wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
Deathlust
User

Deathlust has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via AIM to Deathlust
Default Phasing Capabilities

I was curious if there is an easy way to give a unit the capability to walk through doodads (Such as a tree) without allowing other units to walk through it. So the unit that can walk through them is given the obvious advantage of being able to move through-out trees and etc. Is there a way to do this without making the unit flying or allowing all units to go through the trees?
Deathlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 AM   #2
Raydude
User

Raydude will become famous soon enough (29)

A dummy spell that when u use it, it replaces it with a flying version of the unit with the height of 0 and targeted as ground. When replacing, make player click on the replaced version of the unit.
Raydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Just give it the "locust" ability (Rawcode: Aloc) if you want it to always be able to walk through trees/destrucables.

If you want it to be able to/not able to under different conditions, use these two commands:
Trigger:
Unit - Turn collision for Footman 0000 <gen> On
Unit - Turn collision for Footman 0000 <gen> Off
While it has no collision, the unit can walk through things, but will itself be treated as an obstacle.

Raydude, your solution (while effective) is horribly inefficient.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 02-12-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 AM   #4
Raydude
User

Yeah i know, I think complicated crap instead of just right to the point XD like using repeating triggers instead of loop XD
Old 02-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #5
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Oh well. You tried, and I Rep'd you anyway!
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
Raydude
User

Na i didnt desserve it, but the collosion 0 wont work if he wants to go over terrains and im pretty sure that he dont want the unit to go through other units too

Last edited by Raydude : 02-13-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #7
Feroc1ty
User

Feroc1ty is on a distinguished road (14)

It allows you to go thru the following:
Unwalkable terrain
Units
Doodads

Exept the walking system of wc3 make the unit go around every obstacle, altough the unit itself is able to move thru the objects, so pretty much you will have to spam ur right click to move thru the fun stuff.
Feroc1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Umm, Raydude can be done by using the metamorphthesis abiltiy (Using Raydude's settings) That way if will be more effeint

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #9
Raydude
User

Cool