wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #61
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)

Send a message via MSN to 3dmaxhy

the inaccuracy occure in ur scene is the problem of ikroot, this script identify ikroot by its name or the chatacteristc of no parent object. in ur scene, bone39, the ik root, has a parent, so the result is inaccuracy. I already revise this bug, and it now worked well with ur scene.
Attached Files
File Type: rar no crash LindormrDragon_IKFK2.rar (639.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #62
jigrael
Worker Ant

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceBattle Droids Model Competition Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dmaxhy
the inaccuracy occure in ur scene is the problem of ikroot, this script identify ikroot by its name or the chatacteristc of no parent object. in ur scene, bone39, the ik root, has a parent, so the result is inaccuracy. I already revise this bug, and it now worked well with ur scene.

mmm I dont know what you did but its really better, maybe you are right, but I dont know what my fault was. Because as you say bone39 has a parent, its "Framework", but before baking I deleted it, so bone39 should have been the real root then.
How did you baked it??? DId you use "Framework" as the root?
BTW: The script auto identifies the root?, because when I click on "Original IK root" and select bone39, it still says Original IK root, is that okay?
Edit: look, this doesnt seem acurate isnt it? But still its much better than the one I baked, anyway the animation is "stand 3", if I remember correctly(if not, its one of the stand animations):

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (115.6 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by jigrael : 11-01-2007 at 05:19 AM.
jigrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #63
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)3dmaxhy has a spectacular aura about (106)

If you scrutinize that problematic scene, you will find the FKbone39 has lost all its psoition controller keys. I make some test there and make sure the script did not identify Ikroot when recording animation.

But then I have already edited some code, so you should download the revise version in my thread. At present, you should only correctly select IKroot by "original IK root" button and not concern about whether or not there is a parent of this select one. Once you correctly select root bone, it should work well.

Last edited by 3dmaxhy : 11-01-2007 at 05:13 AM.
3dmaxhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 AM   #64
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)jigrael is a splendid one to behold (695)

mmm, Ill do as you say, but that image was from the baked model you posted ("no crash LindormrDragon_IKFK2.rar"), I was only showing you the inacuracy...But Ill dl again just in case.

Quote:

However, such situation is rare, because i think ordinary models in warcraft3 have no need for such complicate bone system.

lol, a model I made for Heart of Storms, the Archpriestess, uses 2 systems, One for the chair(wich have legs) and one for the lady on the chair(wich is BIPED+maxbones legs), you cant imagine how many things I had to try(and how many times) to bake it correctly with vertion 1.5
You can see it here if you like:

http://forum.samods.org/index.php?topic=8946.0

Last edited by jigrael : 11-01-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #65
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Now,it is correct. In order to have more flexibility of accuracy, I reenabled step time parameter, it functions associated with dynamic steptime function.
Even if you set step time=10, it also can detect the very fast movement and automatically adjust the step time to a appropriate value.

The only problem is the efficiency of process. When process ur scene with the revised script, it cost me half an hour, and almost use 1.5GB ram in Windows XP.

I will post the new version later.
Attached Files
File Type: rar no crash LindormrDragon_IKFK revised.rar (792.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #66
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Quote:
Now,it is correct. In order to have more flexibility of accuracy, I reenabled step time parameter, it functions associated with dynamic steptime function.
Even if you set step time=10, it also can detect the very fast movement and automatically adjust the step time to a appropriate value.

The only problem is the efficiency of process. When process ur scene with the revised script, it cost me half an hour, and almost use 1.5GB ram in Windows XP.

I will post the new version later.

Man...ITS AMAZING its exactly the same as the IK vertion, more acurate even that the one I fixed from an IKtools 1.5 bake.
As far as it concerns me, I dont care about processing time, also the filesize was bigger, allmost double the size of the one baked with vertion 1.5, but thats not important for mod projects, ofcourse its an impediment for online maps. About processing time, for me its not important, its very boring to fix every fast animation to match the original...
Only thing I would like to see is the feature to read from the notetrack and auto add propper keys at the begining and end of each animation, that would make it perfect.
Btw I didnt understand clearly what you said about the step parameter, you mean you can have acuracy even if you set it to 10? the same as if you set it to 1? I guess a lower value will produce a not so acurate vertion right?

EDit: I thought that maybe its not necesary to bake all the bones, I mean, in the scene I send you only the wings, the legs and the head(just in walk animation) use IK, the rest of the body uses FK, maybe you can detect wich bone is animated using Ik and wich is using KF? I dont know about max functions so I dont know if its posible, but I know that replacing baked parts with original parts that were made using FK lowers the filesize of the final model. For example, in my tweaked vertion of this dragon(baked with IKtools 1.5) I detached the tail before baking(its pure FK), then I reatached it to the baked bones, that saved some Kbs(and some acuracy) but now that you have the maximun acuracy, you just shown it, the concern should be filesize. Im saying this just as a sugestion, I will be equally happy if you release the script as it is right now :) adicionally I can detach Fk animated parts before baking myself, so its not really a priority.

Last edited by jigrael : 11-01-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #67
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

If some bones Use FK, you can unlink them first. If certain mix FK and IK with whole animation, it is has no idea to identify whether or not it is a FK or IK system only by linkage. It is very conplicate to detect the IK or FK, because you can use IK or FK whenever you want. may be frame1 is IK, frame 2 is FK, to develop such a mechanism is hard, if i have time i would consider this suggestion later.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #68
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Quote:
If some bones Use FK, you can unlink them first. If certain mix FK and IK with whole animation, it is has no idea to identify whether or not it is a FK or IK system only by linkage. It is very conplicate to detect the IK or FK, because you can use IK or FK whenever you want. may be frame1 is IK, frame 2 is FK, to develop such a mechanism is hard, if i have time i would consider this suggestion later.
As I said its not really necesary(priority), but I didnt know it was so complicated. Only thing I would really like to see is tha ability to read from the notetrack and add start and ending keys, as I said that would make it perfect.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #69
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

The ability to read from the notetrack and add start and ending keys is available when u check the "Load From Track" checkbox in this version
Old 11-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #70
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Really? because the last baked model you posted didnt had starting and ending keys, thats why I supossed that that feature had someway been removed.
So do you mean its uploaded already?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #71
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

ok,i saw that problem. Because i adjust some parameter of reduce key. The start end key may be deleted in reduce key processing. I already fix this bug and optimize money usage. You can download it in the first page, thx for ur sustaining test.

If you got any issues or bugs, post in this thread.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #72
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Perfect, it baked it perfect,it didnt lose acuracy, I just put preview and it was there. Thank you 3dmaxhy.
Just one question, the step parameter is now on again, why is that? I just baked a perfect copy of the dragon bones, with step parameter at 3, what happens if I move it to lets say 1?
I have just read the description you put in page 1, so if I put 1 at step, it suposedly will bake more acurately?(but will take much more time right?) and will this add more keys? plz confirm this.

EDit: Since its very acurate, I reaplaced all the bones that didnt use ik with the original FK bones, sadly this didnt reduce much of the filesize. So if using this tool, get ready for a big mdx XD(wich I dont mind ofcourse hehehe)

Last edited by jigrael : 11-02-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:09 AM   #73
3dmaxhy
User

Respected User

Submissions (2)

step time is at least 3, no less that value and there is no need for a less value. To set this parameter is only to guarantee the accuracy of slow movement of animation. So i think this value is as not very important as it functions in version 1.5a. A step time = 5 is an expedient setting. If you have time to test, you can set it for a large value to disable this funcition which is not necessarily need for every scene. As far as I know, the prior inancurracy problems is largely due to reduce key code, however, I am not utterly sure abscent this parameter this script could work well as with it. So I reenable this parameter.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 AM   #74
jigrael
Worker Ant

Submissions (36)

Quote:
step time is at least 3, no less that value and there is no need for a less value. To set this parameter is only to guarantee the accuracy of slow movement of animation. So i think this value is as not very important as it functions in version 1.5a. A step time = 5 is an expedient setting. If you have time to test, you can set it for a large value to disable this funcition which is not necessarily need for every scene. As far as I know, the prior inancurracy problems is largely due to reduce key code, however, I am not utterly sure abscent this parameter this script could work well as with it. So I reenable this parameter.
I see, ok Ill make tests but not right now, maybe tomorrow, have lots of work for next week at college. thankz again fo such useful tool.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #75
D.V.D
User

Submissions (2)

D.V.D has little to show at this moment (8)

Those this work for Gmax?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to help make a rpg? Here' a link to one I started:http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98663

Last edited by D.V.D : 07-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
D.V.D is offline   Reply With Quote