wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Sound / Music
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-04-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
Mystic-Ssj5Goku
User

Mystic-Ssj5Goku has little to show at this moment (4)

Hm? Wait a second Didnt I try that? Im tired and confused... Well then I'll combine both into a bastardized child. I shall pester with constant polite asking. Or something Arg Brain. Tired. Boiling.. Why? But. Huh? Teeth. What's boiling? AH Sharp pain like a pickaxe behind my eye! Must... Sleeeeeeeep.

WHAT?!WaitWhat'dyousaybusywithcaffine!Sugar!coffee!coffeeeeeee!Anyonegotanartist?Who'sanartist?!Toos lowI'llfindonemyself!
|||||||||| 1% - Storyline
|||||||||| 5% - Heros
|||||||||| 1% - Units
|||||||||| 0% - Extras
|||||||||| 0% - Polish

Note to myself: If you have time to read this, You certainly have time to make this signature fancier.
Mystic-Ssj5Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #17
karukef
User

karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic-Ssj5Goku
I Asked why a Modded Locust Swarm wouldnt work a while back and I had to Ritually Sacrifice a Kitten to get a response. And I requested some Icons a few days ago and only freakazoid responded. Noone even asked for specifications, Or said they might be interested, Or anything else remotely aidful. Generally Speaking people act as If my posts do not exist.

I strongly dislike your unjustified belief that because someone are able to do something you want them to do, then they should do it just because you wish.

I once posted a thread requesting the absolutely most simple piece of modeling work ever. No-one answered. But you know what? I didn't take that as a sign that I am being treated very unfair by the world. No one happened to want to spend an hour to help someone they didn't know (me) and I could sort of deal with that. I suggest you deal with the fact that people don't just come and help you for no reason.
karukef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #18
Mystic-Ssj5Goku
User

Mystic-Ssj5Goku has little to show at this moment (4)

I At least expect someone to take 30 seconds to consider it or respond.

Unjustified?

Quote:
Welcome to a community where all are welcome. From amateurs to experts of Warcraft 3 modding, everyone is free to interact with our friendly users and staff. Any questions concerning the Warcraft World Editor or Warcraft itself be sure to ask, we will help you in anyway we can. Do not forget to stop by our useful resources, maps and modding tools which are all at your disposal. Register an account today and join one of the greatest modding communities out there!

Im going to laugh now.

Also I didnt say the world. Just this place. But that can be explained by my relative obscurity of my skills now. No need to go off half cocked with less then half the info.
|||||||||| 1% - Storyline
|||||||||| 5% - Heros
|||||||||| 1% - Units
|||||||||| 0% - Extras
|||||||||| 0% - Polish

Note to myself: If you have time to read this, You certainly have time to make this signature fancier.
Mystic-Ssj5Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 PM   #19
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

To get people to do something for you, you must do something for them, its very simple. Only questions that are very easy to answer will be answered.

If your post is really big no people will care to read your post unless you are known (a.k.a. you did work for the community)

Thats just the way internet (and real life too) works.
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:33 AM   #20
The Demonhunter
User

The Demonhunter has little to show at this moment (6)

If you want someone to make music for you be more specific i mean your request isn't as bad as some of the skin requests I've seen but you should at least tell the people how many pieces you want. I mean I could do like everyone before me and just shout at you that it is up to you to find music yourself. However I feel you need at least a little help.

Firstly as Challis has said in his request tutorial, you should be almost done with the map before you request something, for people are more likely to help on a map they may actually see. Secondly, and this one is a cautionary note for you, be more specific as to what you want. Thirdly if you want a sound file and cant figure out how to extract it if your comp has a microphone in/on/attached to it play the song and record it that way. Lastly only you really know what you want and the more people we have creating music here the more active this section of the site will become so download a free synthesizer program like Anvil Studio or go out there and find your own software to use.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #21
Ba1100n_Drag0n
User

Ba1100n_Drag0n is on a distinguished road (10)

If you want to find music, I found a site here:
www.bluelaguna.net
Keep in mind you can also use WarCraft music as a sound file and increase/decrease the pitch; it sounds nice.

Sorry if my answer isn't helpful.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #22
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba1100n_Drag0n
If you want to find music, I found a site here:
www.bluelaguna.net
Keep in mind you can also use WarCraft music as a sound file and increase/decrease the pitch; it sounds nice.

Sorry if my answer isn't helpful.

Whoa! Thanks, I found something I serached for, a lot, of time ...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #23
Ghost.X
User

Ghost.X has little to show at this moment (5)

Send a message via MSN to Ghost.X

I'm into making music myself and once in a while i'll try making a song I can use in a Major Huge single player RPG I plan on starting in the future. I can try making some battle music for you, but I won't be able to post it for a while since my internet access is limited.

Oh, maybe a little more information to what you want. What type of music you want? Rock? Techno? Cinematic (orchestrial). I recently made a piece that mixed cinematic and rock, works very well for battle music. And length, I need to know length.

My Catch Phrases: ALIBIBIDAK! FISH'N'CHIPS! IT'SDAHBOOTIE! BOO! HIO CHANG!

Last edited by Ghost.X : 02-07-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Ghost.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #24
hobo
User

hobo is on a distinguished road (12)

Idea Composer

I actually am a composer of the classical and Rock n' Roll variety and I can safely say that 1 minute of music can sometimes take you hours. Especially in fast-paced battle music. Think about the phrase "120 beats per minute", now ask yourself if you want all those beats to be the same, now multiply that by the number of instruments you want, now realize that every one of those notes has to harmonize with every note occurring at the same time and flow from the note before it to the note after in some way across every instrument... Btw 120 BPM isn't fast its just uptempo. Now sometimes it goes real easy and the music writes itself, other times its like making passionate love to a brick wall ( it seems like it could be so much more....and kinda scratches)

So here's my little inside tip: You have to inspire someone to write the music for you, go into the details of the map, give it a story. There has to be passion and reason for music to work. Give them ideas, tell them what you're after, give the mood, if you do it right they won't have a choice, all of us here are slaves to inspiration. Why else would we have bothered to learn Jass and music and skinning if not for our need create things?

Of course your easiest path is simply to liberate some oppressed soundtrack music. Check out the soundtrack to any high budget movie. No I'm not talking High School Musical here I'm talking The Last Samurai and Lord Of the Rings, also The Day after Tomorrow score has a freaking ridiculous first track (truly awesome). They already wrote what you want better than I could, you just have to find it.

Also keep length of music in mind. I would hate to write a 10 minute loop and 3 15 second crescendos with a 1 minute outro only to find out that you don't want your map to have 15-20 megabytes of music, of course hearing it compressed down to 5 Megs would make me cry harder... (it would be kinda like peeing on the Mona Lisa, but not quite as epic)

So Good luck I hope that helped, since this is my first post though I don't feel I should be held responsible for any injuries sustained during its viewing.

Last edited by hobo : 04-12-2007 at 04:33 AM.
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 AM   #25
doctorlee
User

doctorlee has little to show at this moment (0)

I tried using music for my map too but I don't think it's such a good idea. It just makes your map go really slow when others are loading and downloading the map.
doctorlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 AM   #26
Ba1100n_Drag0n
User

Ba1100n_Drag0n is on a distinguished road (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo
of course hearing it compressed down to 5 Megs would make me cry harder... (it would be kinda like peeing on the Mona Lisa, but not quite as epic)

((Very odd, and very scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorlee
I tried using music for my map too but I don't think it's such a good idea. It just makes your map go really slow when others are loading and downloading the map.

((It's fine if you use music in a map.

Here are some compressing tricks:

-The first way is to simply decrease the file size. Hurray!
-The second way is to do this: first, get the music you want. Then get some sort of sound editor you can edit it with (WC3 one won't work). Change the pitch to something like 1.50, and then record it from there. The file size should decrease. Then, import it into WC3's sound editor, and use the music as a sound. Put the sound file's pitch at 0.50, and it should sound normal.
-Another way is (especially if you're using battle musics) is to clip the introduction part of the music, to the point where you can easily loop it. Then find an ending point in the song, and make it instantly stop there rather than fade. This makes it so you have a perfect loop, and take out some more seconds of the battle song, therefore, decreasing file size.
-Combine any of the variations above.

My advice.))
Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #27
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba1100n_Drag0n
-The second way is to do this: first, get the music you want. Then get some sort of sound editor you can edit it with (WC3 one won't work). Change the pitch to something like 1.50, and then record it from there. The file size should decrease. Then, import it into WC3's sound editor, and use the music as a sound. Put the sound file's pitch at 0.50, and it should sound normal.

Flawed.

If you speed it up by 50%, and reduce it by 50%, you'll end up with 75% playing speed.

You might want to slow it down by 33%/play at 66% instead.

100% x 1.5 = 150%
150% x 0.6 = 100%*

(*Too lazy to integrate decimals describing the .3, .6 and .9 multiples)

Either way, good idea, numbers can be changed anyway
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #28
Riin
User

Riin has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Riin

Isn't this breaking against the map-submission rules? Or are you allowed to use downloaded music in your maps?