wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
Baron Crinkle
User

Baron Crinkle has little to show at this moment (1)

Question Grab bag of questions--from effects to summons and more!

I've got tons of little small questions and issues, so I figured rather than make a dozen threads, I'd just do one big grab bag. You folks have been a huge help, and it is really great to be able to poke around in here for shared expertise!

So, in no particular order, here's stuff I'd love to know:

-Retaining items on summons with item slot; I've got a hero whose ultimate is to create a vehicle they can ride around in, and I'd also like them to be able to put items on the vehicle itself. However, when they resummon it, or it dies, the items it had held drop, instead of going with it. I have based the ability off of rexxar's misha summon. I am curious how to do this; I noticed that the lone druid in DOTA manages this with their bear.

-Items intended for specific kinds of units--mechanical 'parts'; under the same notion as above, I would like a shop for items designed for a series of vehicle-style units with inventories, which would not be usable by non-mechanical units. Is there any way to flag this naturally, or do I prettymuch have to police it via triggers?

-Positional sounds; I have a number of sounds I let loose via triggers for certain hero abilities--battle cries and the like. However, it is rather annoying for them to be heard globally, and I understand setting them up as a 3D sound can fix this. Unfortunately, when I do that, it seems that the sounds don't play at all--what should I set for the distances, or other settings, to make these more reasonable?

-'Explode' buff; I would like an ability to cause units afflicted with it to explode if they die while possessing the buff, similar to incinerate. Is there a way to do this without incinerate itself?

-'Empowered fists' -- a pugilist sort of hero is intended to have a series of autocast abilities to enhance their punching, but I can't quite seem to get the appropriate visual effect so far as attaching different glows to their hands, etc. Any suggestions for the best way to go about this?

-Stacking of effects; is there a general guide to which effects stack and which don't among evasion, critical strike, bash, etc? Is there a way to override if these do or do not in an easy fashion?

-Channel Aura -- Vexorian style--w/ audio and other effects; I would like to have a hero with a somewhat musical theme to be able to channel, a la big bad voodoo, an aura that provides numerous buffs to allies. Part of this, though, is that I would also like it to play 3D positional 'music' for their channeling duration (but cut it off if they stop). On an aside, where's the fairly silly 'rocking arthas' model? I'd like to position it overhead during this ability too.

-Spawn sticking; I cannot for the life of me seem to keep waves of units from occaisionally leaving some behind at the spawn. Here is how I have the damn thing setup to try and ensure they attack, but it -still- doesn't seem 100%:

Trigger:
Wave Engine
Collapse Events
Time - WaveTimer expires
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Collapse If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Collapse If - Conditions
WaveNumber Greater than 15
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[(Random integer number between 1 and 10)] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Western Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Collapse Else - Actions
Collapse If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Collapse If - Conditions
WaveUnit1[WaveNumber] Not equal to No unit-type
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit1[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Western Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Wave + ( + (String(WaveNumber)))) + (: + (WaveName[WaveNumber] + WaveUnit1Info[WaveNumber])))
Collapse Else - Actions
Do nothing
Collapse If - Conditions
WaveUnit2[WaveNumber] Not equal to No unit-type
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit2[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit2[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit2[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) + 3) WaveUnit2[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Western Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Collapse Else - Actions
Do nothing
Collapse If - Conditions
WaveUnit3[WaveNumber] Not equal to No unit-type
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) / 2) WaveUnit3[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) / 2) WaveUnit3[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) / 2) WaveUnit3[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create ((Number of players in (All allies of Player 12 (Brown))) / 2) WaveUnit3[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Western Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Collapse Else - Actions
Do nothing
Collapse If - Conditions
WaveUnit4[WaveNumber] Not equal to No unit-type
Collapse Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 WaveUnit4[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create 1 WaveUnit4[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create 1 WaveUnit4[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit - Create 1 WaveUnit4[WaveNumber] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Western Assault <gen>) facing (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Collapse Else - Actions
Do nothing
Collapse If - Conditions
(WaveNumber Equal to 10) or ((WaveNumber Equal to 20) or ((WaveNumber Equal to 30) or (WaveNumber Equal to 40)))
Collapse Then - Actions
Sound - Play WarlockAppears <gen>
Collapse Else - Actions
Sound - Play GameFound <gen>
Do nothing
Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Western Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Wait 3.00 seconds
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Northern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Southern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Eastern Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Unit Group - Order (Units within 2000.00 of (Center of Western Assault <gen>) matching (Player 1 (Red) Equal to (Owner of (Matching unit)))) to Attack-Move To (Center of Defensive Position <gen>)
Wait 4.00 seconds
Wait 5.00 seconds
Wait 5.00 seconds
Trigger - Turn on Timer Repeat <gen>

-Last stand; I would like to set up a passive ability for a hero that triggers when allied heroes die to give them temporary invulnerability. I've got a pretty solid idea of how to do this, and I know it's pretty simple, but I figure I'll put everything in this post anyways just to cover all my bases for helpful advice.

-Genuine permanent invisibility; is there any way to -keep- a unit invisible even while they're attacking? I'd like to make a menace of these things if they don't have detection prepared.

-Fixing visual peculiarities with the blood mage; I have setup a blood mage hero who uses different tomes instead of the normal orbitting spheres. Trouble is, even though all I did was directly swap the model from the original spheres, for some reason it also attaches the books in the middle of his chest. How might I ensure it is just above their head? Similarly, is there any way to keep the bloodmage's sphere models from being affected by orb effects?

Thanks again for taking the time to look through this stuff!
Baron Crinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
Feroc1ty
User

Feroc1ty is on a distinguished road (14)

Every summon is a different summon, you will have to create make a trigger giving the items to newly created summon.

Triggers is your answer.

For you to hear that sound your camera has to be on or around the sound point on the map. Also set the volume to 100%

I am not completely sure, bit i think there is explode on death trigger action.

I do now know the answer to stacking of abilities.

Never had read/installed/seen vex abilities system :P, but have heard of it.

Create a couple of friendly towers that do 0 damage, and every time unit gets attacked by the tower it will be ordered to move to the region.

Make a dummy unit cast the invulnerability on allied heroes.

No, units could attack the hero, but you can make him have a triggered ability with 0 seconds fade time so enemies could only respond to his attack emidiatly or never.

I do not know.
Feroc1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
Baron Crinkle
User

How do these look for facilitating the summoned unit items?

Trigger:
Catalogue The Gore Bus
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 1) (Gorvus)
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 2) (Gorvus)
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 3) (Gorvus)
Collapse Actions
Set GoreBusItems[1] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[1] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Set GoreBusItems[2] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[2] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Set GoreBusItems[3] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[3] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Set GoreBusItems[4] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[4] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Set GoreBusItems[5] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[5] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Set GoreBusItems[6] = (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6)
If ((Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6) Equal to No item) then do (Set GoreBusItems[6] = No item) else do (Do nothing)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6)

Trigger:
Outfit The Gore Bus
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 1) (Gorvus)
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 2) (Gorvus)
(Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to The Gore Bus (Level 3) (Gorvus)
Collapse Actions
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[1] to (Summoned unit)
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[2] to (Summoned unit)
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[3] to (Summoned unit)
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[4] to (Summoned unit)
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[5] to (Summoned unit)
Hero - Give GoreBusItems[6] to (Summoned unit)
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Quote:
-Genuine permanent invisibility; is there any way to -keep- a unit invisible even while they're attacking? I'd like to make a menace of these things if they don't have detection prepared.

Uhh, Try Ghost (visible) or Ghost.

Quote:
-'Explode' buff; I would like an ability to cause units afflicted with it to explode if they die while possessing the buff, similar to incinerate. Is there a way to do this without incinerate itself?

There is an action for this.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

Last edited by darkwulfv : 01-07-2007 at 12:42 AM.
darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
Feroc1ty
User

Yup that would work baron, suggest you look into 'for loop a' tutorials, makes work much easier/faster.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:34 AM   #6
Baron Crinkle
User

I'm trying to figure out why this ult isn't working. What it is supposed to do is drop an infernal rock and then shoot impale in numerous directions through the use of dummy casters.

Trigger:
hammerfall target
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Collapse Conditions
(Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Happy Sorceress
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(dreadlordinferno))
Collapse Actions
Set HammerTarget = (Target point of issued order)

Trigger:
hammerfall impale upgrade
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Learns a skill
Collapse Conditions
(Level of Hammerfall (Diego) for (Learning Hero)) Greater than or equal to 2
(Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Hammerfall (Diego)
Collapse Actions
Player - Set the current research level of Bombard Rock Damage Increase to ((Current research level of Bombard Rock Damage Increase for (Owner of (Learning Hero))) + 1) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))

Trigger:
hammerfall
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Collapse Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Hammerfall (Diego)
Collapse Actions
Wait 0.20 game-time seconds
Unit - Create 1 Happy Sorceress for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at HammerTarget facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
Unit - Create 1 Happy Sorceress for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at HammerTarget facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 315.00 degrees)

The rock hits, but no impale occurs. The sorcerer units have the appropriate abilities.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 AM   #7
Feroc1ty
User

No idea why, didnt look thru trigger whole way, but most of it is repetitive, once again i sugest you learn action 'for loop a do actions'.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #8
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
If you wanted to use an SFX that isn't the generic "explode on death" model (such as a big explostion) you'd have to do it through triggers like these:
Group Set:
Collapse Events
Time - Every 0.5 seconds of Game-Time
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Custom Script: call GroupClear( udg_Explode_Group )
Set Explode_Group equal to ((Units in (Playable Map Area)) matching (Matching unit has buff Explode equal to true))
Death Register:
Collapse Events
Unit - A unit dies
Collapse Conditions
Dying Unit is in Explode_Group
Collapse Actions
Set Explode_SFX_Point equal to (Position of (Dying unit))
Special Effect - Create a Special Effect at Explode_SFX_Point using <Your path>
Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why this ult isn't working. What it is supposed to do is drop an infernal rock and then shoot impale in numerous directions through the use of dummy casters.
Might it not work because impale can't target a point? I'm pretty sure that it can only target units.

If that's the case, you'll need to create a dummy unit at the point of casting that impale can be cast upon. Then you'll have to move it with each dummy cast, or create a new one.

Also, the way that's set up leaks to hell and back because you're referencing "point offset by x distance towards x˚" which leaks unless you set that equal to a point, then tell your dummy unit to impale there, and then remove the point.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 01-07-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Impale is a shockwave spell, it can target a unit or a point.

The 'True' Perminant Invisibility with no revealing of the attacking units is easy, make a custom Perm Invis ability and look at the stats, there should be one called "Duration" or "Cooldown" with a number other than 0 in it. This is the 'fade time' or how long it takes a unit with this spell to become invisible again after breaking invisibility. Set it to 0 and it won't break invisibility when attacking or casting a spell.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #10
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Mmm... so you can tell I've not played enough Melee matches...

I have another idea as to what your problem might be: In the 1st trigger for your ultimate you have the line "(Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Happy Sorceress". Aren't "Happy Sorceresses" your dummy units? If I'm correct, then this should read "(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Diego".

That might clear up the problem.

EDIT: If what Phoenix-IV said about invisibiliy doesn't work, you can always change a specific unit's transparency to be 100%. Also just make sure it has no shadow.
Trigger:
Animation - Set <Your Unit's> vertex coloring to 100, 100, 100 with 100% transparency
Or something like the above function (I don't know if that's word-for-word what it is).
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 01-07-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 AM   #11
Baron Crinkle
User

I am having a problem keeping certain abilities--devour and transmute in particular--from targetting units which are essentially supposed to function as bosses, without making them heroes. I try tagging them as ancients and making acceptable targets non-ancients, yet it still lets it go through anyways. Ideas?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Check? Like check when the unit STARTS CASTING the ability, check the target. If it checks as a boss, tell the unit to stop. If you have WEU, you can make it display an error message.
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #13
Baron Crinkle
User

My above-posted item triggers for the summon with item slots doesn't seem to want to give the items to it when it is brought back :( Any ideas what I did wrong?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #14
Heaven
User

Heaven has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Crinkle

Trigger:
hammerfall
Collapse Events
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Actions

Doesn't the wait negate all the current or last variables?

Take care.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #15
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Crinkle
Trigger:
hammerfall
Collapse Events
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Actions
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget offset by 400.00 towards 315.00 degrees)
Heaven is perfectly right. You're using "(Owner of (Casting unit)" which returns no value in your trigger. The reason for this is that after ANY sort of a wait command (no matter how short), the only unit functions that return values are "Triggering Unit" and Variables. To fix your trigger, change HammerTarget to an array with size 2 and do something like this:
Trigger:
New Hammerfall
Collapse Events
Collapse Conditions
Collapse Actions
Custom Script: local unit Hammerfall_Unit
Set Hammerfall_Unit equal to (Triggering Unit)
Collapse For each (Integer A) from 1 to 24 do (Actions)
Collapse Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Happy Corceress for (Owner of (Hammerfall_Unit) at HammerTarget[1] facing Default building degrees
Set HammerTarget[2] equal to (HammerTarget[1] offset by 400.00 towards (15*(Integer A)) degrees
Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale (HammerTarget[2])
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiriation timer to (Last Created Unit)
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_HammerTarget[2] )
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_HammerTarget[1] )
Custom Script: set Hammerfall_Target = null
Should fix it...

Trigger:
Player - Set the current research level of Bombard Rock Damage Increase to ((Current research level of Bombard Rock Damage Increase for (Owner of (Learning Hero))) + 1) for (Owner of (Learning Hero))
What does the Bombard upgrade have to do with this spell?

Quote:
Quote: