wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Modeling / Animation
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2008, 01:46 PM   #151
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via Yahoo to Daminon

You have to post pictures of instructions...

The only way I could do that is by adding an edit poly modifier above the editable poly and there mess with smoothing groups, but that means I have =<4 times the amount of polygons to mess with.
Daminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #152
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)

Which would be better to buy... ZBrush, or Mudbox? I'm thinking ZBrush, but not entirely sure yet
SUPa- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:50 PM   #153
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

Try them both and judge for yourself. 'Cause half the people will say zbrush and the other half mudbox.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:17 AM   #154
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)Daminon will become famous soon enough (70)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
Try them both and judge for yourself. 'Cause half the people will say zbrush and the other half mudbox.
I thought like 20% would say mudbox. If you have the patience to learn get used to and will be able to like working in zbrush I say use that I think. It's the sculp program with most features. If you don't need those fancy features and hates new strange interfaces go mudbox ja. :) Mudbox navigation and view is like in maya.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #155
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)SUPa- will become famous soon enough (64)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR

I already dried up both trials

I know ZBrush has more features and customization, as well as 3d texturing. And Mudbox is just really simple and easy to use, but despite being more lacking than ZBrush it's more costly (about 50 dollars more)
Also, I see people using mainly ZBrush over at Game Artisans I think

Last edited by SUPa- : 05-30-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #156
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

don't know man, I personally prefer ZBrush. I tried the mudbox beta and I didn't liked how it was working at all. So yeah, my personal preference is zbrush. Plus the subtools thing in zbrush is just priceless for me.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #157
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Mudbox has that funny symmetrit tool you know. It works by following the topology instead of you world positiion of the brush. Requires equal toplogy on both sides of course.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #158
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

yeah but that's something I don't need.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #159
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

I'll probably get ZBrush. Those customizable alphas look pretty cool and useful. And 3d painting would be handy. Thanks for the time, guys
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #160
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

what sucks about that 3d painting thing in zbrush is that you're actually coloring the polygons. So you need a really dense mesh in order to get a nice texture. That means you can't texture low poly models. Only in projection master though.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 PM   #161
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR
what sucks about that 3d painting thing in zbrush is that you're actually coloring the polygons. So you need a really dense mesh in order to get a nice texture. That means you can't texture low poly models. Only in projection master though.
Woot! Well I just love to hear negative things about zbrush. >:)
Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #162
SUPa-
User

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDR

You can uber sub divide the low poly model :P It should still have the same UV Map, correct?
Didn't you texture your shadow efreet in ZBrush? (Or something like that)

Last edited by SUPa- : 05-30-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #163
Daminon
WWIAFTM!

Submissions (12)

Anyway, 3d-painting is cheat. :P Don't use it.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #164
Kurjuus
User

Submissions (8)

Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)Kurjuus will become famous soon enough (32)

If you want proper 3D painting get Cinema 4D :D
Old 05-31-2008, 01:27 AM   #165
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

not cinema4d, BODYPAINT 3D. Same company, different products though.

SUPa, subdividing the low poly mesh will result in uber shit. Low poly is meant to stay low poly, if you subdivide it it will look like major crap and you won't texture it correctly.
I textured the efreet and all my stuff actually like 90% in photoshop and only 10% in ZBrush, and using projection master + ZApp Link (...'guess that makes it 99% in photohop...) not poly paint. Only used it to paint over seams or in difficult areas.