wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #406
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

No, it was certainly ironic... :P

And no way would I become a mod. I haven't finished anything spectacular, I don't contribute much (yet...), and frankly, I have few specialties. Also, I would probably decline even if I got recommended; I don't want the responsibility (or free-time-sucker).

With all the work they do, I have nothing but respect for Admins and Mods; but I wouldn't wish for their job, no sir. :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #407
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
If your commitment to participate in one contest gets in the way of your commitment to judge another contest, there's too much overlap.
Nope.

Quote:
New contests should be off the table until previous ones have been squared away,
Ridiculous, it could just be that we shouldn't participate in contests... There are like 4 admins for a reason.
Quote:
or if the judges can't fulfill their commitments in a timely manner, then they should at least refrain from participating in new contests while they still have work to do for outstanding ones.

Note that unlike everyone else, I'm not complaining here as a participant. I don't participate in wc3c contests for other reasons.
So, to say your opinion does not matter to me at all in these regards.
Quote:
This is really just an issue of professionalism and fair play.

Professionalism is just another silly word, I don't get paid for this. But I do understand my responsibility and like I said countless of times, it is to bring good reviews, I wouldn't bring any good reviews without the motivation and I am sorry but I didn't really plan to lose the motivation in that period... I am sure if it wasn't for the hero contest I would have probably even done jasshelper then. And if it wasn't for the form stuff I would have spent the week fixing PMs now that I know what the problem is with this vB version.

Fair-play is totally unrelated to this deal, but to tell you the truth I could have made the reviews in 4 hours the day they came, just taking a look at the codes ( ah this is GUI -2, Oh I see too many 'location' words -4, ...) I think that if I rushed the reviews I would be going against fair play. I wanted to make the reviews in which I actually reproduce the bugs cause that makes the thing fairer. I don't want to tell people their spell will break without even testing it.

So, I am sorry but I never thought my responsibility was to get the reviews fast, I always thought it was to get good reviews.

Quote:
(Note also that I already know full well the rationalizations you have for the lax way things go down here, whence "professionalism" and "fair play." No, you are not obligated to do anything--until you make the commitment, thereby obligating yourself.)

Quote:
The themes weren't "fire" or "light." The closest one we had was "water,"
I am quite sure the first spell session themes were as simple or simpler than that.

Let me close this thread, this was for discussion about rules/etc. There's no point in discussing this contest until the results are up. I can tell that the results should be up sometime during the hero contest poll.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Closed Thread