wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk
Default Space Sky Model

I was curious if there was a public resource somewhere for that space sky model I see used on all of those wonderful space shooter things. No, I'm not talking about the alphaed tile, I took care of that myself, I'm talking about the sky model.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #2
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

What map uses that model? The only thing i know about is the black tile with white dots as stars.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

very sure there's none that's public (greedy people!), i even tried using google and searched through 100 pages of websites be4 i gave up on it, but im very sure it's done by just extracting an original sky model, add a plane on the bottom, picture on it, and importing back in with the path
P.S. - im 100% sure i remember someone on this site that has the model, try asking him

Last edited by Raydude : 08-14-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Raydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydude
P.S. - im 100% sure i remember someone on this site that has the model, try asking him
Yeah, me too! That's why I'm asking, since I have no clue who that person is. If all else fails I can just use a bunch of stars doodads, but I think a legit sky model would look better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Killer
What map uses that model?
One in the graveyard somewhere... I'd have to dig for it to find it.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

You could always extract it from that map somehow? Or directly ask the creator of the map.
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

I have mastered skyboxes now, though with my own meagre resources I managed something relatively interesting even back in the dim and distant past.

hax

Given some half-decent textures to work with, a brand new and good space skybox would be a piece of cake.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

That actually looks really cool rao. +1 in cool for you.
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

See, the application is not for anything like that, though. There's only one in-game screen's worth of space for me to work with, and I do not want a planet in the background. I want to create a more worm-hole effect without any ground whatsoever.

Anyways, I know what I want and how to get it, it would just be easier with a sky model. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingspeedhorn
Or directly ask the creator of the map.
He is inactive.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Was only using that as an example, sky's the limit with skyboxes (as it were). Though last time I tried globalsequences didn't seem to work.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

What exactly is a skybox anyways?
Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
Raydude
User

it's just a normal sky u see in the terrain editor of WE, just extracted and given a bottom (normal WE sky box HAS NO BOTTOM!!) for the use of flying cities and space backgrounds
u could still tell the terrain in that pic was just raised then placed rocks at the side to look like something floating

Last edited by Raydude : 08-15-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Hrm, see, skyboxes are the things I need the most then. Since the entire area I'm working with is below the horizon, ie. alphaed tiles. Hrm...
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Why not just get a planar model with a texture and give it a low Z and put it under every hole or something?

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
Raydude
User

huh.....that actually works.....but wont it take more space than just editing the skybox, and u'd have to match the skybox's sides with the bottom exactly in order for it to look nice
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

A sky model, I'm not sure if this is the one you are looking for.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=63073