wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Modeling Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2004, 07:57 PM   #91
Ali-B
User

Ali-B has little to show at this moment (0)

Well I just downloaded that plugin and started afresh in the pyraball thing, except activating the plugin just before doing the animations, it came up with a box saying the plugin was on, so I did the rest of the tutorial. But it's still not working, though I'm thinking:

Do you have to regester your copy of Milkshape in order to make the animations work? So you people who have got it working have you all regestered your copy? If you do then it would make sence for the wide-spread 'not working'
Ali-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #92
Ss4_kamon
User

Submissions (1)

Ss4_kamon has little to show at this moment (8)

I'm back. I realize the eror, I forgot to add the part, I think it's the skin, I'll edit the tutorial. Sorry about this!

EDIT: I'm making a new thread, this one is too jam packed, can a moderator delete this after I'm done with the new one?

Last edited by Ss4_kamon : 08-06-2004 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Realized something...
Ss4_kamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:21 PM   #93
Slaughter Boy
User

Slaughter Boy has little to show at this moment (0)

I know this might sound dumb but HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLACE JOINTS??? :( :( :( im soooo confused please help me, and how do i get into import manager? e-mailo me at STEP800@hotmail.com
Slaughter Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 AM   #94
peoncaptain
User

peoncaptain has little to show at this moment (0)

Pls add link to this post when u are done with new post about milkshape modeling.I tried that plugin and it doesnt work(I mean I dont know where to paste heading or it doesnt work)
peoncaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #95
LostGodAnubis
User

LostGodAnubis has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok I was trying this for the first time and I did everything you told me to.

But when I re-open my WC3 WE my model is just a shadow. Nothing but A shdow. Could anyone help me? Please? :(
LostGodAnubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 01:12 AM   #96
Pr3dat0r
User

Pr3dat0r has little to show at this moment (0)

that thing let you make skins? o.O
Pr3dat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:03 AM   #97
messymike
User

messymike has little to show at this moment (0)

AHHH, man it says it cant load it... i reopen and reopen and reopen, after the 9th time i gave up... i followed the instructions to the letter, but it just wont load it... i dont know how it works... but i dont think im cut out for this modeling stuff after all...
messymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:56 AM   #98
shadow)ps(
User

shadow)ps( has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok, the mass triangles in unwrapper dont go away when i select box 1, and sphere 1 doesnt show up at all when i select it. when i select box 1, only the box with a diagonal line through it highlights in red, the mass triangles remain there, in blue. When i select sphere 1, the whole thing is highlighted red, the box, the mass triangles. Also, there was an option that was in the tutorial to check when you saved the unwrapping procedure, i didnt have the option, what gives? please reply asap, thank you.
shadow)ps( is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:01 PM   #99
BlaspheemingBoB
User

BlaspheemingBoB has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbe
Next, Go back to File, Model, then save, go to the extension menu, has the current extention of .lum i beleive, switch that to .3ds, and save the model.
Close LithUnwrap.

Lami, you must be some sort of Messiah, because that is the single command that has screwed me over for the past week. The original tutorial said "Save the File as <name>.3ds , so I assumed it meant you must export the File from Milkshape into Autodesk (.3ds).

Wahoo!

[edit]

I Know this sounds kinda redundant, but I also have problems with the File converter. I Try loading the file and it gives me the Error "Unknown file format" for whichever conversion type a try to do. Also, when I close the program, I get an Error message that says something like :
"The instruction at "0x00042402 referenced memory at 0x00022422"
this souns like a problem with my memory, but how does that fit in with anything?

Last edited by BlaspheemingBoB : 08-21-2004 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Redundant Problem
BlaspheemingBoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 01:10 AM   #100
Elektronikus
User

Elektronikus has little to show at this moment (0)

From experience it is a good thing when it says 'cannot load' because this means that it has loaded successfully, and 9 times out of 10 it will load correctly in game or when you restart the editor.
Elektronikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 03:59 AM   #101
Elektronikus
User

Elektronikus has little to show at this moment (0)

All well and good, but milkshape is a pos. it sux. if this was medieval england the programmers would be burned at the stake for... werewolfery or something. anyways if u go to discreet.com you can find a free download of a program called 'GMAX'. its basically free 3dsmax that you cant make movies on. trust me on this one. you will thank me for it!!!
Elektronikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:33 AM   #102
elwam
User

elwam has little to show at this moment (0)

Excuse me ,'im new there and i try to know how to create models , i follow step by step and all works , except the last part : my war3fileconverter dont work!
It says : The ordinal 294 could not be located in the dynamic linc library storm.dll
or GAME.dll not found
And when i tried installing this program in the war3 folder , nothing work !!!
:'( TOO BAD

HELP ME!
elwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #103
Lamoid
User

Lamoid has little to show at this moment (0)

Argh I cant get it to look like a pyramid! I do exactly what it says and it still looks like a box! :\ Any help?
Lamoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:57 PM   #104
LordSturm
User

LordSturm has little to show at this moment (0)

Well, it sais to vertexise it, then move the top two dots at the top left and right windows. after that it should look like a pyramid.
Anyway why the model loses all animation after you unwrap/skin it?
LordSturm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:43 AM   #105
Darknesservant

1 prob, where can i download the tools, and if you mean the art tools, how can i install those, i dont have 3dsmax