wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #16
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

Oh okay good.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Oh and I know about Blade.dk's blackhole, I ripped off the model from his demo map =
Just a note, I have to graveyard this if you cannot prove that you have Blade.dk's allowance to redistribute his effect. You have 48 hours to either show proof or remove it from your ability.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #18
Glass Shard
User

Glass Shard has little to show at this moment (0)

Unique & good-looking spell.
Glass Shard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #19
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

I think MC! made that sfx. Or was it JetFangInferno...

Either way, it wasn't Blade.dk.

EDIT: I've checked it and it was MC!

Last edited by HyperActive : 11-25-2007 at 06:56 PM.
HyperActive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

It doesn't matter who made it, just that the maker gives permission for its redistribution. It's convenient that it's MC !, though, because at least he's active and able to be asked.

Malf, if you make some attempt to contact him, I'll take your word on it and won't delete it at the end of the 48 hours. I don't want to be mean, I'm just emphasizing the rules.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #21
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I really don't get what the problem is because maps on this website don't have etched permission slips from the creators of each and every model, texture and etc.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #22
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

It's a public resource, Dusk. He can use it as long as he says where he got it.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #23
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Resources made by others - If you want to use resources made by other in your spell/system you must have the resource author's permission to redistribute it in your map, and give credit in a visible place (for example in the loading screen or in a text message displayed in the map).

Poopy.

Mc! isn't very active.. I think. But I'll try to PM him, though I doubt he could answer within 2 days.

EDIT:

Zoom (requires log in)

Proves my PM to him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mc.JPG (39.4 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by Malf : 11-26-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:31 PM   #24
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
It's a public resource, Dusk. He can use it as long as he says where he got it.
That isn't what the rules say, buddy. It has everything to do with redistribution of public resources, not that he's using a resource. Seriously, read the submission rules, it's there, and like it or not I'm enforcing it.

Quote:
Proves my PM to him.
Fair enough, carry on. Just be sure to bump the thread if/when he responds.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 11-26-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 AM   #25
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY made a mighty good black hole effect, however it cannot be scaled no matter how hard you try, short of editing the model itself.

You could always ask him.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #26
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
That isn't what the rules say, buddy. It has everything to do with redistribution of public resources, not that he's using a resource. Seriously, read the submission rules, it's there, and like it or not I'm enforcing it.
orly? To be honest, I never knew. I figured since we, you know, accept maps without written permission to use other people's models/whatnot the same rule of crediting the author would apply to a resource submission. :P
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #27
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Ah, but see, the usage of maps and spells are entirely different.

You download a map, which in most cases is scrambled using Vex's Optimizer or the like, and then you play and enjoy the map as-is. In that case, all that matters is credits because you'd have to hack the map on some level to get the models out of it.

However, in spells it's different. Some morons will download a spell, take the special effects used in it, and then credit the spell maker for the special effect even though he never made it! Because of this, the model designers have to give explicit permission that they don't care about the redistribution and potential mix-up.

That's really the logic behind it, anyways. Now I just have to wait to get a computer that has WC3 on it to actually go through the spells in this section. *Sigh*
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 AM   #28
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Ok, I've deleted the offtopic post, so we can focus in the important thing: the spell.

Malf: I've tested your resource, and now it doesn't work. I've saved it so it can compile with my JassHelper version and it's the same issue. Please fix that.

Other thing, in the Callback function you create a local group g, but you don't destroy and nullify it, please fix that too.

Attached the replay of doom.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g BlackHole not working.w3g (3.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by moyack : 11-29-2007 at 01:03 AM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 AM   #29
Malf
I LIKE PIZZA! | >

Submissions (2)

Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)Malf has a spectacular aura about (92)

Send a message via AIM to Malf

Ah, the problem was with the trigger. The InitTrig_Blackhole wasn't called, it should've been InitTrig_Black_Hole.

I wish scopes could support initializers.

The spell itself works fine! except for that minor leak :P

Anywho, updating map script and first post in a few minutes.

EDIT OF TEH DUUM:

Updated

Last edited by Malf : 11-29-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Malf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 AM   #30
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Just change the name of the trigger in the Object Editor.

This is what the format of the code should be to have the InitTrig work properly:
Collapse JASS:
scope <Your trigger name exactly how it is with spaces>
    //...
    public function InitTrig takes nothing returns nothing
        //...
    endfunction
endscope

Quote:
Quote: