got the time and will, there are a few spells I could use.

The first is a spell called Inferno, not related to the Infernal summoning spell. The casting hero is surrounded by a storm of flames (uses the Mark of Chaos graphic over and over) over the course of two seconds while the spell is channeled. Durring this period of time, the hero looses 33% of their mana per second (33% when cast, 50% in second 1, and 100% in second 2). Additionally, all enemy units nearby will take damage equal to the mana drained from the casting hero that second times 1.5.

To clarify:

Hero A has 300 mana and begins to channel Inferno.
Unit B is close enough to feel the effects.
Hero A looses 100 (33%) mana immediatly.
Unit B likewise looses 150 health immediatly.
After the first second, Hero A looses another 100 mana (50%).
Unit B takes another 150 damage.
It's second two, and Hero A exhausts her final 100 (100%) and stops channeling.
Unit B takes 150 damage.

I hope that's enough info to work on.

Another spell I'm working on is Smite, which is a knock-off of the Paladin's Charge ability in D2. It's a 5-level hero ability that sends the hero dashing towards the targeted unit. The charge lasts for 2.5 seconds, at which point a trigger will give the hero a 'stop' order. The charge will also be canceled if the player issues any other order during those 2.5 seconds (ie: attacks, stop, another skill, etc.)

When the charging hero gets almost within melee range (150) of his target, he will strike them with a stunning blow. It's safe to base this portion of the skill off of Storm Bolt, though it would have to be a dummy skill. I wouldn't wnat players abusing a cooldown-free, mana-free charge boost as a way to speed up transportation.

1:) 40% Dash speed boost. 75 impact damage. Stuns 5 sec. for units, 2 sec for heroes.
2:) 45% Dash speed boost. 100 impact damage. Stuns 6 sec. for units, 2.5 sec for heroes.
3:) 50% Dash speed boost. 125 impact damage. Stuns 7 sec. for units, 3 sec for heroes.
4:) 55% Dash speed boost. 150 impact damage. Stuns 8 sec. for units, 3.5 sec for heroes.
5:) 60% Dash speed boost. 175 impact damage. Stuns 9 sec. for units, 4 sec for heroes.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #28
FerretDruid
User

FerretDruid has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Make an ability like "Slots", say pause the target unit and place 3 treasure chests in front of it that rapidly change colors then stop one by one when the caster clicks a special button. Make each combination of colors have a specific outcome so when the ability is finished it can do all sorts of nasty things. Super cripple, shrink, maybe even an instant kill, teleport to nearest town hall, long lasting silence, and other stuff.

My idea from another topic, good luck if you decide to try it.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:04 AM   #29
Cloud-Strife
User

Cloud-Strife has little to show at this moment (0)

FF_behemoth helped me with creating Omnislash awhile back, but im curious to see how you would go about this.

Basically, in FF VII, Cloud (hey, thats me!) powered up for several seconds, and then teleported to an enemy and sliced them, then teleported to another and sliced, then another, then another, for as many enemies as there were. In total I believe it was either 15 or 16 slashes, being divided amongst all enemies. Not too mention that it all happened at blistering fast speed. If youve seen any other final fantasy special attacks from other games, Renzokuken/lionheart from FF VIII and Blitz Ace fron FF X are both based from the same thing, except blitz ace only attacks 1 target and Omnislash is the only 1 with the teleportation effect if i remember (and the coolest looking one too,imo.)

So basically, what you need in WC3 is to have a hero charge up, then attack any nearby enemies by attacking, then teleporting to another nearby enemy and attacking, and repeating around 15 times. possibly giving the casting hero additional dmg during this time and faster attack may be a good idea as well, as Cloud was much stronger and faster during the attack.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #30
phantom1412kid
User

phantom1412kid has little to show at this moment (0)

A trigger based starfall with a limited number of targets... say, 8. It gets the target(s) location and drops the meteors on them. If there is only one target then all 8 will hit that target.

I'm basically going to study how you do that, since the one I tried doesn't work.

I hope you'll be kind enough to satisfy my curiousity. Thanks.
Closed Thread