wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 09:13 PM   #481
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldMedic
Congratulations for your new forum , i thought you had disappeared he he.

While waiting for the next AMAI release, i was playing again some good old classic starcraft (no broodwar) skirmishes.
It suprised me to notice that the starcraft AI handle island expansions, defend several keypoints, make good aerial drops, and use some interesting battle tactics very very well.
Well, it has been a long time i did not played this game, and i am amazed to see that the starcraft AI can do more things and do them better than the warcraft 3 stock AI (of course micro management is less impressive in starcraft than in warcraft3).

Honestly, i can't believe Blizzard wasn't able to implement at least the same AI features in Warcraft 3, and i say thank you the AMAI team to have found workarounds to offer some solutions to the lazyness of Blizzard.
The stock AI lacks so much that it is making AMAI even more impressive.
After touching again the Blizzard AI yesterday on warcraft 3, i wasn't able to have any gaming pleasure, AMAI is now what is giving me interest to my SP games.

Take your time for AMAI, i like such polished work (while i hope to see it soon in the same time :) )

There is one thing that starcraft AI lacks that would make it a lot better if it had.
A army control,, the AI in strarcraft only send units to attack the enemy then it don't care about them, they win or they die, you will never see a group of ai units in starcraft flee back home becuse your defence was too strong.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #482
FieldMedic
User

FieldMedic has little to show at this moment (0)

Of course, the starcraft has its problems.
But unfortunately when Blizzard improved his AI work on some point (micro management mostly) , they just not implemented some already existing in starcraft AI features.

I guess it would have made your work on AMAI more easy if some good island support or zeppelin drop was hardcoded in their game, as those 2 strong strategic possibilities are just not used by Blizzard AI, crippling his attacking abilities (any island expansions are safe) and his ressources flow (giving a huge advantage to the human player that will build on an island.

But , on another side, as in the middle of the development they changed completely the style of game warcraft 3 was (coming from a tactical semi-rpg to a rts), maybe it is one of the reason Blizzard "rushed" a bit their retail AI to not add one more development year to the already late W3.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:41 AM   #483
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

@AMAI Team: I'm excited about the new AMAI! :D

@Everyone: A bit of OT: While we are all waiting for AMAI, try my Far Sight Nonogram Puzzle on the side. Download it at http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11522638. It's beta, but it's very functional already. Send me a private message for feedback, thanks!

It's "Far Sight", because I want to have a nonogram game that tributes Warcraft III. The icons and sounds are Copyright (c) Blizzard Entertainment. Try it!

@nitram: Looking forward to your initiative of a hero-less mode for AMAI. :) Will look forward to that.

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___

Last edited by thenonhacker : 10-18-2004 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:19 AM   #484
Shadowstrike

I see amai undead player using banshee strategy quite often, but they never use banshee's posession ability to counter the enemy attack. Im starting to use strategy editor ( still learning) , how can i add that ability so those banshee will use it.
still patiently waiting for the release amai 2.4.
thanks for answering my question again!

Old 10-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #485
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

AMAI 2.4 will hopefully be released this evening if no more bugs surface (but you never know and better a delayed release than a buggy release).

Unfortunately ability usage is hard coded and they are very reluctant to use possession. It is possible to add micro for that by manually ordering them to cast it. To give you an idea what that involves: Check if there is a possible target for possession for every banshee and then order the banshee to cast it. The question is how to efficiently find out a good target for the banshee.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:06 AM   #486
Shadowstrike

Congratulation for the release of AMAI 2.4
I just downloaded but havent tried yet. I hope in this version there would be more controllable amai team player because that what blizzard also fail to do. The ai teamate seems to take the lead, that was kinda annoying to take orders from computer hehe.
I'll keep posting my comments after i play with this new version.
thanks to AMAI team for such great efforts.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:27 AM   #487
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstrike
Congratulation for the release of AMAI 2.4
I just downloaded but havent tried yet. I hope in this version there would be more controllable amai team player because that what blizzard also fail to do. The ai teamate seems to take the lead, that was kinda annoying to take orders from computer hehe.
I'll keep posting my comments after i play with this new version.
thanks to AMAI team for such great efforts.

hehe, you have always been able to command team mates via the commander but some times they ask for your help in so called "Allied Attacks". Live with it :)
Closed Thread