wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #1
teddybear
User

teddybear has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Need ideas for "Professions"

I creating one pretty big map and using the BX-TRS II system ( http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=91163 ) and i have stucked in a little problem...

i have created "profession" system,its allows to you to choose ~one~ profession from a list of professions.

i have already created 4 profession:
Blacksmith: Using his mine ability on mines,gather from them random kinds of ores and creating for the gathered ores some kinds of "Mail" items that can be used by specific kind of units.

Alchemy:Using his Pluck ability on some kind of herbs to gather them,then he using the gathered herbs to creat potions.

Leatherworking: Must to have Skinning Knife on his potion set slot,then each time he killing a specific kind of "furry units" (wolf,bear...)
he losing 1 charge of his Skinning Knife and gather leathers that can be used to creat "Leather" items and once againe,leather items can be used by specific kind of units.

Talior:Using his Cotton Pluck ability on cotton herbs that can be found on the ground to gather them,then he have to kill creatures to gather "cloth" and make from the gathered supplies "Cloth" items (specific units...)

Thats all the abilitys i have done by myself,but my head is empty from more ideas,please i need a list of more profession (Profession name+what it does and how its works (no trigger))

Thanks to everybody that intrested to help me
teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
SkriK
User

SkriK has little to show at this moment (5)

Since you've already taken 4 from WoW, why not take the rest?
Jewelcrafting
Enchanting
Engineering
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

This is not a project presentation, it's more of an ideas brainstorming thread and as such belongs to general development. Moved.

Edit: Also, I don't think WoW invented those...

Last edited by Anitarf : 08-18-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Anitarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Castlemaster
User

Castlemaster will become famous soon enough (29)

Necromastery: uses corpses to create an array of item, like potions (vampiric potion), wands (wand of summon skeleton), or trinket items ('stored soul' that replenishes health and mana when consumed). Resource gathering would be based off of raise dead (or unit death), and give different resources based on level of dying unit. Gathering item could be a soul stone (might as well copy other WoW aspects).

Last edited by Castlemaster : 08-18-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Castlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:14 PM   #6
teddybear
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkriK
Since you've already taken 4 from WoW, why not take the rest?
Jewelcrafting
Enchanting
Engineering

Its possible but what is the way of those professions? how to raise them and what they does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaster
Necromastery: uses corpses to create an array of item, like potions (vampiric potion), wands (wand of summon skeleton), or trinket items ('stored soul' that replenishes health and mana when consumed). Resource gathering would be based off of raise dead (or unit death), and give different resources based on level of dying unit. Gathering item could be a soul stone (might as well copy other WoW aspects).

Thats can be great idea,thanks!
Does anybody have more ideas?

Last edited by teddybear : 08-18-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #7
Jualin
User

Jualin is on a distinguished road (22)

Construction: Using wood from trees, and time, the hero hammers into creation places to rest, walls to protect such rest stops, shops, and minor mercenary outposts.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

Food!

Hunting (MEAT!) Fishing (ALSO MEAT!) Gathering (...fruits'n'stuff) COOOKING (oooohooh, the Mexican Spices).
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 AM   #9
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Warrior: Basic profession, but hell, it can be extended in so many ways. Allows for questing, bounty-hunting, bonuses on killing enemies, weapon craft, better bonuses from items (example: An item gives +10 attack to any other profession, but +15 to a Warrior), and so much more. I think that a unique Warrior profession would be awesome, rather than the cliche one that is simply hack-n-slash everything.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 AM   #10
PenguinEmperor
User

Submissions (1)

PenguinEmperor is on a distinguished road (24)

Farmer: Can cultivate many useful plants and can raise livestock, both of which can be turned into items that can be sold for a high price. These items can also be cooked and made into many tasty dishes that heal the players. Farmers also tame wild animals a little bit easier, and then raise them.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 AM   #11
teddybear
User

Thats can be great ideas,thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:00 AM   #12
PenguinEmperor
User

Submissions (1)

PenguinEmperor is on a distinguished road (24)

No problem.

*Cough*rep*Cough*

All coughing aside, you may want to figure out a wya to make all professions be able to help eachother out, like the farmer can grow cotton and herbs for the Tailor and Alchemist, and the Blacksmith can craft weapons for the Warrior, while the Hunter can help herd animals for the farmer.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Is that coughing reputation, or repetition?

Yes, what PenguinEmperor says is true. Your idea will be even more fun that way. They need to connect, because professions are supposed to be compatible with one another. That's probably not saying much though.

I want to give an idea, too:

Brewing - Can use a large variety of consumable items to make delicious or just plain nasty brews. Brews range from scalding coffee, tea, wine, even juice. A brewer cannot acquire materials by themselves, but are helped plenty by other professions related to consumables.

For example, you can have something from the necromancer and the alchemist to make some "Zombie Spit" or "Screaming Banshee" they can be called. Or maybe some "Liquified Meat" or maybe just some simple simple stuff like "Green Tea" or something.

Hey, it's an idea.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:44 AM   #14
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

I have an idea for another connection. The warrior defends the farmer's crops and livestock!

I think an RPG with connecting professions would rock.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
teddybear
User

what an amazing ideas,thankkss!!

but i have one problem with your connections,because im using the BX-TRS II system i have to mind that the proffesion's supplies must to be Integers and not real items,so it's will be a problem to make supplies for outher player,or i just have to add "Integer Trade" system,any ideas how to do that,or what to change?