wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #31
tschig
User

tschig has little to show at this moment (0)

Alright hope it worked! Here is the mdx. The faces are not fixed yet, so it might look a little funny?!

Ps: Can you send me a copy of the skin anyway, so I can give it a try.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:09 PM   #32
Windrunner
User

Windrunner is on a distinguished road (10)

the model doesnt show up, its invisible. i tried to attach the skin but it doesnt work. there is only 1 path: textures/white. i dont understand a thing of this, it never happend to me.
well, ill send you the skin in blp. i hope it will work with you. if you want it in tga tell me.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM   #33
tschig
User

Thats cool. Can you send me another one in tga please?! That be great. Never mind about it now, I can figure it out. Anyway Thx alot and if you dont mind, can I contact you again, if I need your help again?! Again thx and youll have the credit
Old 09-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #34
tschig
User

Man that looks Awesome Didnt realise you werent finished yet. Ill give it a try in gmax. G Dont have time now...
Old 09-23-2004, 05:54 PM   #35
Windrunner
User

tnx, i was afraid you didnt like it. how did you make it work?? and i dont mind you contacting me, idd be happy to help ^_^
well heres the tga
Old 09-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #36
tschig
User

Are you kidding its brilliant. Great because I probably have some more models to come. Actually I didnt manage yet, to get it to work, but I ll give it a try, probably not before tomorrow though. Can you maybe finish of the rest though? Thats great stuff man...
Old 09-23-2004, 10:34 PM   #37
Windrunner
User

are you making more of those models? thats great, i really like your model.
ok ill finish the skin, but i think the head will come out wierd. because i dont know where the mouth, eyes, nose and stuff are.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #38
tschig
User

Yeah, Im making a cinematic, but the main character will change as the story advances, hence he will be a ranger, a farmer, a warrior and (maybe) a knight. I also like making some original doodads, like trees or buildings. Are you any good at skinning these kind of models?

I know the head might come out weird but I can fix that, I guess, once I get to see it applied to the model. Anyway you can make out some of the contures? The eyes are way at the top (for some reason?!) and there is no distinct mouth, its just flat. But Ill probably make a portrait for it aswell.

So as you can see I got some big plans here ^_^
Old 09-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #39
Windrunner
User

okay, then ill start making his head.btw the hood is everthing around the head right?

im not so familiar with doodads, but i can always try! when i have some time when i finish the skin, ill open up some doodads and see what i can do with them. same with buildings so ill do some of them to.

big plans indeed.

EDIT: when you get the skin on the model,can you post a pic of the model, i really want to see how it looks ^_^

Last edited by Windrunner : 09-24-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:39 AM   #40
tschig
User

Yeah the hood is everything around the head. Great, I havent got the skin to work yet. That is to say I managed to get it to show up in gmax, but I would have had to move each face individually to the actual location where it was supposed to be, the model has around 2000 faces, man no way! ;) I wonder how it will work with warcraft... anyway I will get it to work somehow but Im not gonna do that now, first I will have to animate the model!

It will be more like a long movie, from which I will release all the scenes individually. Or maybe wait till im done and then link them all together, like a campaign, but just cinematics, yeah might do that good thinking
Old 09-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #41
Windrunner
User

yes its finished. i hope the head will turn out right. man i got his whole face deleted, i made it look really cool but then my mouse goes to the upper right corner (dont know how) and i pressed left mouse click. so i lost the face i got a bit pissed and didnt feel to skin anymore. so my mother, yes my mother remade the face and i did the rest after that. so here it is! ^_^ ^_^ in blp and tga:
Old 09-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #42
tschig
User

Thank you so much!! Its awesome it really is. Great stuff. Full credits and reputation man, great!!

Im going to post here soon again, in case I finish the next model quite soon. Thx alot again!!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:52 PM   #43
im_back
User

im_back has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschig
Thank you so much!! Its awesome it really is. Great stuff. Full credits and reputation man, great!!

Im going to post here soon again, in case I finish the next model quite soon. Thx alot again!!
windrunner is a great guy your lucky he read your post and i give u rep because u r lucky to both of you
Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #44
Windrunner
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschig

np, im glad to help. ill keep an eye on this tread to see if you finish the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_back
windrunner is a great guy your lucky he read your post and i give u rep because u r lucky to both of you

thx ^_^
Old 09-26-2004, 06:18 PM   #45
tschig
User

Yeah look out for it. Might take some time though...

Thx Im Back, really appreciate it!
Closed Thread