wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

Syntic_Arrow has little to show at this moment (6)

Default Horrors of Honor Revisited

Hello, everyone

A couple of weeks ago I added a request for people helping me make the survival-based map called: Horrors of Honor (HoH).
I'm sorry for not telling you any news about the project, so now I will!

HoH is a survival map, but unlike other survival maps, it is less based on the RPG aspect and more of a short party map. The map is made like this on perpause since I found it rather borring slaying dead zombies all the time in a misty city gathering ammunition constantly till some big, overpowered, über boss comes and crushes you to smuck. (No offence against the creators of those maps ).

As I said, HoH is a survival based map and it is different then other survival maps, why? Well, that's simple! First of all, the map is not based on any zombie movie (á la Resident Evil style) but on the Warcraft lore. You play a farmer and his family while you try to survive in your mission to get to Brill and horn the city bell. Once done, you discover it is already too late and the only thing you can do is to survive the zombies for X minutes till the Rescue squad from the nearest post of Hillsbrad arrives.

The map contains both, with care worked on, Cinematic Intro + Outro.

History of the project
Horrors of Honor was created by Syntic_Arrow (aka Nazghul_Master) and Rashtan. After a few weeks the professional map maker Xlightscreen joined the team and currently he is still working on the map, having little time for it atm cause he is working for his main project: Redemption, as you propably already know.

To show you how far we are till now, I made a little list with how much we propably still got to do.

Models - 100%
Cinematics - 75%
Terrain - 50%
Triggers - 75%

Overall: 75%

We are also planning to implement new features in the game, so it's not all based on zombie killing, you will also have internal fights with rebellious humans, such as the Purifiers, a racist army of humans, a preversion of the Scarlet Crusade, who controll the left flank of Brill before it was destroyed. (This is customized from the original Warcraft lore, we made Brill have 2 flanks, the original flank like in World of Warcraft and a left flank which has been destroyed after the purging of the scourge and the internal fights of the humans.)

Here I will add some pictures from the project we got till now, still not any refreshments since the last time I added them in my old post in the Project Recruitment Forum.

Note - Unthough Xlightscreen removed the HoH project banner from his signature, he is still a member, so don't be scared the project has fallen apart if you liked the idea from the start!

Please comment on this post about your ideas of the project, when Xlightscreen is done with his own project we will be working on this map with more speed. The releasedate will be somewhere in January of 2007, but I cannot do any promisses.

Yours sincerely,

The Horrors of Honor® team: We only go for perfection

EDIT: Friday the 22th of Decembre - We also got ourselves a new and fresh member of the team, his nickname is Dartón but not sure if he already made himself an account on wc3campaigns, you will here for further updates later ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plaatje1.JPG (132.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje2.JPG (104.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje3.JPG (126.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje4.JPG (103.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje5.JPG (113.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje6.JPG (110.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg plaatje7.JPG (85.8 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Syntic_Arrow : 12-23-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Sounds and seems like a nice map. Looking forward to playing this, +rep, keep up the good work :)
Old 12-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

Thank you ragingspeedhorn, I appreciate your enthousiasm :D Ill keep this topic up as much as possible with new details as soon as Xlightscreen sends me the updated map ;)
Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Cool, good to hear. When do you expect a public release of this?
Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
Xlightscreen
User

Submissions (2)

Xlightscreen is on a distinguished road (19)

Send a message via MSN to Xlightscreen

Well I still got to do the terrain which i might not get to really tell december 30th when i plan on realesing my projects demo. So probaly somewhere next month.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:05 PM   #6
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

As Xlightscreen says :D somewhere next month, propably end of january, but we can't give any excact release notes so you will have to do it with this :D, I'll keep this forum up as much as possible so post on and I will add more pictures in future ;)
Old 05-13-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
Syntic_Arrow
User

Submissions (4)

First of all my appologises for double posting and not keeping this threat as much active as I wished before. But could someone close this thread? Horrors of Honor is sadly to say: dead, as we had no more creativity to put in it

Yours sincerely,

Syntic_Arrow
Closed Thread