wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 AM   #31
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutschepharma
hi again!

is it possible for AMAI to do tower rushes during night?

Yes. I get where your going because then the view distance will be smaller and easier to tower rush humans without them noticing. Its a good idea. I could do it at night for humans, and anytime for computers as computers are like that :P
Old 01-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #32
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

Hi All!

Warcraft III Patch 1.21 is out, and is available for downloading.

NOTEWORTHY:

- Player can now view frames per second using the "/fps" chat command.

New Maps:

* (2)SecretValley
* (6)BomberCommand

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
thenonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #33
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenonhacker
Hi All!

Warcraft III Patch 1.21 is out, and is available for downloading.

NOTEWORTHY:

- Player can now view frames per second using the "/fps" chat command.

New Maps:

* (2)SecretValley
* (6)BomberCommand

And the fps is gonna be useful to check how effiecient amai is at running in the background. I still waiting for what could be a last major patch update :( i dont want it to just end as it is.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #34
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke

:( that would be sad yes it would :XXxx

o0o but i odnt know anything about making AMAI or anything lol... and people have probably already asked this... but if ever would it be possible to make AMAI harrasement. with like the BM or the DH?? like that solo crap ??? i play HU mostly and thats pretty fun to defend against but not easy on dial up :-\ :P~~ lol eitherway great stuff :D
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #35
deutschepharma
User

deutschepharma has little to show at this moment (0)

hi!

having spent several days browsing through AMAI code (mainly orc and undead, but also common.ai), trying to understand it and improve if possible, i got so frustrated by my own inability to change things properly...

anyway, i tried to make hero skill system better, and failed, so i'll have to explain my idea to you...

i presume that hero skills listed in NeutralHeroSkills.txt and HeroSkills.txt are being chosen randomly, between three possible variatons. my idea was to make more hero builds, depending whether hero is first, second or third.

for example, having crypt lord as a first hero would favor choosing carrion beetles build, while having it as third would favor impale build. also, dark ranger as a first profits from black arrow, while second and third profits more from silence, and so on (i've tested crypt lord/beetles as a first hero, AMAI handles it pretty decently). is it posslible to add rp_ value to a skill build and separate 1st, 2nd and 3rd builds? this would retain some randomness, which is good, and maybe make amai stronger in a hero department?

i'll also volunteer to revise current heroes rp values (for undead and orc, at least), as well as to test new system, if you decide to implement it. i thought to do it myself instead bothering you, and publish the results, but what i presumed to be a half an hour job turned into a several days frustration for me :(

i'm also experimenting with increasing efficiency of build orders, but with greater success than in hero skill system. AMAI usually gets too nervous and is building too many farms during first two minutes (even uncontrollable through profile changes, i lowered profile 'build farm at' statemet, and still there is 10+ food surplus during first 2-3 minutes, is it hard-coded?) which slows him down. i'm trying to solve this with addblock, with limited success... do you think AMAI would benefit from more controlled BOs?

currently, i'm also experimenting with profiles and strategies, will let you know if something good comes out of it...

Last edited by deutschepharma : 02-24-2007 at 07:07 PM.
deutschepharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #36
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Actually u got how the first bit with heroes works wrong. It already does that. Each line represents the different tiers. So first line of abilities is a tier 1 hero, second line of abilities is for if hero is tier 2 etc. But i assume ur idea also includes having more than 3 skill orders so it can randomly choose between each and maybe even have conditions to further increase chance of choosing that skill order which is a very interesting idea.

I'm interested if you find anything with the hero rp values and build orders.
Although the hero rp values are actually much more effective as i used the statistics from battle.net themselves to work out there values. I share ur frustration. AMAI is so massive if your not careful some unexpected bug will occur even after everything appears to be working.

Interesting its not working with the profile change for farms meaning i might have to investigate and see if there is a bug present. I so need to touch up the core build code that controls everything as its such an unreadable mess.

But glad your experimenting. Let me know anything interesting you find out.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 02-24-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #37
deutschepharma
User

so i understood it wrongly? that's explaining a lot, since great deal of my frustration was caused by inability to find radnom number generator for skills1, 2 and 3 arrays. now i understand it better!

in attachment i've send changed version of heroskills.txt for orcs, along with comments what's being done. i've based them only on my experience with orc race, and with amai playing orcs, so they might be faulty.

my logic was that summoning heroes show most efficiency when used as first, and very little as third (for orc, at least). third hero is more useful when having some special ability, as AOE spell, direct damage spell or anticasting ability.

for racial heroes, i feel blademaster is less useful as 1st, because AMAI doesn't hero harassing (yet :), even his skill tree is concentrated mainly on survival by using mirror images...

tomorrow i'll send edited skill builds for orcs, with added rp_ values dependng on hero order.

in the meantime, i'll do some testing with default style heroes and my changes, and post results when finished...

as for farm building, my testing was done with 'build farms at 3', with undead as a race, still there were always at least 10 food surplus at first 3 minutes. since undead farms are expensive, it is kinda drawback...

i keep experimenting...
Attached Files
File Type: txt orc Heroes.txt (2.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 AM   #38
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
for racial heroes, i feel blademaster is less useful as 1st, because AMAI doesn't hero harassing (yet :), even his skill tree is concentrated mainly on survival by using mirror images...

If you want to use Wind Walk you pretty much have to ask Strategy Master to make a separate micro for Blademaster, as the default A.I doesn't use WW very skillfully.

I pretty much resorted to Removing Guard Position of the BM every fight and controlling it by a micro script because the A.I will not attack anyone if they're invisible (so they'll refrain from breaking Wind Walk).

You'll see what I mean by this if you change the skillset.

I can name two other hero skills that the A.I doesn't use (or stupidly use) : Warden's Blink, and Alchemist's Healing Spray

Last edited by Zycat : 02-26-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #39
deutschepharma
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycat
If you want to use Wind Walk you pretty much have to ask Strategy Master to make a separate micro for Blademaster, as the default A.I doesn't use WW very skillfully.

I pretty much resorted to Removing Guard Position of the BM every fight and controlling it by a micro script because the A.I will not attack anyone if they're invisible (so they'll refrain from breaking Wind Walk).

You'll see what I mean by this if you change the skillset.

I can name two other hero skills that the A.I doesn't use (or stupidly use) : Warden's Blink, and Alchemist's Healing Spray

thanks for the info! i'm trying to contribute actively to AMAI development, and, since i have no experience with jass, any help from more experienced people is greatly appriciated.

however, i think you missed my point: i didn't demand from Strategy Master to make BM hero harassing script (although it would be nice).

what i meant is that, in the way AMAI functions at present time, BM is second most used 1st orc hero, and fourth most used 3rd hero. since BM doesn't use his primary skill in efficient way, i'm going to lower his rp values, do testing and publish results here.

BTW, first results are strange, to say the least. with DEFAULT settings, orc won over human 1v1 on TM, but lost with very convincing 10:0 on EI. currently testing turtle rock...

Last edited by deutschepharma : 02-26-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #40
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
however, i think you missed my point: i didn't demand from Strategy Master to make BM hero harassing script (although it would be nice).

Well duh I thought you gonna change the order of skill learning...
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #41
deutschepharma
User

congratulations on a new tech-build, testing it right now...

is it possible to get full developer edition? since you seem to have fixed farm bug in buildorder, i' anxious to try my buildorders again...

can you please implement addition of '3rd hero bonus' to strategy, along with existing 1st and 2nd? bonus could be used for human and undead 3-hero builds, or for human 'mass summon' strategy?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 PM   #42
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@deutschepharma: Another tech build released and its in DE form :D

Last edited by Strategy Master : 03-07-2007 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
deutschepharma
User

hi!

i've noticed the firelord bug several times. thing is, firelord levels up, but not spending his skill points (above the first one). it happened in 2.50c and also in 2.51DE (i have replays, if they help).

btw, it happened in clean installed 2.51DE (i haven't messed with hero skills), and i also checked for something lame, like having extra blank in skill name, without results.

the bug seems to happen ONLY to firelord
Old 03-13-2007, 06:47 PM   #44
lScorpionl
User

lScorpionl has little to show at this moment (2)

Hi, Masters in AMAI... I'm new in this class of codification... I want do know more in the AI options, but I see with the AMAI (In World Editor Unlimited) realy nice options for programing and give orders for AI's... I want to learn about this, but have questions too...

1º : You can Give one Manual in Spanish for me and the PPL of South America???

2º : You can explain the Main Options and guide for instal the AMAI in one map??

3º : This AMAI can be played in a "Non Melee Map"???

4º : ¿Why? when I'll try to install, well, the instalation was sucefull, but when I save the map again, the AMAI options are cleared... ¿¿¿Why???

Thx a lot for your Answers...
lScorpionl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #45
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@deutschepharma: Fixed

Firelord should be using ANia ability but its down as ANic for the INCINERATE ability. (It dosn't throw an error either because it is a actual real ability so why i never noticed it)

@lScorpionl:
1: Nope i can't unless someone is willing to translate the whole thing
2. er. Just use the AMAI PE installer. Browse to map u want amai on and click install AMAI. I can't explain it any better than that.
3. Only by modifiying AMAI using the developer edition. AMAI is primarily created for melee games.
4. World editor will clear your map of extras when you save. This is nothing to do with us. Just import the common.ai, human.ai etc into your map from the player editions script folder using the world editor. Make sure you give them the paths 'scripts\human.ai' etc as by default they are given 'war3mapimported\human.ai'
This should make it so u dont have to keep installing amai every time you save.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 03-13-2007 at 06:58 PM.