wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
DanThanh
User

Submissions (1)

DanThanh has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to DanThanh
Default How to make my Hero's portrait better?

Ok, we have two portrait (Actually two models with camera)

1/ A Bad portrait with black background:

2/ A Good portrait:

So my question is simple, is there anyway to make my Hero's portrait better?
I tried to export HeroShadowHunter's teamglow geo, then import it. Everything works, i also have a good portrait but a red curtain appears right after his head:

Last edited by DanThanh : 06-02-2010 at 06:28 AM.
DanThanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

You need to make a copy of the Stand animation and rename it to Portrait, then use geoset anims(?) to make sure the portrait background only appears in Portrait...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

For one, you must have a Portrait animation and preferably a "Portrait Talk" one as well. Then you must place a team-glow plane behind your unit's head, and carefully plan it so that the glow seems to appear just behind the unit's head, so it's a trial-and-error thing(I suggest using Magos' Model Editor and Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier for that, but of course all modeling programs work). Then you use geoset animations to hide the team-glow plane in all animations except for Portrait and Portrait Talk. After that you can use Magos' Model Editor to position your portrait camera how you'd like it. First rotate and move the camera around to get a nice view, remove the current camera and right click in the camera manager and chose "Create New from Current View". Call it whatever you want and voila! You got a good-looking portrait.

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 07-30-2010 at 10:18 AM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote