wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > War of the Three Hammers
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
camel's_hump
Gone.

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Default Spell Ideas Needed!

Well we need spell ideas for all the heroes I think. Here is a list of the heroes.

Bronzebeard

Captain Drenn Stoneaxe, weapon:hammer - He needs offensive spells, hes the tank heroe I believe. He needs some cool spells, maybe something to do with the Stoneaxe part of his name?

Jorin Brordi, prospector, weapon:mining pick - He needs deffensive spells, they need to have something to do with being a prospector though. Also atleast one aura.

Runepriest, weapon:fists - Dunno.

Wildhammers

Battlemaster Hugan Hammerlock, weapon:two-handed axe - Attack skills, his spells need something to do with him being a battlemaster, i.e. he should have some sort of aura that increases attack.

King Khadros Wildhammer, weapon:gigantic axe - All around spells I think, make them very noble/uber sounding:) Dont you just love how I describe things?:P

Hearthguard, weapon:axe & stone sword - He needs some defensive and offensive skills. Hes kinda like the Mountain King in not playing a part in much of the story.

Darkirons
High Wizard Olof Steelmouth, weapon:im not sure:P - He needs some attack spells, they should be dark arts/firey stuff I think.

Mort Blackblade, warrior, weapon:huge sword - He needs attack skills and maybe one defensive skill. No magic since his character is not too found of the stuff:P

Obsidian Guard, warrior, weapon:hammer - He needs defensive spells. Again hes like the Mountain King and Hearthguard.

Oogabooga

Last edited by camel's_hump : 04-01-2007 at 03:43 PM.
camel's_hump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-02-2006, 02:12 AM   #2
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

A quick question, can the spell ideas include maybe ideas for new animations? Like if I come up with 5 spell ideas that all use that custom animation or something that would be doable to add?
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 AM   #3
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

I'm one for making dramatic animations, if hump gives the okay, I do as well ^^
Old 08-02-2006, 02:40 AM   #4
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)camel's_hump is a glorious beacon of light (487)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingspeedhorn
A quick question, can the spell ideas include maybe ideas for new animations? Like if I come up with 5 spell ideas that all use that custom animation or something that would be doable to add?

If Chriz is willing to do animations for them then thats fine:)

Oogabooga
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 AM   #5
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

It's settled : )

EDIT: Since I'll be animating the wildhammer hero first, maybe brainstorm for him so I can know what kind of animations to make for his spells.

Last edited by Chriz. : 08-02-2006 at 06:01 AM.
Chriz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
It's settled : )

EDIT: Since I'll be animating the wildhammer hero first, maybe brainstorm for him so I can know what kind of animations to make for his spells.

Wildhammer spell ideas comming up soon (hopefully)!

Last edited by ragingspeedhorn : 08-02-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Ok, I want to see these spells

Oogabooga
Old 08-02-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

-King Khadros Wildhammer-

Idea nr. 1

Name: Hammer Slam (or "Grand Slam" maybe?)

Description: Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies using the hidden powers within the (if the hammer itself has a special name have that here) hammer when it gets slammed into the ground, creating a devastating shock effect which instantly stuns everyone nearby you. (Not the best at descriptions )

What it does: Khadros takes his axe up in the air while it gets a red glow at the end, he then slams it into the ground (some fancy red effect maybe when it hits the ground, like a red ring that goes out from khadros) stunning everyone within a small distance. The spell itself should deal a low/medium amount of damage, be a quick spell to use (instant use for a quick stun effect), stun for a low amount of time and the Khadros himself should be able to use the spell again quickly within a few seconds. It should have a medium manacost.

This would be good for battles where there are 10+ hostile units so you use it to stun them while your other units do the job of slaying them, this would force you to use your hero smart in combat and not just order the units to mass attack or the hero to use a "die all now" spell.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #9
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Hmm. Good idea, it will be useful for the last Wh map, but the name needs some work. How about Ancestral Slam or something? Although that doesn't make a lot of sense it sounds cool and kinda fits him being old, king, and having lots of ancestors:P

Now make up some more spells!

Oogabooga
Old 08-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel's_hump
Hmm. Good idea, it will be useful for the last Wh map, but the name needs some work. How about Ancestral Slam or something? Although that doesn't make a lot of sense it sounds cool and kinda fits him being old, king, and having lots of ancestors:P

Now make up some more spells!

Ancestral Slam sounds nice, the description would just need a minor change then, but that is not a big deal

More spell ideas comming up
Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Question: are you going to have runemasters?
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

-King Khadros Wildhammer-

Idea nr. 2

Name: Calling The Gods (or, "Aid From Above")

Description: When there's no hope left, seek aid from above.

What it does: Khadros shouts (some nice flashy white/yellow'ish effect comes) and raises his axe in the air followed by a holy lightning bolt (yellow + white, looking holy and stuff instead of blue) striking down in him making him grow in size and gain some sort of yellow smart effect to the hands like bloodlust but with some holyness over it. It makes him invulnerable for a medium amount of time, gives him a medium amount of extra damage for a long amount of time, gives him a small amount of extra walking speed for same amount of time as damage, also gives him a small amount of extra armor for same amount of time as damage. Once the effects wear off he gets back to normal size and all that jazz.

This would be some sort of ultimate spell or something like that, atleast it would be an advanced and good one, but should only be usable once the hp got down to 1/3 or something like that.

Last edited by ragingspeedhorn : 08-02-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
Question: are you going to have runemasters?

Answer. I think not.

Raging I kinda like the spell, but the thing is Wildhammers are shamanistic/druidy peoples, not holy guys so you have to change the description around some. Good idea though

Oogabooga
Old 08-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel's_hump
Answer. I think not.

Raging I kinda like the spell, but the thing is Wildhammers are shamanistic/druidy peoples, not holy guys so you have to change the description around some. Good idea though

Damn I should have read up a little more about the different character backgrounds I think

Will change it in a sec when I come up with something different.

EDIT: I was thinking, do they believe in some other god... And if yes, what sort of element does that god belong to?

Last edited by ragingspeedhorn : 08-02-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:12 PM   #15
camel's_hump
Gone.

Submissions (25)

Well I dont really know an answer to that question:P You'll have to get some lore person to help you

Oogabooga