wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Zoizite
User

Zoizite has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm down to 14 spells to make. All hero roles have been defined and some refined.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Anyways, here's what I got so far. The ones that need spells are noted.

Format:
Proper Name - Class Name - Model - Primary Attribute - Role
Skill 1
SKill 2
Skill 3
Ultimate

Human

Arius the Pure - Disciple of the Light - Priest Model - Intelligence - Healer

Holy Light - Stock
Power Up - Buff: +20/35/50% damage, one ally.
Teleport - Like DotA
Solar Flare - Negative Buff: All enemy units in range 1500 are blinded by intense light. Mass Curse.

Bloodaxe the Savage - Berzerker - Ice Troll Model - Strength - Power Melee
Axe Throw - 75/150/225 damage nuke.
Rage - Passive: 10/15/20% chance for 2x critical strike / 5/10/15% evasion.
Berzerk - Passive: 50/100/150% attack speed 20/40/60% move speed. Takes +25% damage. 15 second duration, 45 second cooldown.
(none)

Yozshura - Partizan - Blademaster Model - Strength - Power Melee
Flash of the Blade - Leaping attack to one target for 100/200/300 damage. 700/850/1000 range. From my old sig.
Counter Attack - Passive: 10/20/30% chance to strike an attacking enemy for 25/50/75 damage. Only counters one foe at a time.
Evasion - Stock
War Cry - Self buff: +25% damage, +5 armor, +50% life regeneration. 45 second duration, 90 second cooldown.

Alexis Demilune - Advocate of the Crescent - Sentry Model - Agility - Hero Killer
Moon Glaive - 75/150/225 damage nuke.
Shadow Strike - Adds up to 120/180/250 damage to next attack. Melee range. High cooldown and mana cost.
Agility Bonus - +4 agility per point.
Sentry - Summons 8 guardian spirits to protect the Advocate. The sentries revolve around the Advocate and will retaliate against any enemies within range. Each blast deals 5 damage. Lasts 180 seconds.

Maritza de la Helada - Hyperborean Sibyl - Jaina Model - Intelligence - Offensive/Support Caster
Frozen Orb - Like in Diablo 2. 50/100/150 damage per bolt(pierces). High cooldown and mana cost.
Frost Assault - Quad nuke. Frost attacks come from all 4 corners of the screen and hit one target. 100/175/250 damage(total).
Frost Aura - -10/15/20% attack speed and -5/10/15% movement speed for enemies.
Passion of Shiva - With Shiva's aid, Jaina renders the battlefield into a frozen wasteland. Randomly and repeatedly damages and chills enemies.Each blast deals 150 damage to the target, and 50 to nearby enemies. 3 second chill duration(1.5 to heroes). There is a 3 second channeling that must finish for this to go off. Fires 12 times. 1500 radius.

Kala Magefire - Pyromancer - Kael - Intelligence - Heavy Offensive Caster
Meteor Storm - 100/200/300 AoE damage. Slight delay. High cooldown and mana cost.
Inferno - Fires explosions in a line. Was meant to be like the Diablo 1 inferno. 60/100/150 AoE line damage.
Hellfire - Summons 5 invisible feral spirits with fire trap attack animation. 3/6/9 second duration.
Flamestrike - Tweaked from stock. Does more initial damage, but no after-damage.

Maranda Windstrafe - Ranger - Sylvanas Windrunner Model - Agility - Ranged
(unnamed) - +75/150/225% attack speed. Short duration, high cooldown.
Exploding Arrows - Passive: Gives a 7.5/15/22.5% chance to explode arrows on attack. Deals 75(total) damage to target unit, and 50 damage to enemy units in a small area of effect.
Precision - Passive: +25/35/45% damage.
Guardian - Summons a huge Siege Golem

Mayumi Hatori - Razormaid - Maiev Model - Agility - Harrassment
(none)
Wind Walk - 50/75/100 backstab damage. +10/20/30% movement speed. 15/30/45 second duration. 30 second cooldown. 75 mana.
Negative Armor Aura - -1/3/5 armor for enemies in a range of 700.
Razor Fury - Teleports to every enemy in range and does a 75/300(max) damage Fan of Knives at their location.

Aggronor Stoneshield - Sentinel - Spellbreaker Model - Strength - Tank
Blade Throw - 75/150/225 damage nuke.
(none)
Shield Block - 10/20/30% chance to block all but 10 damage from a physical attack.
Spell Steal - Stock as a hero ability.

Will throw an AoE heal somewhere on the human team.

Undead

Rasza the Eternal - Aphotic Phantasm - Avatar of Vengeance Model - Intelligence - Support Caster/Backup Healer
Phase Shift - 1.5/3/4.5 second duration. 8.5/8/7.5 second cooldown. 40 mana.
Elysian Touch - 100/200/300 AoE heal. 20 second cooldown. 100 mana.
Dark Familiar - Summons an invicible familiar. Uncontrollable. Follows you and attacks. 10/20/30 damage. 120 second duration.
Ruination - The Phantasm calls forth ultimate power from the ethereal plane. After gathering enough energy, Ruination is unleashed. Each blast deals 100 AoE damage. There is a 3 second channeling that must finish for this to go off. This is hard to explain, just take my word, it's sweet.

Dethecus - Bane of the Living - Overlord Model(Creep) - Strength - Power Melee/Siege
(nothing at all!)
He will have a building killing spell, like shockwave, probably, also an aura. For the other 2 skills, I have no idea.

Terminus - Black Rogue - Dark Ranger Model - Agility - Ranged
Arrow of the Damned - 100/175/250 damage nuke.
Freezing Arrows - Passive: Gives a 3.3/6.6/10% chance to enchant arrows with a freezing effect on attack. Deals 75(total) damage to target unit, and 50 damage and chills enemy units in a small area of effect.
Vile Alacrity - Passive: +20/30/40% attack speed.
Desecration - Takes control of a target enemy unit, and gives it a 50% attack and movement speed bonus, as well as a 50% vampiric attack. Cannot be used on Heroes, or creeps above level 8. The controlled units will die after 240 seconds.

Azrael - Bloodlord - Possessed Grom Hellscream(may switch) - Strength - Power Melee
(nothing at all!)
He will have a slashing attack similar to that of the Partisan(Blademaster), 2 Passives, and another skill.

Kryptikk Soulslayer - Dark Adherent - Lich Model - Intelligence - Healer/Support
Death Coil - Stock
Avatar of Bahamut - Transforms a friendly unit into a random Dragon Whelp/Drake/Dragon and grants control for 30 seconds. Abilities and Life of level 3 dragons have been tweaked. This skill may switch owners.
Teleport - Like DotA
(none) - Good buff(positive or negative) spell for ultimate?

Mistress Darksorrow - Maiden of Agony - Succubus Model - Intelligence - Heavy Offensive Caster
Explosion - 100/150/200 AoE damage nuke.
Life Drain - 40/80/120 damage drained over 4 seconds.
Poison Sting - 100/200/300 damage and 10/15/20 damage per second for 15 seconds. Range 200. This needs nerfed even with low range.
Defile - Edited starfall. Increased damage and rate, lowered duration, changed graphics+trigger SFX.

Sindweller - Slayer - Evil Illidan Model(first hero I made for this) - Agility - Harrassment/Hero Killer
Feedback - 5/7.5/10 mana destroyed per hit. No extra damage.
Frenzy - +33/66/100% attack speed and +10/20/30% move speed for 45 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Spell Shield - Blocks one spell. 60/40/20 second cooldown. 50 mana. To be tweaked.
Telekill - Immobilizes the target, teleports to its location, and attacks. Effect lasts 12 seconds; 4 seconds to heroes.

Maldazzar - Stygian Guard - Naga Royal Guard Model - Strength - Tank
(none) - Maybe a nuke?
Strength of the Tides - +5 strength per level.
Cleaving Attack - Stock. To be tweaked.
(none) - Something that fits his role as a tank.

Lady Serpentra - Stygian Queen - Lady Vashj Model - Agility - Ranged Support/Offensive Caster
Monsoon - 100/150/200 damage to a 300/400/500 AoE.
Summon Naga Sirens - Summons 2 Naga Sirens. Feral Spirit edit. Sirens are buffed at each level.
Brilliance Aura - Stock. To be tweaked.
Wrath of the Heavens - Fires 12 Chain Lightnings at random enemies in a range of 1200. Each bolt deals 60 damage and jumps 8 times.

Original post with some screenshots can be found here:
Hero / Spell ideas needed for AoS/DotA map...
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #2
Zoizite
User

Why is it that it always seems to take five times longer to find a left sock than it does to find a right sock? This still baffles me to this day.

Guess nobody wants to share/has any ideas. I'll post some screenies when I get home from work. That usually helps =P
Old 08-18-2003, 08:33 PM   #3
Mech-Sheep
User

Mech-Sheep is on a distinguished road (20)

KS-17 Falconaire - Machinery - Seige Tank - Agility - Hit-n-Run

Spell 1: Rampage - Increases the Falconaire's movement speed by 30%/50%/70% and any units near it will take 10/20/30 damage every second. Costs 75 mana and lasts for 10 seconds.

Spell 2: Seige Mode - The Falconaire changes into an immovable tank, with 20%/40%/60% damage bonus and lasts for 60 seconds. No mana cost, but cooldown is decreased by 10 seconds every level, starting with 50 second cooldown.

Spell 3: Barrage Cannon - Using the power of rockets, it shoots rockets from every direction and deals 150/200/250 damage per rocket (based on Fan of Knives). Mana cost is 100 and cooldown is 15 seconds.

Ultimate: Special Beam of Purification - Based on Shockwave, it deals 400 damage from any units in the path of the huge light beam. The beam lasts for 3000 range (that means it finishes when it reaches this range). Mana cost is 200, and cooldown is 120 mana.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #4
Lazurus
User

Lazurus has little to show at this moment (0)

Aww... I liked Dethecus better with the Deep Sea Revenant model, but oh well, time for the ideas:

"Bloodaxe the Savage - Berzerker - Ice Troll Model - Strength - Power Melee
Axe Throw - 75/150/225 damage nuke.
Rage - Passive: 10/15/20% chance for 2x critical strike / 5/10/15% evasion.
Berzerk - Passive: 50/100/150% attack speed 20/40/60% move speed. Takes +25% damage. 15 second duration, 45 second cooldown.
(none)"

This guy has two initial passive skills, which is just no fun. I'd say make Berzerk into an activation kind like the ones the Troll Berserkers for the Orcs have. No name change or anything else needed. For his ultimate, I'd recommend either a passive approach and give him a passive magic damage reduction using the runed bracer's item ability as a base (45% damage reduction, ect. Whatever is fair, though this could also replace that spell shield thing for illidan as well, if you wish) or have it be an activation one of some sort (your good with triggers, you could probably program this) where it is activated and he stands there and randomly hurls storm bolts edited to have his axe weapon graphics at people at a very fast rate. It's up to you. Just my suggestions.

As for the Naga Sea Witch, you could reduce her Brilliance Aura's range to 500, have a trigger there to add another aura to her which saps mana from nearby enemies, and have brilliance aura continue to give her slight mana regeneration. Call it whatever you wish. It might be an interesting twist. If you'd like an alternative for Monsoon for her, I've made a spell called "Call Storm" for my map, using Rain of Chaos as a base and basing it off of a modified inferno with monsoon's lightning graphics, you could have sort of a random AoE channeling stun spell that could easily stack, and would be alot of fun and somewhat similar to blizzard. Just an idea. :))

For the Dark Adherent, he needs a healing spell of some sort (You put healer / support in for his role) I'm sure you can come up with something unique for that. Avatar of Bahamut just doesn't seem to fit him, I'd recommend having him turn friendly units into Voidwalkers or something instead of dragons. This is an interesting type of spell though. For his ultimate, I'd say he needs a positive buff, since the Human's side had a priest with a negative blinding spell. You could have him turn another hero into a very powerful or very large shadow demon, phantasmal horror, ect. It's up to you, it would be an interesting ultimate though, no doubt. You might also replace Avatar of Bahamut with a targetable divine shield spell, he could be of even more assistance to allies.

Terminus is nicely done, but she also has two passive initial skills, which is no fun to play! I'd recommend taking off Vile Alacrity and giving her something unique, perhaps a ward with the impaled peasent on a spike model that can summon skeleton archers and mages? Just a thought. If you want to stick to her agility fighter thing, give her some edit of carrion swarm that shoots arrows in a wide area instead, like the Amazon from D2's Strafe :) Another idea is to get her a spell similar to parasite which would summon something similar. Any might work. As for her counterpart on the Humans side, you might consider having her summon a hawk-like companion for an ultimate instead of a siege golem. Why do that? Well, you could have the hawk gain levels and it could be an actual hero unit that could only be resurrected by her ultimate, should it die. It could have a whole slew of fun minor spells to learn. Think that for the hawk's ultimate, you could have it summon 6 minor hawk units with low damage and invincibility to circle around and attack one enemy hero? That'd be great, and annoying! :)

For someone, though I'm not sure who (perhaps you could replace teleport with this or give it to Grom) if you have ever played Super Smash Brothers Melee, you know that Shiek's teleporting spell which hurts all enemies around her when she uses it is fun, so I'm sure with your abilities in triggers, you will be able to mix something like that up. It could be fun, who knows? It was going to be for my map, but its discontinued.

Note for your AoE heal for the humans, why not give it to the Sentinel, his job is to tank, right? Well, this would allow him to fuffill that role, and make him sort of a supporting tank. Maldazzar could take the opposite path and become a power melee / tank. For his other skills, a nuke seems like a good idea, you could give him anything from hurling his pike at people to spitting poison for that. Instead of Strength of the Tides, why not give him a skill that increases his hit point regeneration and armor passively? Would be a little more of a unique twist, I think. I'm at a little of a loss for Maldazzar's ultimate though. You could give him anything from a +20 strength bonus, to temporary +1000 HP and increased regeneration. Those are my only ideas for his ultimate, perhaps someone else will think of more or better ones. An interesting concept which could replace his Cleaving Attack skill - have you seen Tertiary_Eye's spellbook test map? You could do that for Maldazzar, and have the three spells which he can learn inside of it (one at a time) Critical Strike, Bash, and Cleaving Attack. A nice little upgrade, I think, though it might not be balanced...

Here's another generic idea for anyone, though I am not sure who it would apply to.. but: What about some sort of Astral Projection spell? It would make an illusionary copy of the caster, while making the caster ethereal, and then it would only last a limited duration / only for up to a limited range (like tornado) and it could attack enemies. This spell could be modified for a variety or ways too. You could have the caster become invincible and immobile, and the caster wouldn't be able to be harmed until the projection is killed, ect. There are many uses you could use it for.

For the Razormaid, why not give her an edit of Metamorphisis which turns her into the Avatar of Vengeance model, but scaled down to her size so it looks like she went all shadowy and such, and then give her the Feral Spirit's permanent invisibility while in this form, but set it so that there is no 1 second visibility time, so she can attack while invisible and harrass all she wants. This skill was also one my map, and I can show you an example if you like. Instead of Wind Walk, get rid of the invisibility and buff up the additional damage, so it could be sort of a charged strike.

(For Alexis, I noticed that you were considering getting rid of her ultimate because you do not like the way it looks when she moves. Why not have it do more damage, last only 30 seconds, and have it become a channeling spell instead, that way, if she did cancel, she would lose them, and it would be more practical, I think. I could do it easily, and I'm sure you could too.)

- Lazurus
Old 08-19-2003, 04:27 AM   #5
Zoizite
User

Mech Sheep: That's a good hero, but sorry if the title was misleading, I was only looking for spell ideas, not new heroes. Thanks for the hero though, as I will surely be adding more later.

Lazarus: wow, where do I start =)

First off, the Berzerker's "Berzerk" skill being passive was a typo, it is an edit of the orc ability. It is an activated skill. Spell damage reduction would be good, but I think on a different character. I wanted the Berzerker to be, well a Berzerker, as in offensive to the point of not caring about defense. Defense would be up to the player to take care of via items.

The Brilliance Aura for the Naga Witch was a filler spell, and I will probably change it to something like you suggested. I will also probably change Monsoon to a different spell base, as it doesn't always damage even when the graphics appear(buggy!?). I had already edited Blizzard's grahpic for the Pyromancer's Meteor Storm, but I didn't think about using Rain of Fire.

The Dark Adherent has Death Coil. I think you probably missed that. I was concerned about dragons not really fitting his character, but I really liked the skill. I was messing around with Hex one day, and thought... "What if I could change the guys into something mean and have them attack their friends?" Unfortunately Hex disables attacks, so I had to fake it using triggers, and decided that I should use friendly units for balance's sake. I like the rest of your ideas for him. You will most likely see one of them on him.

For both rangers, I really didn't know what to put on them for a final spell, so I made them both have similar passives(I wanted one to be the counterpart to the other). Those 2 passives(damage/speed) will most likely be changed. I got the idea for the Siege Golem from valkyrie. At one point I had her summon a beefed up Shandris. Another idea I had for Terminus was "Ambush." It was a mirror image edit with damage and short duration. I had that as an ultimate, but it was way too easy to take out towers with(think Phantom Lancer cheese from DotA). I do want them to stay as ranged attackers, so I will probaly just do a strafe/multishot for them. I had tried to do strafe, but it didn't really turn out right, and I never got around to doing it again after I had learned more advanced triggering.

The Sentinel is a good candidate for the area healing spell.
As far as Maldazzar goes, you make some good points, and I will definately take those into account.

I purposefully stayed away from bash and critical strike, though, as they can throw balance out of whack pretty easy(*wink*wink*Tides of Blood*wink*wink)*. Especially Bash, although the Siege Golem has the default creep verion of it.

As far as the Astral Projection... I don't know if this would fit any of the current heroes, but definately a good skill for a future hero.

For the Razormaid, good points, especially on the Wind Walk. I'm a little uneasy about permanent invisibility, though, for balance reasons, but the Goblin Shop does sell Dust of Appearance, and all towers are detectors.

Alexis's ultimate is DEFINATELY staying. I just love it too much =). The only reason I was considering scrapping it was because someone mentioned it might lag the game down late game. This has not been a problem at all, and until I see otherwise, it's staying as is. I love it too much.

Other things I wanted to mention:

I'm going to switch out a few of the nukes to have stun, even if just a little bit, for a channeling spell counter. Both Jaina's and the Phantasm's ultimates are VERY powerful, and the delay was given so players would have a chance to stun them out of it, and/or run like hell.

I plan on having 3 levels of boots of speed. One would be the standard boots, the second one would put you at max move speed, and the third would have Wind Walk charges(unlimited, but has cooldown). It would be edited to give no invisibility. The reason for this is that Wind Walk will make you run quite a bit faster than the max speed of 400.

I'm going to have a spell block/counter item. This shouldn't be hard but it'll take a LONG time to make. Basically it's an amulet of spell shield, but on blocking the attack, an invisible caster will send a copy of the spell back at the original caster. Will only work on one target nukes, probably.

Another item will increase the power of your spells by "double casting." More invisible casters and heavy triggering here. Would only work on offensive spells.

There are currently two victory conditions. One is the standard "town hall" victory that every other AoS uses. Another is the "head count" victory. Whenever you kill a hero, his head pops off(wisp). If you can get it back to your fountain(it has 200 hit points), your team scores a head count point. After so many points, you win. I was also thinking about having a capture the flag victory in there as well. Capture the flag, bring it back to your base so many times and you win. I might add a few more in there, and have a dialog system that has players vote on the victory conditions at the start of the game.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
Mech-Sheep
User

Mech-Sheep is on a distinguished road (20)

I think it would be better if the host chooses Capture the Flag, Town Hall, and other victory conditions.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:44 AM   #7
Shvegait
User

Shvegait has little to show at this moment (0)

A voting system would probably be better. If everyone wants to play one way but the host picks Capture the Flag, then it winds up being no fun for anyone.

Cool ideas for the heroes/spells, btw.

Here's an idea for a spell that might be cool in an AoS, but I don't know exactly what Hero you could fit it on. I'm using it in the Hero Arena I'm working on, but it really seems like it's more of an AoS-ish spell. It's called Dimensional Rift, and the effect is that while the caster is channeling (based off of the spell "Channel", with the effect art of the "Shimmering Portal"), every 3 seconds nearby enemy units get sucked into it, and units that are too close to the center of the Rift lose a certain percentage of their life/mana. It looks really cool when you set the Art Duration to 5.00... like you're summoning this portal to suck the enemies in. Then, when the caster stops channelling, the effect is turned off after 2.99 seconds (the rift will still appear open for a short duration after the channelling stops).

Maybe the Dark Adherent could have it... I don't know, just a thought.

Edit: By getting sucked into it, it could be interpreted two ways, either by issuing move orders to the center of the Rift, or simply moving units instantly a small amount in the direction of the Rift.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:59 AM   #8
Zoizite
User

That's a pretty sweet skill there, Shvegait. It sounds like a black hole or something. I would use the move instantly option, and have them playing their walk animation, like they were trying to run out of it, but couldn't.

As far as the host/vote debate. I don't think there's any possible way for triggers to detect the actual host. Who says the host wants to be a certain color/alliance?

If that were possible, I would make it so the host's vote counts extra, like 2x, but I really don't think it's possible to detect the real host.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:09 AM   #9
Zoizite
User

Frost Assault

The last part of Frozen Orb

Inferno

Flash of the Blade

More on the way.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:12 AM   #10
Zoizite
User

Meteor Storm

Passion of Shiva - Tried changing Jaina to a sorceress... didn't look right. Ignore the items, they're for debugging purposes only.

More Passion of Shiva

A new pic of Razor Fury
Old 08-19-2003, 06:16 AM   #11
Zoizite
User

Ruination - step one: expand.

Ruination - step two: rotate.

If you look at the minimap, it shows all the invisible casters. ^^

That's about it for now.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:44 AM   #12
Lazurus
User

Lazurus has little to show at this moment (0)

Understood for the Berzerker, I'll think up something else for him later.

I'll include a map with an edit to Rain of Chaos to suite the spell I suggested, so you can see what I was talking about for the Naga.

Ah, missed that part about the Dark Adherent, I wish you could different versions of these healing spells though. :(

Goood luck with those two (Terminus and Maranda) hope they turn out right.

Thanks for the comments on the Maldazzar ideas, I just wish I could have been able to think of a more creative ultimate.

Hrm.... you could just give him Critical Strike, some passive version of slow poison renamed open wounds, and cleaving attack. He'd be a very hard character to go 1 on 1 melee style with.

I agree on astral project, couldn't think of anyone either.

Permanet invisibility can be fine when balanced, I will show you in the test map as well.

You misunderstood what I said about Alexis's ultimate, I ment to suggest make it channeling so you don't get that funky move effect, it's also on the test map.

Here you go.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:04 AM   #13
Zoizite
User

I understood what you meant for the protector spell. I don't want it channeling. It was put in to help her deal damage on top of her normal attacks. I came up with the idea based on an OLD Sega Genesis game called Alisia Dragoon. She had these little helper critters that would follow her around. There were 4(I think) different ones you could choose, each one with it's own kind of attack. I don't think the game was ever popular, but it was VERY cool(and hard, too). Well, anyways, one of them was a little orb thing that circled around her and shot fireballs. I originally had only one of them circling Alexis, but it didn't have timed life, so you could add more and more as time went on. This was grossly overpowered, not to mention the lag it caused when about 30 of them fired their lightning attack. I thought it looked best when she had 8 out, so I stuck it like that.

I like your Call Storm spell. It's nice =) The way I do monsoon, though, is it's just a one shot, hit everything in the area once spell. I will probably base it on Rain of Fire, though, because of the way it doesn't always do damage to everybody.

I might change the holy light/death coil graphically, but I want their function to be as it is. Heavy heal/not so heavy nuke. It just works out. They can't be pure support or they would be no fun.

[edit]
By the way, look at the Ruination pics. What special effect should I use? Phoenix looks F'n awesome, but it lags a bit.

Also, would you be interested in helping me beta test this?

The pattern for Ruination is this:
0=caster
Code:

+
    +0+
     +

+

+ 0 +

+

+

+  0  +

+

Pause a second, then it rotates 90 degrees, 22.5 degrees at a time, using this form.
     +
     +
     +
  +++0+++
     +
     +
     +
Old 08-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #14
Ultramagnetic
User

Ultramagnetic has little to show at this moment (0)

Wow, awesome effects there Zoi, but one thing... When you start summoning up a bunch of different units and giving them all orders it's gonna lag the game to s*it for people without good processors.

Just remember, just because it doesn't lag YOU when you test it doesn't mean that with 9 other people in the game it's gonna run just as smoothly. For you OR them. Just a little friendly advice from a fellow spell editor...
Old 08-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #15
Zoizite
User

Very true. If that happens, most of the spells can be toned down. This is one of my main concerns I want to address when I start beta testing.
Closed Thread