wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Misc. Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-11-2004, 06:23 PM   #31
Draco
Need a Stockmarket App?

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)Draco will become famous soon enough (68)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBagOfHorses
I don't see how that strange lot got confused about this tut. It really is great. In the headline on the first post it even says "importing copy models". Anyway, this has worked for a grunt skin I did (second skin I ever made). But with the first I am having troubles (a footman skin). I am completely sure it's something simple, and I believe it has to do with importing, and not this. However I am not sure what the problem is... So I am going to post EVERYTHING I did, right here. I will probably post it somewhere on an importing thread too, just to cover all angles.
Here's what I did:

First off, I use WC3 Viewer (love it), I use WC3 File Converter (linked to on the first page of this thread), I use Photoshop 7.0 (with the Targa Plug-in (but that has nothing to do with this)).
I used the WC3 Viewer to pull up a footman, extracted and converted the textures he uses (textures\gutz.blp textures\footman.blp), than extracted the footman.mdx so I would beable to make my copy model. I used Photoshop to make my skin, saved it, and converted it back to .blp (with the WC3 Viewer, along with textures\gutz). I than used the file converter to make the footman.mdx to a .mdl (yes it was in the same folder as the file converter). I used notepad to edit the "textures\footman.blp" to "textures\chaosfootman.blp" (my skin). I then saved it on notepad, converted it back to .mdx (gave 2 error messages, but you said to ignore them, so I did), then changed the name of it to chaosfootman.mdx. I went into the WC3 Viewer, just to see my skin, and when I loaded the .mdx the whole skin was red (not textured at all). I figured it was because my texture wasn't loaded in the viewer yet (where you can 'remap textures'). I didn't want to fool with that right away, so I just went to the world editor (I use WEU). I made a new map (skin test map), imported my chaosfootman.mdx chaosfootman.blp and the gutz.blp. Set the path for the chaosfootman.blp to textures\chaosfootman.blp and the gutz to textures\gutz.blp. To my understanding, this should have worked beautfifully. However It claims to not beable to open load the .mdx.

If anyone can find something that I did wrong, or didn't do. Than please fill me in. As I said, I am new to skinning and I learning fast (thanks to this website and the great members, esp. you Draco, beautiful tuts). However, we all need help sometimes, this is one of mine.

Thanks for your time.

-MadBagOfHorses

textures\ or Textures\ ?
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:57 PM   #32
Elven-King-R
User

Elven-King-R has little to show at this moment (0)

I've tried this over and over again but i've finally got a question,. In replaceing the shandris skin, am i supposed to replace Textures\Hero_RAnger or the units\nightelf\shandris\shandris skin? I'm confused out of my head here
o_O
Elven-King-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:59 PM   #33
Elven-King-R
User

Elven-King-R has little to show at this moment (0)

Textures\Hero_Ranger with a capital 'T' if thats what u mean
Elven-King-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:26 AM   #34
Undead_Lives
Shades of Black

Undead_Lives will become famous soon enough (58)Undead_Lives will become famous soon enough (58)

this was very helpful thank you Draco!!!

Thanks to SkriK for making the image.
Give rep to people who help you.
Currently taking writing requests.
Undead_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:20 AM   #35
sn0[w]HorN
User

sn0[w]HorN has little to show at this moment (0)

i love you!!
sn0[w]HorN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #36
dcsniper
User

dcsniper has little to show at this moment (0)

I read this tutorial a long time ago (I think when tft first came out) and I didn't know it had been rewritten, so I tried to wing it and then I found this tutorial.
I've gotten this to work several times in the past but I must be rusty because everything is going wrong this time.

I thought I'd start making my map again after it fucked up for no reason and then fixed itself for no reason. It's fucked up again. This time I tried to import a duplicate blademaster model to attach a skin to. You can download the skin in the freebies section of campaign creations, it is near the top. There is nothing wrong with the skin as far as I can tell but it still appears fucked up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tywarcraft.jpg

Not only that, but after I imported it, it somehow replaces the other blademaster skin, so all of my blademasters look like this for no reason at all. I looked at the war3mpq and the original blademaster skin is still there. I deleted all of the files that I imported and the fucked up one is STILL THERE! I reinstalled warcraft 3 and the fucked up one IS STILL THERE!

This makes no sense at all. I hate warcraft. Please help.
dcsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #37
Chryosmere
User

Chryosmere has little to show at this moment (0)

Ack... I did everything the tutorial said for the marine unit and when i imported it, restarted WE .. it was justa green box and said could not load the unit path ...
Chryosmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 AM   #38
Raven13

I can see my chars skin in WE but when i load in TFT it's just a Shadow. Help Plz! Well i got that fixed not shure y it messed up but im ok now great tutorial. Thx tons!

Last edited by Raven13 : 10-09-2004 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:49 AM   #39
The_Freak
User

The_Freak has little to show at this moment (0)

Draco thank you for teaching the children
The_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:00 AM   #40
Black_Terror
User

Black_Terror has little to show at this moment (0)

That sheep really likes to type :o
Black_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 06:02 AM   #41
Black_Terror
User

Do u know how to do SAVE N LOAD CODES i really want to know.If you can tell me thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:05 AM   #42
Black_Terror
User

No :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: Ughhh :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us:
Old 10-25-2004, 06:09 AM   #43
Black_Terror
User

Pikachu can kill you.............HAHA!!!!

The Rebal march :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us: :god_help_us:
Old 11-16-2004, 09:46 PM   #44
Blizard_Dragon

Thx man, that truly helped. YOU OWN!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 01:42 AM   #45
BuRnInSpartan
User

BuRnInSpartan is on a distinguished road (21)

DRACO YOU'RE A GOD! I <3 YOU (well no but you know what i mean) THIS IS AWSOME! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Terrain: 0000000000
Units: 0000000000
Spells: 0000000000
Triggers: 0000000000
BuRnInSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote