wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Terrain > Terraining Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

Default [Brainstorm] Terraining Contest

So, the terrain forum is...a bit slow compared to some of the other forums. Yea, the WTs bring some activity to the forum, but I think a good idea might be a to get a Terraining Contest up and running, seeing as the Hero, Map, latest Spell session, and Spell Olympics brought (or are bringing) activity to those areas and some nice entries.

Any ideas? If so, post in this thread, it's why I made it. I've added some generic ones to the list.

List of Ideas:
  • Atmosphere
  • Magical
  • Forest
  • Desert
  • Ruins
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

An actual contest, so you win something by entering, would be a good idea. I think the theme should be more strict and have an actual task to do though, instead of just generic things like "Magical".
Old 08-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Sabertooth_X
YOU GET ROCKED?

Submissions (14)

Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)Sabertooth_X will become famous soon enough (54)

Yea, having rewards gives people more of an incentive. And yea, like I said I just put out generic themes, specific ones would definitely work.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I has an idea... maybe a plains, landscape, valley or something where you have the past on X side, the future on Y side and the present in between. A gradual timeshift over a single landscape.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #5
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

How about the Mushroom Kingdom off of Mario? Or (If it's possible) a Space Station, in orbit of a planet, overlooking the vast ocean of space - the hardest part would be the planet though :P
Some other ideas include: A galactic armada (although getting the models for this would be a huge pain in the butt), a sunset from underneath the sea, the bottom of the sea with strange monsters and creatures that live underneath the sands or even Pandaria.

-EDIT-

Some rewards could be cool sigs and avatars, or rep or something

Last edited by RenegadeMushroom : 09-14-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide-Arc Ephemera
I has an idea... maybe a plains, landscape, valley or something where you have the past on X side, the future on Y side and the present in between. A gradual timeshift over a single landscape.
I can agree with this, too!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

Old thread is old?

Hm, nice idea though, just wait for the next WT, ok?
Closed Thread