wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Pinzu
User

Pinzu is on a distinguished road (21)

Default Finnished Villager/zombie reskin

I was wondering if you'd guys would have some suggestions or fair critizism, as this is my first skin.

(First I did it to make a headless villager, seeing I needed a model for that cus alphaing out the head didn't work to well it became this instead.)

Last edited by Pinzu : 08-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Pinzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Well, a lot of that seems just redrawn/recolored over the normal villager skin. It could be good, could not be, but I can't tell from just the unwrap... put up an in-game screenshot and you're much more likely to get some useful C'n'C.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
Pinzu
User

bleh, fine! ;d
I don't feel secure inough to start from scratch at this point ;d
*Updated first post with a ingame shot.

for those of you who might be intrested, its for my dalaran map... where every one has turned into zombies and you go around and "explore"
... I hope to find some one who can trigger the boss fights when I get so far ^^.

Last edited by Pinzu : 08-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

It looks a little stupid with the blood spots mirrored on the front like that, but I don't know what you can do about that.

Aside from that, the blood is just too out-of-place. Perhaps it's too saturated or not sharp enough on the unwrap (this does not, incidentally, get fixed by using the Sharpen tool in PS)? Whatever the case, it really just sticks out and turns into a red, blotchy mass in-game.

I would suggest scrapping the blood you already have and starting over. Try to be more artsy/tactful about the blood instead of just smearing it all over the place. Where would a zombie logically have blood? A few drops/splotches here and there would be much better than a Ronald McDonald-esque smear. And actually paint the blood on the contours of the face instead of just sponging it on top of the rewrap.

Also, how about a better color scheme? The one you have right now is just too varied: grey, light tan, and fairly bright red. Being that he's a zombie, you're going to want a much darker/deeper palette when working on the unwrap. It may sound weird now, but actually toning it all down will look much better in the long run as the whole skin will have a more complete, thematic feel.

I realize you're not so confident in your skinning, so that's why you did a lot of recolor, but just keep at it and eventually you'll get there.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 08-20-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Pinzu
User

Good to get your oppinion I will see if I can re-do the process :d

btw, are you suggesting a complet remake of the skin? or just keep poking at it?

will have to learn to model inorder to get a headless zombie-
"jee- I really wish SOMEONE could do it for me" :)

I would like to know if you can get unbanned, cus... it really bothers my brother, he got banned because "someone" spammed with his accound now he has a perma ip ban... where would one go about geting that removed?
- it really cripples him, well not a big deal but still!

and while we are offtopic... where is the map-idea-brainstorming-thread?

Last edited by Pinzu : 08-20-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

I would suggest starting over having a clear idea of what you want to do. Instead of thinking "Oh, I should probably put some red here", decide where the best places to put some blood are.

I can't model :\ Never learned how to do anything but edit the color of ribbon/particle emitters.

What's your brother's account name? It'd be best to send a PM to Vexorian, Rising_Dusk, Captain Griffen, or Anitarf about that (as they are Administrators and I am but a lowly moderator).

There is no map idea brainstorming thread, but the best place to post would be in General Development.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Pinzu
User

ever so helpful, and I didnt directly ask you, I realized that was the message delivered (sorry ;) ), it isnt his account, but the ip...

and yea, Im gonna start from scratch, also working on a arthas remake which is aswell in the zombie/undead theme.

Last edited by Pinzu : 08-20-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

As if Arthas wasn't zombie/dead enough :P

You mean the Paladin Arthas?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #9
Pinzu
User

ofcourse not the dead cool guy with a goatbeard, I meant the faggy, slim babyface arthas! :)