wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #16
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

hmm, was there any replay like "I will build towers" when you gave the order ?

I haven't tried the commander much yet in 1.5, what language did you use ? and what map ? did you see if he tried to buy a neutral hero or something if that was possible, becuse I have seen they get trubbel with that sometimes and if they fail to buy the hero they just stop doing anything :/
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #17
AIAndy
User

Respected User

AIAndy is on a distinguished road (21)

The RoC version of 1.5 Release 1 did not work at all due to a bug. It is fixed now in Release 2.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:14 AM   #18
juju
User

juju has little to show at this moment (0)

1-It was the TFT version of the AI 1.5 release 1.
2-My partner says "i will build towers" but he does nothing
3-The map was cald tropical_punch but the Ai does work with this map in the former version.
4-I will try it with the release 2 and i will say later if it does work or not

thanks for all

juju.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:58 AM   #19
juju
User

juju has little to show at this moment (0)

The release 2 of the version 1.5 is doing well and i have not seen any bugs!! All seem to be cleared! Good Job :-)

juju
Old 08-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #20
rogue
User

rogue has little to show at this moment (0)

WTF!!!

There's a big bug that really get on my nerves:

When I play with AMAI on a special (custom melee) map, and I set the game to FFA (3 CPU controlled enemies which attack themselfes), ALWAYS one of them is giving up in the first seconds "oh this start position really sux" - "GG" - booooom and there are only 3 players left. :-((((*snief*

What can I dew?

Please fix that annoying bug. I will send you the map if nessessary.

greetz

rogue
Old 08-22-2003, 11:48 AM   #21
AIAndy
User

Respected User

Hmm, strange, that might be a problem with the native that counts the amount of stuff you have. There seem to be some problems with certain sites on the normal maps too where that Blizzard function seems to ignore certain buildings.
Best send the map to me so I can test that or tell me more about it.
Is it always the player at the same position that gives up?
Do the players have standard starting gold, units and a mine?
Old 08-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #22
rogue
User

no it's not the same start position where it commit suicide.
and not, there are no special start units, only the number of gold in mines was changed. I can prevent the bug by setting "random hero at beginning" but then some CPUs dont use that start hero and let him stay in base and thats not what I want.

I'll send you the map via email.

For tests:

Play with 3 CPU enemys, make no teams, simply FFA, wait ~1 minute and one CPU will get stuck and make suicide.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #23
AIAndy
User

Respected User

I found out what the problem is. You have set the workers (peon, wisp, ...) to 0 food. AMAI expects them to cost 1 food. It checks if 0 food is used to find out if any fighting units or workers are left. In your case that is always true in the beginning and once he drops below 100 gold he thinks he is defeated.
You can disable that part of the defeat detection to make AMAI work. There might be some other things in AMAI that will not work 100% but it will at least mostly work then.
To do that search for
call CheckDefeatedForce()
in common.ai and comment that line out by putting // at the start of the line.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:02 PM   #24
rogue
User

i'll test it
Old 08-24-2003, 03:12 PM   #25
rogue
User

seems to work. thanks a lot.

greetz

rogue
Old 08-29-2003, 09:35 AM   #26
Hrothgaar
User

Hrothgaar has little to show at this moment (0)

Hi @ all!
First of all, I must tell you that I am really impressed of what you created :D but eneogh of this :ggani:

I encountered an "problem" every time I tested amai, let me try to explain it to you as good as possible. (Sorry for my bad english, but I am german hehe)

Ok, the situation I am talking about is: Two armies meet at the battlefield.

The original blizzard ai fought till the end, often wasted heroes and men by not retreating in time.

The AMAI AI changed that wasting of heroes and units by retreating and that exactly is the point:
In all games I played against AMAI, the two armies meet, they start fighting each other but if three, two or sometimes only one unit on AMAIs side dies, the whole army flees back to base, which leaves me free to slaughter the walking enemy units because they are sometimes stuck or blocked by my units.
Then AMAI grabs for example two units from their base to replace the fallen, marches again against me and short after this retreats again.

The answer would maybe be (if its nonsense which I write now I apologize myself, I know really nothing about editing AI) to lower the retreat condition for AMAI, to allow him (her,it, whatever) to take a look at how the battle develops. And then, after it lost lets say 1/2 or 1/3 of the army, then it should retreat to prepare another try. Like it is now, even after retreating when two units died, AMAI looses nearly 1/3 of its forces because they are killed while walking so it would make no real difference for AMAIs number of units left after combat but it will make an difference for AMAIs hero experience, and my overall situation, because my fallen units need to be rebuild.

Ok, this will be enough explanation for now, if you have further questions about this, feel free to ask. I can also send you an replay if you want to take a look at the "problem" via this way.

Hrothgaar

P.S.: Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:32 AM   #27
AIAndy
User

Respected User

TFT (and RoC 1.10) changed how the hard coded AI behaves. It is the same with the standard Blizzard AI.
Before that it retreated not enough, now it retreats much too often. It seems really scared most of the time. Unfortunately there is nearly no influence you can take on it. I hope that the next patch will improve that.
I could do a check how strong the enemy is in the script and completely activate /disactivate fleeing and maybe it would work. But it would definitely cost performance because it would need to be checked a lot while a fight is going on. There is also the chance that that would make it actually worse.
But I might try it if next patch does not improve it.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #28
rogue
User

Hi.

I have some wishes:

I want that all races will RESEARCH ALL possible upgrades for their race (even also the hippogryph rider upgrade that allows archers to get on them) after a special ammount of time.

The reason is simple. I changed the bad upgrades to new ones in my modification and I want that they will be used. I can understand, that normal players dont want that their AI enemy upgrade such an upgrade which they dont use, but I think, it would not get on somebody's nerves when the enemy-AI has so much money that it could build hundrets of armys and would upgrade then the rest of all possible non done upgrades. ;-)

Blizzards AI does so - it researches those "useless" upgrades very late, BUT IT DOES! Please make the AMAI do so too.

Sincerely

rogue
Old 08-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #29
Zalamander
User

Zalamander has little to show at this moment (4)

AMAI do all upgrades and use them, NE in AMAI even got a mass hippogryph rider strategy and it works fine.
Only upgrade I can think og AMAI don't use is huntress scout for now. Im thinking of making that one be used again soon.

But if you use AMAI with your mod you shuld try change whatever you need by your self as well.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:29 PM   #30
rogue
User

Hm okay that's possible, but I never saw this strategy ;-)
Closed Thread