wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #166
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Void~
Other levels after 6? So the next version will unlock more than just 7? :D
Terrain is done for 7, 8, 9 1/3, 9 2/3, and 10. I just need to find the time to code them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Void~
another suggestion to make it more playable for temas on bent:

Make a kind of "additiona-attempt-points". For every killed Boss the team gets 1 point. When a team dies and has such a point, they have a next chance in this level.

So for example a team could beat Boss 1-2, fail first attempt in Lv 3 and win in the second and has now 3 trials for Lv 4...

what do you think?
Oftentimes, death of the whole team is a happenstance accident. The goal is for the map to be incredibly difficult and very unforgiving. Having extra chances like that would make it way too easy on the whole, since 9 times out of 10, a good team won't lose twice, let alone 3 or 4 times.

Eventually I'll calibrate the game and add in difficulties to cater to differing teams.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #167
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Map version 0.10w released to comply with patch 1.24.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #168
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Glad to see you found it, despite misleading emotes.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #169
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Don't fret, I'm always coding! 'x' released to fix a graphical bug that was kind of important to fix.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #170
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

From a quick test in SP:

There's an invulnerable footman standing around in level 3*. oO
*0x/0y coordinates

Cyndarr's charge/damage meter don't disappear if he dies during the channel. Or maybe not at all, only killed him once.

Last edited by 2-P : 08-05-2009 at 08:08 PM.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #171
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-P
There's an invulnerable footman standing around in level 3*. oO
*0x/0y coordinates
Did you use whosyourdaddy? The map exhibits very obscure behavior when that cheat is employed because of the nature of the damage detection system in use. Your thoughts about the damage meter on Cyndarr might be true, though, I never really tested killing him during it.

EDIT:
That invulnerable footie might be related to the bug found in my TerrainPathability library. If anything gets knocked back in the entire map he won't be there, but if nothing does then it will be there.

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 08-06-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #172
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (425)

Yeah I used whosyourdaddy, I guess that was the reason since he doesn't appear in multiplayer games.
Hm, I'm pretty sure that I got knocked back in the game where I saw him.
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #173
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Well I fixed the TerrainPathability library, so it should be gone regardless. I also found the bug with Cyndarr's gauges, since they will bug out and linger if he dies with them up. Thanks for that, they'll both be good for the next version.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #174
The_Phalanx
User

Submissions (1)

The_Phalanx has little to show at this moment (1)

Footman is still there. And yes, I also used whosyourdaddy.

Clan LSI Chieftain
The_Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #175
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Stupid footman. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #176
Blubb-Tec
Full Metal Mapping!

Submissions (1)

Blubb-Tec will become famous soon enough (37)Blubb-Tec will become famous soon enough (37)

played this map again after a long time, and must say its still amazing, epic, and really fun to play :D I really like the balancing now, and, after having read that you want to map this make "incredibly difficult", I can say that you did a good job on that ~ Also its nice how you often meet pubs who are willing to join remake after remake, simply because they like the game. Its really great and fun that way, and your map must play a heavy role in this motivation factor ;)
There are 2 things I would maybe change: first, how about a remake possibility? I guess this has already been asked quite often. Second, when we loaded a game, and had 5/6 players in it, game crashed during loading screen, saying something about HashtableLoadInteger failing. Zoxc said it had something to do with wc3 running out of memory with 800mb usage(he was in the game), but I didn't see it so can't verify it.

Anyways, its really fun to play this again and again :D

"In a way, we're all troubled adolescent girls... deep inside."
Blubb-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #177
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Few complaints:
- I dislike the terrain. (You use it and thus probably like it, so elaborating on this point further would be a waste of time for me to write and you to read. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
- Lag/Cast time while adding attributes is a pain in the ass.
- Some way to visually find all of your allied heroes on the screen and see their life would be amazingly useful. (Eg: texttag health bars.)

I may come up with more when I play more.

Other than that, funnnnn
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #178
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

I've played this some with Blubb-Tec, grim001 and Earth-Fury and it's pretty fun although a bit hard to get a game going.

I also got stuck outside the room in level 4. We could possibly have beaten the boss if I were free, although I could still cast spells on units close by. I've have attached the replay for your viewing pleasure...
Attached Files
File Type: w3g ODBug.w3g (210.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #179
The_Phalanx
User

Submissions (1)

The_Phalanx has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoxc
I've played this some with Blubb-Tec, grim001 and Earth-Fury and it's pretty fun although a bit hard to get a game going.

I also got stuck outside the room in level 4. We could possibly have beaten the boss if I were free, although I could still cast spells on units close by. I've have attached the replay for your viewing pleasure...

If I remember correctly, level 4 is the water boss, in which case you were supposed to go talk to the merchant and ask for help. He then opens the door for you.

Clan LSI Chieftain
The_Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #180
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

That's level 5. Apparently you can get stuck on the wrong side of Shivra's door if you're walking the wrong way to cross the threshold. It's just a WC3 pathing issue that I have to adjust for.