wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2007, 04:06 AM   #46
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c
 
darkwulfv's Avatar


Official Map Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,646

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv
Default

Griffen, you idiot, you forgot sarcasm tags again.
__________________
The Spell Request Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Black-5
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #47
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Updated with a bug fix.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:33 PM   #49
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Okay, Delta Test 13 out. I WILL finish this. Only 'bug' is that you can cast create link on units that don't set off the ability, and hence waste the ability.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM   #50
DevilAsh
Official Map Reviewer
 
DevilAsh's Avatar


Official Map Reviewer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 28

DevilAsh is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to DevilAsh
Default

The basic premise of the Game is that you, the player, fight to take over land and keep ‘barbarians’ at bay. Although this concept is, somewhat, seen in most mainstream maps; Warlords twists this to actually involve tactics and brings new meaning to the term ‘risk’.

The game involves taking over ‘control points’ and spawning units in order to defend yourself, you’re never given vision of other players and they’re never given vision of you; so you don’t really know what they’re up to. At one moment you could be fighting against a given person only for your ally to counter attack and destroy your base.

Unlike most strategy maps, this one doesn’t rely on the, what I would call, ‘MASS DIS UNIT FOR TEH WINZOR’ approach; each unit has a counter part and your well planned strike can be debunked almost immediately. Which takes me onto my next point; action. Although most strategy maps contain 90% waiting and only 10% of fighting, this one seems to contain an equal mix. You’re never not doing anything, and moments are rare in which you’re either not being attacked or, on the other hand, launching your own attack.

The terrain, of all things in an action/strategy map, is beautiful. Things aren’t oddly placed; there are no free running (I.E ‘I-Can-Run-Through-This-Area-And-Bug-Up-The-Game-Syndrome) bugs, nor are any doodads oddly placed. The only thing, if any, that is slightly off is the fact that people can shoot through rocks; although that isn’t a massive problem.

However, I never give perfect scores and wouldn’t be much of a critic if I did. Maps always have a flaws and, sadly, this one is no exception to the rule. However few there maybe. Although, with that said, the only real problem I could find is that some spawns are stronger than others -- a gibbon, in all honesty -- and all this means is that some Warlords start off with stronger spawns. It really has no detrimental long-game effects, as no doubt they’ll get attacked by two people in no time.

All in all, I really, really enjoyed playing this map. Warlords provides, regardless of your favourite map style, good fun. It’s the map in which others follow. It’s the map which others want to be. This map is, undoubtedly, great.
DevilAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #51
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Updated to Delta Test 14.

> Updated script for replay detection to not require syncing.
> The Imperials are forced to retreat if the fort is down, the Warlords defeated, and both Barbarian bases intact.
> Added SimError for incorrect Create Link casts.
> Fixed bug where Imperials would get vision of losing Warlords after everyone had won.
> Fixed some grammar errors in messages.
> Updated some outdated hint messages.

No balance changes, and don't really expect any major balance changes.

However, I am considering adding an auto-train system for barbs and possibly imperials, where their barracks will automatically pump out some units as and when it can, with a neat customisable interface. Would cut down on unnecessary micro.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 AM   #52
Prototyp_002
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7

Prototyp_002 has little to show at this moment (0)

Default

Sounds interesting.

How to get this map? I found nothing to download in this thread...
Prototyp_002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #53
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Whoops, fix'd. Must have just failed to upload last time I updated, and missed it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:14 AM   #54
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey
 
Shadow_killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 432

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Default

So long time since i tried this map. Just tried it on bnet and played as barbarian and dident like it at all. I tried the map for like 15-20 minutes after that i left cause i could never win and i dident want to spend an hour playing a map. This is just my 5 cents.

Cons

- Share units at start, REALLY BAD. If anyone wants to use it they will klick it. My team mate was retarded and dident want to uncheck this so i got frustrated when i tryed to select my units and got his units to
- No siege units (If i remember right the barbs used to have it in the early version)
- Really boring as a barb. I just spammed that cheap 6 gold unit and when i had lots of gold and no food i spawned that ogre, nothing else to do
- Killing greys first base dident really seem to do anything to his gold income
- Really hard to kill any wardlord, directly i attacked a gold point and got it down and moved to the next another player came with a huge army and took it over and killed my units. And when the only thing grey did was to charge his old base with his hero and his units i could nearly only defend. It was like play this map for 40 mins and you will be able to do anything. But until that you have to defend from grey

Pros

- It is really funny to play as a warlord since you got so much more to do and can charge player at start thanks to your towers
__________________
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #55
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
I tried the map for like 15-20 minutes after that i left cause i could never win and i dident want to spend an hour playing a map.

Quote:
Really boring as a barb. I just spammed that cheap 6 gold unit and when i had lots of gold and no food i spawned that ogre, nothing else to do

This tells me you have the tactical and strategic capability of a rock, and hence I shall ignore your comments on balance.

Quote:
Share units at start, REALLY BAD. If anyone wants to use it they will klick it. My team mate was retarded and dident want to uncheck this so i got frustrated when i tryed to select my units and got his units to

If your teammate won't deactivie shared units when you ask him to, you have way more serious problems than that.

Quote:
- No siege units (If i remember right the barbs used to have it in the early version)

Ogres.

Quote:
- Killing greys first base dident really seem to do anything to his gold income

It doesn't, but it's a great strategical boon.

Quote:
- Really hard to kill any wardlord, directly i attacked a gold point and got it down and moved to the next another player came with a huge army and took it over and killed my units. And when the only thing grey did was to charge his old base with his hero and his units i could nearly only defend. It was like play this map for 40 mins and you will be able to do anything. But until that you have to defend from grey

I'm sorry, you were having to defend from gray on his own...? That's simply you failing to use strategy, tbh, because even I can't attack a half decent barb team with just the Imperials.



I think you should probably be playing maps which are less strategically and tactically demanding, where unit spamming will get you somewhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #56
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey
 
Shadow_killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 432

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
This tells me you have the tactical and strategic capability of a rock, and hence I shall ignore your comments on balance.

I used my tactic in the beginning, but it dident really work that well. It worked so far that i could take down greys first outpost and attack blue or the curch outpost. But if i tried going further my units were eliminated by 4 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
If your teammate won't deactivie shared units when you ask him to, you have way more serious problems than that.

And you cant have this of on default because? Its quite hard when you end up with someone from french with only says 1 one word in english and then dont care about anything in the rest of the game. And when having blue, teal and grey attacking your army and killing it in no time its really easy. Tell me what you would do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Ogres.

I meant catapults. If i remember right dident barbs used to start with 1 catapult? Or some other siege unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
It doesn't, but it's a great strategical boon.

I felt it was easier defending a 2 way place then a 1 way place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
I'm sorry, you were having to defend from gray on his own...? That's simply you failing to use strategy, tbh, because even I can't attack a half decent barb team with just the Imperials.

I werent in my base i were at greys outpost. And when i killed greys units with the help from my mates units i tried to attack someone but ended up getting killed. And when i tried to attack grey took over the outpost again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
I think you should probably be playing maps which are less strategically and tactically demanding, where unit spamming will get you somewhere.

Unit spamming got me somewhere. If my mate werent 6 years old and could have done something i would have won. Tell me some uber strategy moves griffen.
__________________
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #57
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
I used my tactic in the beginning, but it dident really work that well. It worked so far that i could take down greys first outpost and attack blue or the curch outpost. But if i tried going further my units were eliminated by 4 players.

See below.

Quote:
And you cant have this of on default because? Its quite hard when you end up with someone from french with only says 1 one word in english and then dont care about anything in the rest of the game. And when having blue, teal and grey attacking your army and killing it in no time its really easy. Tell me what you would do?

Hope to god he leaves? If half your team in a team game based on strategy is retarded, you're pretty much screwed, don't you think? If you weren't, then the balance of the game would be off, rather than the other way around.

Quote:
I meant catapults. If i remember right dident barbs used to start with 1 catapult? Or some other siege unit?

Not that I can remember, and certainly not in a long time.

Quote:
I felt it was easier defending a 2 way place then a 1 way place

You need to strike out to make headway, and that is helped by having the fort. Once you start making headway, then the warlords become weaker and weaker, with a snowball bringing the game to an end in quick time.

Quote:
I werent in my base i were at greys outpost. And when i killed greys units with the help from my mates units i tried to attack someone but ended up getting killed. And when i tried to attack grey took over the outpost again.

Don't let them retake the fort. If they do, mass and attack it asap, before they can get towers up, if you can.

Quote:
Unit spamming got me somewhere. If my mate werent 6 years old and could have done something i would have won. Tell me some uber strategy moves griffen.

I tend to play barbs solo for that reason, for that reason. Uber strategies? Depends on the situation. Dimensionalists can be excellent for attacking warlords. If one warlord is bolstering the defences in the fort for example, then attacking his base with a medium sized force will probably be worth it to draw him off to attack the fort; if he doesn't come, then you just knock out his control points and leave him weak.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #58
Shadow_killer
Granny speaks truth, obey
 
Shadow_killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 432

Submissions (4)

Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)Shadow_killer will become famous soon enough (48)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Hope to god he leaves? If half your team in a team game based on strategy is retarded, you're pretty much screwed, don't you think? If you weren't, then the balance of the game would be off, rather than the other way around.

If i play a map where i am supposed to be evil and everyone is against me i should stand a chance with my team mate being retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Not that I can remember, and certainly not in a long time.

Hmm, then i must have remembered wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
You need to strike out to make headway, and that is helped by having the fort. Once you start making headway, then the warlords become weaker and weaker, with a snowball bringing the game to an end in quick time.

The problem is if i take over the fort and charge blue. Grey have his hero and some units back. Teal and Red use this chance to attack me and take over blue. Now i lost all my units and made 1 player stronger and grey have hes fort back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
Don't let them retake the fort. If they do, mass and attack it asap, before they can get towers up, if you can.

The problem is when i got an huge army i dont get any gold. So i dont really have any gold left to mass an army. So all i can do is to wait to get some gold and watching grey and the warlords get stronger while i am getting weaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Griffen
I tend to play barbs solo for that reason, for that reason. Uber strategies? Depends on the situation. Dimensionalists can be excellent for attacking warlords. If one warlord is bolstering the defences in the fort for example, then attacking his base with a medium sized force will probably be worth it to draw him off to attack the fort; if he doesn't come, then you just knock out his control points and leave him weak.

If a warlord is at the fort how the hell should i attack a warlords base then? And if i try to knock out a control point another player just attacks me. I dont really have any supreme gold income. I have the same income as a freaking warlord.

Noticed that the warlords and imperials could build ballistas and trebutches, Why cant the barbarians build some uber siege units?
Also how can the ballista not shoot over a rock but true a tree? And the loading screen text has an error "Imperials : Defeat the barbarians, However you can" You can what?
How long range does the ballista have? It seemed it could hit teals units from red base without a problem

Im guessing you are using share units at start because you are lazy and dont want to trigger the taker over for units and gold when the barb leaves right?
__________________
Shadow_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #59
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies
 
Captain Griffen's Avatar


Content Director
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,375

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_killer
If i play a map where i am supposed to be evil and everyone is against me i should stand a chance with my team mate being retarded.

Whoever said the barbarians were evil?

And games where you're in a team, you depend on your teammate. That's the way it is.

Quote:
The problem is if i take over the fort and charge blue. Grey have his hero and some units back. Teal and Red use this chance to attack me and take over blue. Now i lost all my units and made 1 player stronger and grey have hes fort back.

Don't let the fort fall back. The barbs have enough strength to take on all the warlords and the imperials.

Quote:
The problem is when i got an huge army i dont get any gold. So i dont really have any gold left to mass an army. So all i can do is to wait to get some gold and watching grey and the warlords get stronger while i am getting weaker.

Or you can attack when you have a huge army? Income is there to encourage attacking rather than endless massing.

Quote:
If a warlord is at the fort how the hell should i attack a warlords base then?

Dimensionalist.

Quote:
And if i try to knock out a control point another player just attacks me. I dont really have any supreme gold income. I have the same income as a freaking warlord.

Warlord units of the same cost get absolutely slaughtered by barberian units.

Quote:
Noticed that the warlords and imperials could build ballistas and trebutches, Why cant the barbarians build some uber siege units?

Because they don't need to. Get ogres up close and they shred towers.

Quote:
Also how can the ballista not shoot over a rock but true a tree?

Because it can.

Quote:
And the loading screen text has an error "Imperials : Defeat the barbarians, However you can" You can what?

It's a subordinate clause to the first part.

Quote:
How long range does the ballista have? It seemed it could hit teals units from red base without a problem

Its strength deteriorates with range.

Quote:
Im guessing you are using share units at start because you are lazy and dont want to trigger the taker over for units and gold when the barb leaves right?

You'd be guessing wrong. It gets re-enabled when the barb leaves. The n-th time of a barbarian ally going AFK at the start of the game might tell you why it's there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth-Fury
Griffen is correct, you are not.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #60
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c
 
darkwulfv's Avatar


Official Map Reviewer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,646

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv
Default

I think this guy's experience and idea of the game was completely f'd because he was pretty much soloing the whole game since his team was completely stupid.

He should stop arguing and should play again with a team that doesn't end up retarded so it's not 1v(however many imperials there are) and he doesn't get the wrong idea.

I'm surprised he expects the game to be balanced in a 1vX game like that. How does he expect to take over all these bases and stuff as a single player and then complain because the enemy takes over what he kills, when he's just one player? He shouldn't be arguing, he should be trying again.
__________________
The Spell Request Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-Black-5
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Affiliates
The Hubb The JASS Vault Clan WEnW Campaign Creations Clan CBS GamesModding Flixreel Videos

Powered by vBulletin (Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd).
Hosted by www.OICcam.com
IT Support and Services provided by Executive IT Services