wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 04:08 AM   #16
X-Vengeance-X
User

X-Vengeance-X has little to show at this moment (0)

Already Done dude. Here is the tail as a seperate model file, It is fully animated and has a few distorted vertices (see the red circle) These won't show up as they will be inside the model once u attach it with triggers.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:09 AM   #17
X-Vengeance-X
User

The Reddish Body aint quite so reddish now and he has body hair, as u requested, he certainly looks the part now, trust me when i say removing those speedos would be a terrible idea. I did try it, Don't ask what the result was.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:23 AM   #18
X-Vengeance-X
User

Oh, also, as you said u wanted him to slash away at his enemies i had to change his attack animation. (he used to stab with a halberd) Now in all his attack animations he batters and slashes away with his claws. I'm new to this game and aint been modelling long, Is this okay?

Well when i say "game" i don't mean warcraft, i mean modelling n' skinning,
Old 02-26-2004, 03:37 PM   #19
X-Vengeance-X
User

I suggest u read this forum thread, as unless u know him he's obviously read this thread or seen the pics and wants exactly the same thing.Read This Thread
Old 02-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #20
Leumas
User

Leumas has little to show at this moment (0)

0_o :D :ggani: :foot: 8)) SWEETNESS! I think that's about everything! He's about as close to perfect as possible! I have 2 questions, though. Since the tail is a seperate model, should I attatch it to the chest, or origin, or something else? And 2, does he have a portrait that comes with? The portrait would be nice, if you don't have it, because he plays the role of the villian, and talks a lot. Oh, and that one guy who asked for the same thing, no. We are not working on the same project. Either it was a very odd coincidence, or he read the thread and posted that just to be annoying. I have just one or two suggestions, y'know, just for polish! Maybe color his teeth a yellowish color, and give him a buck teeth lookin' mouth. No model change, just a skin change, you know what I mean. And maybe some rat ears, if you have time and are feeling up to it. BTW, for someone who is new to the skinning/texturing deal, you have some very obvious talent there. Nice work, and keep it up!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:57 AM   #21
Xzarol
User

Xzarol has little to show at this moment (0)

Could you possibly make the body more furry? Im Leumas' partner in crime. :////
Old 02-27-2004, 04:14 PM   #22
X-Vengeance-X
User

I don't buy that guys excuse of "I just thought of it" It's far too coincidental after the descriptive threads on this being made only a few hours before. It's exacty the same specs.. But anyway. He has ears now and yellowish buck teeth, the buck teeth are perhaps too small to notice but they are there. Im looking at re-skinning his hands now.. but that might not get done yet, i ahvent decided, i cant get any results ther ethat i like yet, so im gonna have a stab at re-modellign them now. Thier far too chunky. As for tha tail attachment, your asking the wrong guy, Ive just made what u requested. To my knowledge a new attachment point would have to be made on the back of his pelvis bone. Ive already posted another thread about how to do this because ive never done it before. If you could find out and tell me i'll do it for you, otherwise he isnt going to have a tail by the look of things.
Anyway, gonna look @ his hands now.

P.s At the moment his portrait is the wolf one (That's his head) and has been reskinned. It's the same except it dosnt sport the ears, Im not sure if teh camera angle would get them in anyway. One other problem the wolf has no "talk" animation and i can't give him one ethier, But yeah he does have a portrait.

P.P.s Ive experimented with different amounts of fur, too much more and he starts looking like a werewolf/bush. Rats have fine fur and most "ratmen" creatures have bare bellys and a lot of back fur. (I have a skaven army)
I'm hoping to reskin the hands to make them bare and he'l maybe have some fur on the backs of his palms. I'll let u know.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #23
X-Vengeance-X
User

Hey again, Now he has ears as you can see and also buck teeth kinda things at the front though i doubt they'll show up in-game.
I redone the hands to make them more rattish.
(IT TOOK 3 HOURS!)
Old 02-27-2004, 10:20 PM   #24
Leumas
User

Man, that's really good! I appreciate the time you've taken to work on it, and hopefully the end result will be worthwhile! 8)) But anyway, I can't find a lot wrong with it now, but I noticed a few splotches of red in his fur, you could either fur them, or just leave them as, like blood splotches, and that would look good. The ears are barely visible, but I think I know how to fix that easily. Just add a bit of pinkish to the insides, to look like mousey ears, y'know what I mean? Also sort of turn them around just a bit, so the pinkish parts face the front like his face. That shoudn't be too diffucult for a modeller of your caliber! And about that talk animation for his portratit, don't worry about it, it's not all that necessary. What I'm really concerned about is the tail thing. I'll have a look in the modelling forums and see if I can find anything to help you out. 'Till then, keep up the wonderful work!
Old 02-27-2004, 11:53 PM   #25
X-Vengeance-X
User

The ears are pink on the inside, its just war3viewer dosnt show it very well, they also do face forward. All the red parts u can see arnt red, their the team color.
As for the tail I havent a clue how you attach it to the pelvis.

The ears are pink on the inside, its just war3viewer dosnt show it very well, they also do face forward. All the red parts u can see arnt red, their the team color.
As for the tail I havent a clue how you attach it to the pelvis.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:19 AM   #26
Leumas
User

That's very good (as usual). The tail part, if you give me the 2 files, I can fiddle with it in the editor and maybe give a tip or 2, oh, and I forgot to mention this last post, can you make him have reddish eyes, with green pupils? That'd look really cool, in my opinion. So, color his eyes, and let me see the file so I can tinker with the attatchment deal?

Now, this doesn't have anything to do with the model, but it's just about the project. Zarol and I are gonna request another model, (much simpler) that is a window that shatters. What happens is, Kul'Dunar (y'know, the fighter dude) busts thru dat, and matrix-fights Sornaris. And then, the blocking and spinning and hitting with the tail. That's sort of the plan! NURGA!
Old 02-28-2004, 12:59 AM   #27
X-Vengeance-X
User

Hello again, theres no need to worry about the tail as ive added it into him now, it swings to and fro when he moves. Also I created and added a skaven (rat-man) symbol onto his crotch armor.

He looks awful with green/red eyes. Ive reverted it back to yellow eyes again.
Red & Green should'nt be seen.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:46 AM   #28
Leumas
User

I can sum the thing up in one word: OHMYGODTHATISSOFREAKINGAWESOMEYOUVEDONEAREALLYGOODJOBONITTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! ...yeah. Quite frankly, that's awesome. He fits the profile perfectly. Can you think of anything more that could be added? I really can't! Very good job! Perhaps if you want to polish it up a bit more, that's up to you, but I think you're done. So, gimme a link to it and we're in business! What path shoud I put it to?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:58 AM   #29
X-Vengeance-X
User

I have a few things to do before I create the .zip for this. I have to fully test it in-game yet, although I ahve done a quick preliminary one and it seems to work.
Also, do u want this file to go public? or to remain private until ure thingy is done and then go public or what?
Also, I want to see a copy of this cinematic you are working on, feel free to protect the map if you wish i just want to look at it. I'm curious.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:29 PM   #30
X-Vengeance-X
User

I have some bad news for ye, In-game his head no longer shows up, his tail ain't animated (at all), nethier is that symbol on his armour, one of his attack animations dosnt work (he just stands there) his death animation no longer functions and his tail remains floating above his corpse upon decay. I doubt im gonna work on it tonight as im going to have a few drinks. But this all will delay its completion for awhile.
I would still like to see a copy of this map u guys are doing.
Closed Thread