wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 AM   #31
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
Like making the mantle have more presence.. But it already has quite a lot of presence. I don't quite understand what you mean, really.
No, I meant that silver thing in his shoulders is the one that needs more presence. The cape was good already with that last change (the one with the Human Mageīs cape).

Also, you said that it had the same size as medivhīs with the feathers, which is not true. An increase in the size is not going to be enough tough, itīs more about the texture choice. A few model tweaks wouldnīt hurt either.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 01-17-2010 at 04:30 AM.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #32
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

For the shoulders, you might think of adding a pair of crystals, one per edge, maybe like the one in the staff.

(Nice model btw =D)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 01-22-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #33
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Michael Peppers, thank you for your idea. I decided to change it a little, because the crystal from the staff didn't work out. So now I kind of need some help to decide... Which one of the screenshots below looks best? Red, Purple, Green or Blue?
Attached Images
File Type: png Blue.png (218.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Green.png (216.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png Purple.png (221.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: png Red.png (222.9 KB, 31 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #34
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Michael Peppers, thank you for your idea. I decided to change it a little, because the crystal from the staff didn't work out. So now I kind of need some help to decide... Which one of the screenshots below looks best? Red, Purple, Green or Blue?

No problem ^^

Anyway, I think blue... and bigger =D
Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #35
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

I agree with the color. I would probably add two mid-sized ones at the sides, like the ones you made there, and one slightly bigger on the back. That could work out nicely.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #36
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Alright - I think he might be ready for an update?
Attached Images
File Type: png Version_1.1.png (166.2 KB, 52 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #37
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Alright - I think he might be ready for an update?
I think so too
Old 01-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #38
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

I would put three gems on his back, middle one slightly bigger, thatīs where the model needs something more. The front has enough interesting stuff going on there, I think just one in there is enough. But yeah, itīs getting there...

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 01-25-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #39
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

I don't want to over-crowd it with those gems. I was actually considering if I should add the gem on the back anyways, and it doesn't seems that nice-looking to me either way. Are you certain it needs more gems?

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #40
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

I think it needs "something" in the back, since there is nothing more than a big plain of team color. Since you where messing around with those gems, I thought it wouldnīt be a bad idea seeing how they looked with those. Like I said, I donīt think the front needs anything else.
I would probably leave just one gem on the front, one on each shoulder (or not, depending on the ones on the back, if they make it look like there is too much), and three on his back, with the middle one being slighly bigger.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #41
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I agree with Nirv, here. I think the gems on the back would break up some of the monotony that is the team color. Three shouldn't clutter it.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #42
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Alright, I think I finally am ready to update this. Opinions?

Also, I'm not sure if I should keep the pupils, especially considering he's an elf(they don't usually have them, but in rare occasions, they do). So I've attached a comparison image.

P.S, yes, the portrait is outdated. I'll fix it once I'm certain I'm updating this.
Attached Images
File Type: png Version_1.2.png (133.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: png Pupils.png (181.8 KB, 48 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 02-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #43
Delterius
User

Delterius has little to show at this moment (0)

Personally I didn't really like his new eyes but the improvements you've made look great so far. Perhaps an eye more like the WoW High Elves?http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Highelfeyes.jpg

Did you change the animations at all? Medivh's attack always felt... "lagged".

Last edited by Delterius : 02-05-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Delterius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #44
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I think it looks better, Deol. I personally prefer the portrait with the pupils.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #45
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

Looks better. Maybe you could upload an ingame screenshot to check if the change is noticeable enough in that view. As for eyes, they are both nice, you could include them in a pack or something.