wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default Spell Making Session #11

SPELL MAKING SESSION #11

The point of this and all other spell making sessions, is to give all spell makers a challenge along with a specific theme. You will, as a participant, submit a single spell based around the given theme. Winner will be decided by public vote.

Reward:
Award Icon:
Icon:Click image for larger version

Name:	SpellSession11.png
Views:	378
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	34970
The winner of the session gets 20 reputation points.the above award icon (Appears under your name and in your profile), and their entry is automatically accepted into the WC3C spell database.

Rules:
  • You can use JASS / GUI / WEU / vJass / Anything else that you want for your spell. (Specify in the test map and entry post)
  • The spell you enter must be new and made specifically for this contest.
  • Everybody is allowed and encouraged to enter, as long as they follow the rules.
  • Entrants must focus on creating new code for the contest rather than using pre-made systems.
  • All storage-type (Including CSSafety derivations) function lists are allowed for use with your spell.
  • Please post info and WIP screenshots of your spell while you are making it to get more activity in this thread.
  • Imported special effects/sounds/textures/etc. are not allowed in any form. (Bar the below exception)
  • Imported models are only allowed if they are used for very minor things. (ie. Dummy Unit Model)
  • There must be at least 4 entries in order for the public poll to exist and a winner to be decided.
  • Submitted maps must not be protected or obfuscated.
  • Submitted maps may be no larger than 500kb.
  • Winner will be decided by public poll.
  • One entry per person.
Submission:
All spells must be submitted to the Resource Database with the prefix [SPELL11]. The spells must be submitted in some legible and dignified format and will remain in the submissions section. Upon completion of the spell session, the winner's spell will be automatically moved to the database and the rest of the spells will be reviewed like typical spell resource submissions. Users are encouraged to review the spells that are submitted early and moderators are as well, but they should not be approved regardless of quality until the spell session ends.

Theme:
Cinematic Spells (Epic Ultimates/Finishers)
  • The spell must have a sense of finality and epicness to it.
  • The spell must be fully contained in the code and not have obscene requirements. (AKA: a dummy unit is fine, a chunk of terrain for a visual effect is not)
  • The spell must not use cinematic mode or any form of camera restrictions.
The theme of this contest is to make a spell that a character in a cinematic might use as a 'finishing blow' on an enemy. Mortal Kombat players will immediately think of fatalities and let me tell you, this is your time to make that epic fatality for WC3. Cinematic spells must have a strong degree of finality to them. The only requirement for the spell is that it must be epic. If this is at all vague, go play Final Fantasy 7 and use some limit breaks or whatever they were called. If there's still any confusion regarding this, feel free to PM me any spell ideas you have and I'll tell you if they're 'epic' enough. I have a hunch it won't be that difficult to tell, though!

Deadline:
The session ends at 23:59 GMT-5: July 9, 2008.
Potential extensions are possible if lots of people need them.

Future Themes:
If you have ideas for future themes for spell sessions, please PM them to myself. This is the last theme I had in my stockpile, so I'll have to either use some crappier themes (Elements) or think a lot in my spare time. Regardless, if you have some cool technical-type themes that you'd like to see, send me a PM and we'll see if they'll work!

This is mostly here for some fun times as we await the end of the second hero contest and before we introduce any other large contests. I'm pretty excited for this contest, though, since I really think the theme will generate some awesome entries. (Show off that creativity!)

Anyways, let's make this session a successful one! Good luck everybody!
Old 06-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Yaaay cinematic spells, finally, something that seems easier then past themes. Im in.
EDIT
no 2nd/3rd place prize?

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn

Last edited by The Elite : 06-19-2008 at 08:05 AM.
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

What are the limits on systems you can use?

EDIT: premade systems that is.

Last edited by Gorman : 06-19-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

Quote:
Submitted maps may be no larger than 500kb.

not that it matters but how the hell would someone get a map to 500kb w/o any imports?

anyhow - excited for this - the most epic spell that pops into my head instantly is Omnislash - obviously over done however

must think....

btw, how will juding/grading work, don't think it's in there unless I missed it...

Last edited by emjlr3 : 06-19-2008 at 12:42 PM.
emjlr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjlr3
not that it matters but how the hell would someone get a map to 500kb w/o any imports?

a super epic ability.
with about a more then a couple of million of lines of codes.
try get close with only triggers and non-custom units =)

Last edited by Gorman : 06-19-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
chobibo
100% Genuine Retard!

chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)

Send a message via Yahoo to chobibo

Hey emjlr3, try doing the omnislash advent children style, that would be epic!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)

Perfect, finished my exams today, I will definately try to make something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Imported models are only allowed if they are used for very minor things. (Must be approved by your's truly)
Can we use iNfraNe's/Vexorians dummy model, or similar?

Last edited by Alexander244 : 06-19-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Alexander244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
de[hydra]te
User

de[hydra]te has little to show at this moment (0)

lol, this contest so reminds me of the "impale and ram combo" spell i found like 3-4 yrs ago lol. ( cant really remember when, but that spells is really cool, go check that out :P) dont have the map at the mo now :S
Old 06-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I'm (tentatively) in; let's see if my GUI is up to the task :P.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Muahah, I got a perfect Idea for this :D

Projects
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
Andriejj
User

Andriejj is on a distinguished road (16)

Quote:
go play Final Fantasy 7 and use some limit breaks

I'd rather reccomend FF8, limit breaks there were more impressive. Renzuoken with Lionheart > Omnislash ;)
Andriejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
ShadowWolf
Mr. Awesome!

Submissions (1)

ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)ShadowWolf will become famous soon enough (39)

Approved Map: SheepGuard TD

So since this is cinematic, I'm assuming the actual ability stats don't matter and it's all about looks? ^^

And epicness, of course.

Last edited by ShadowWolf : 06-19-2008 at 05:35 PM.
ShadowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Interesting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Upon completion of the spell session, the winner's spell will be automatically moved to the database and the rest of the spells will.
Forgot to finish your sentence there? What will the rest do?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #14
chobibo
100% Genuine Retard!

chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)chobibo has a spectacular aura about (101)

Send a message via Yahoo to chobibo

Omnislash[Advent Children]>Omnislash[Kingdom Hearts]>Renzuoken with Lionheart
Old 06-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #15
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Ehhh... Finisher type spells? I would only have a week to do it and I wouldn't be able to submit since I'm going on vacation.

Besides, I don't really play enough games to know good finishers... Except maybe some Baten Kaitos: Origins uber EX combos, but... yeah.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote