wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #46
Neversleeping
User

Neversleeping has little to show at this moment (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
I have no beef with bridges, they're wide enough to cross, depending on the spawnie paths.

Playing it with your friends isnt enough, by three years of play you've been biased by your own ideas. I'm not blaiming you; it happens. Test it with some new peeps.

This is true. Battledawn has become a product of 4-5 peoples ideas of how the map should be, and the work we've put into converging it with our own expectations (i must mention my group is experienced gamers and have much insight when it comes to balance and depth of strategies). This means that Battledawn has mostly been done for our own taste and pleasure, and thus it will probably not match completely with every ones taste. Either way, I'd like to introduce it to battlednet. My aim is now simply to share a good experience with equal minded people.

Having said that, I'm of course here to try it with new people and listen to what they think, and is totally prepared to listen to suggestions and alter it if many agrees. I hope though, that people won't immediately complain about custom features it lacks next to ToB, and rather figure out the explosive gameplay/strategy in a near War3-world it serves.

ps; I guess it's about time to cut all the talk and let the map speak for itself, but it's a few last issues I'd want to fix before I go online. I've just bought a new apartment and have lots of work with that, so I can only hope to be preparing Battledawn before the end of July.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 07-03-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Neversleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #47
Neversleeping
User

I've been testing the map about 50-60 times together with my co-creators, and we feel it's converging to it's final shape now. Atleast we all think that the depth of strategy, amounts of varied action, balance, and the logical real-world aspect of the terrain absolutely makes it worth checking out.

We have usually only been 2-6 players, although the map supports up to 8. That's why I now want to request some seasoned playtesters for some final action before I upload the map.

Please let me know if this is of interest to you.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #48
Neversleeping
User

http://epicwar.com/maps/87681/

You can find the beta here. Try with a bunch of your friends. Guaranteed to have an epic good time :)
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #49
Neversleeping
User

A small comment/observation.

I've tried a lot of different AoS' maps today, also from very acclaimed authors.
I wonder why they all look the same. The towns are always 100% flat, some buldings small, some huge, towers just scattered around on the flat. It doesn't look real.
One unique feature with this map I'll hope you'll get to see is how the terrain works with the towns layouts. How towers and buildings are placed on logical places and gives a realistic feeling. This isn't just cosmetic; this is also how siege weaponry comes to it's natural use when the defenders makes use of bottlenecks etc.
An AoS can have as many custom spells or heroes it may, but as long as it's the same flat-city/corridor layout with the same unit spawns it will still be a static, dare-say dull map to me. In fact, even though you do control only one hero from the start, it temps me to change the genre definition, just to make a point that this map (without saying better or worse) differs far from the settled style of AoS maps.

Last edited by Neversleeping : 03-11-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #50
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

To the thread:
Also add the screenshot attachments to the first post so we don't have to look through whole pages.

To the AOS: Looks nice, but I really don't like the terrain. I mean its good and all, but it's... A bit.. Well unfinished..

What more counts as the placement of the structures is the gameplay itself, maybe you should try to make a funnier and nicer gameplay instead thinking about the right positions of your structures.
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #51
Neversleeping
User

Ah yes, but it MAKES funny game-play. It makes logical places to defend, and then also increases the need to use different units, like siege weapons and flying units.
My friend this is all about "fun". I'm having fun when I utilize strategy instead of routine, and when I like what I see (realistic terrain/towns, different cpu units). And also when I get suprised over what the enemy comes up with (beyond the order of his spells): These are my ideas of FUN.

None of these aspects are much there in other AoS's I've tried.

Also, if the terrain seems unfinished (weird, on bnet people have been really excited about the "Blizzardy" terrain), I don't know what more to add.
http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?a...4&d=1213454849
This screen for instance. What exactly would make that more "complete"?

Last edited by Neversleeping : 03-11-2009 at 01:12 PM.