wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You removed all talk animations? What? You should split the portrait apart from the model itself. (The portrait model would then be Chronomancer_Portrait.mdx) Then the portrait should have talk animations, since those are err... Important, to say the least.

My biggest problem with the model is that nothing about him screams chronomancer at all. He appears to me to be nothing more than a generic elf caster model with a hero glow. Think of some things that scream chronomancer, like clocks and hourglasses. Stuff like that might help the model a lot.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #17
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

Heh, three mods are criticizing my model at once... I'm screwed :P

@Rising_Dusk: I was actually aiming at a generic spellcaster to increase usability. I mean, think of it. This way people could use is as whatever the hell they want - he could be a king, a fire mage, a necromancer(weird, but possible), a warlock, a priest, etc... And by "Talk Animations" me and Rao Dao Zao mean those animations Medivh uses in the cinematics when he talks to people, it's inside the actual model. Useless animations in my opinion, I didn't realize animations took so much filesize though so I didn't want to remove them at first.

@Rao Dao Zao: I'll try tomorrow, I guess. Gotta take some sleep now, school starts tomorrow(our 'winter vacation' ends today).

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

What about the Human Mage´s (Units\Creeps\HumanMage\HumanMage.blp) texture for the cape? It has some nice and simple emblems and good contrast. Check it out when you have the time. The hood could be worked out with the same texture with some creativity.
Also, I´d suggest something for the shoulders pad, like medivh´s feathers or something similar to hide the union between the cape and the shoulder thing, that way the cape won´t look like it´s glued in there.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 12-19-2009 at 10:27 PM.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
teuncreemers
User

Submissions (2)

teuncreemers has little to show at this moment (8)

Nice model!

But if he controls time.. Why doesn't he wear a revolver or lasergun then?
teuncreemers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

NiRVaNa, the mantle is in fact as big as it would be if it had Medivh's feathers. I've made it longer when I was making it. I don't see it as a real problem, too. Anyways, it now uses the Human Mage's cape. Not sure if it's any better, here's how it looks like:
Attached Images
File Type: png Updated Chronomancer.png (184.0 KB, 84 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Looks way better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
NiRVaNa, the mantle is in fact as big as it would be if it had Medivh's feathers.
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, but what it really does need is more presence - however that's achieved.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #22
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Alright, that's solved then. I want to be sure - are there no other suggestions before I update the model? I'll check this thread tomorrow and then I'll decide what to do.

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #23
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, but what it really does need is more presence - however that's achieved.
Exactly what I meant. Try to find a way to fix this and this model has my approval
Old 12-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #24
JokeMaster
User

Submissions (2)

JokeMaster is on a distinguished road (14)

Owzum job mon...
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #25
Delterius
User

Delterius has little to show at this moment (0)

The update was simply and quite nice. But what about a cast and a channel animation that makes him use the book? Much like the Paladin animations.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
mistertea
User

Submissions (6)

mistertea is on a distinguished road (13)

What the f*** is this?
Why is this not approved,it's freaking awesome!
Love the staff :)
mistertea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #27
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

So I've decided to try something new out. Tell me if it's better than the one using the Human Mage texture, please. I'm personally unsure, but I'm leaning towards the Human Mage one.
Attached Images
File Type: png Hero_Chornomancer_WIP_02.png (200.0 KB, 57 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #28
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

The Human Mage´s cape looks more mystic and thus more fitting. The cape looked good already with that cape, try to concentrate on the other stuff that where mentioned before.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #29
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Like making the mantle have more presence.. But it already has quite a lot of presence. I don't quite understand what you mean, really.

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolrin
But it already has quite a lot of presence. I don't quite understand what you mean, really.
Okay, it needs to stand out more and be a better focal point for the model. Look at the Blood Mage's pauldrons, for example. They're very elegant and ornate, drawing your attention to them. They help make the model very exciting and pleasing to look at. All you have right now is a piece of cloth, which is very boring and dry.