wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:36 AM   #31
Lord Skeith
User

Lord Skeith has little to show at this moment (0)

Heh, just make sure my chocobo don't look like a giant yellow blur!
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-19-2004, 10:20 AM   #32
Zazzadar
User

Zazzadar is on a distinguished road (10)

I think WoW will be about the same as FF XI in gameplay no? As i heard FF XI is a better allought game but blizzards WoW will actually have a story witch will continue throught the next few years (thats what i heard anyway i think it was on the blizzard site)

As for the model of the city of San D'oria i don't quite understand. Are you porting the whole city? Or just parts? And just how many poly's are we talking about here? I'd like to use it as my main city of Khemaria in my Multiplex game. (i'm gonna meld so many games together into one you won't know what will happen next linked to gether of course with superb triggers, storylines and models/skins)

I think WoW will be about the same as FF XI in gameplay no? As i heard FF XI is a better allought game but blizzards WoW will actually have a story witch will continue throught the next few years (thats what i heard anyway i think it was on the blizzard site)

As for the model of the city of San D'oria i don't quite understand. Are you porting the whole city? Or just parts? And just how many poly's are we talking about here? I'd like to use it as my main city of Khemaria in my Multiplex game. (i'm gonna meld so many games together into one you won't know what will happen next linked to gether of course with superb triggers, storylines and models/skins)

Last edited by Zazzadar : 02-19-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #33
Lord Skeith
User

The city in the game itself is split into 3 or 4 sections I belive (just got to san doria not really sure yet) But it will be each one seperate... and if you place them together if you want you will have the full city... the poly count umm well its 7000 for just one section... (huge I know but tottaly worth it)
Old 02-19-2004, 12:27 PM   #34
Zazzadar
User

Wow thats a lot of polys...i suppose you could use all of them together if you had your city on a map thats seperate you know like the extra maps in the bonus orc comapign TFT.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #35
Lord Skeith
User

You could do that, or like I'm doing place 2 peices on a 256by256 and have them as seperate citys... sure it doesn't leave much room but there are some great areas you could use for battlefields and such.
I mean if you wanted to make a multi player map using these kind of models just get a bunch of freinds together let them dl it and play with just them. The Northern San Doria file is about 1.3 meg so it's not THAT bad.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #36
Zazzadar
User

I suppose you could use each section as a seperate city. As long as you can't tell that they all are bovioulsy supposed to be one city.

hows the cute little chocobo going anyway could we have a screeny if it's not yet finished?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:14 PM   #37
Lord Skeith
User

Well as far as the city goes I made a large brick walkway tile that fits in with it almost perfectly, (so when you go across the walkway out of the city you can make it not look like its cut off) and for mr chocobo I'd love to take a screen shot but my program doesn't let me... it supposed to but it won't witch really pisses me off. So until I can unwrap the model on my other comp I can't give any screen shots yet... but its coming out good 2 of the attack animations are done... ones a beak peck ones a head butt and the last (most diffacult to make) he jumps up and kicks =)
The poly count right now for it is 350 it will go a little bit higher to fix any sharp edges and such, hope you don't mind, and if you do fine lol i'll give you a box version with a poly count of like 50 ;)
Old 02-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #38
Zazzadar
User

Ohh! I forgot to ask you are giving him the portrait. You know for cinematics and incase any nutter had him as a hero *cough* i might *cough8. Oooooh yeah and could he have a spell animation? Not much perhaps oh i dunno he thrusts his head out and throws his wings up but whatever as long as he has one i just thought that would be good.

And a note to Aardvark as you are our official Chocobo skinner. Lord Skeith is putting alot of effort into the model so i was wondering if you could add in some extra effort of the skin or should i say skins. could you do the skins in different coulors the ones featured in game are i think Yellow(standard), Green, blue, brown, black, red, gold there are others but what the hey. And if you can try doing one skin witch has a harness on.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:10 AM   #39
Aardvark-
User

Aardvark- has little to show at this moment (0)

sure, no prob. i could do that. of course im going to put alot of effort into this skin. :ggani:

There are green and brown chocobos? Weird. I've only heard of black, white, yellow, red and purple.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:43 AM   #40
Zazzadar
User

I'm pretty sure there are green and brown chocobos. Havnt played any of the pre 10 final fantasys for a whaile so i can't remember. And thanks for putting effort it Aardvark we can coun't on you for a good skin when the model is done :)

Oh yeah sorry guys i forgot to mention we need a n icon and before you say it i'll have to interupt BZZZT! I'll make the icon Well actually it's not that much all i need to do is take the face from one of the pictures from earlier and a bit of smudging here and there an whoopa!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:17 AM   #41
Lord Skeith
User

I was aleady making a potrait n if ya read hehe... he is gonna have 3 attack animations, a head butt, kind of where he just pecks at them, and he jumps up and kicks. For the 2 spell animation I was thinking one he fly up and flaps his wings twoards the enemy really fast, the other it does a funky little dance spreads its wings and kinda jumps twoards its target... its going to have a walk and a run animations... run will be preset to set the walk you have to make a trigger... I'll specify on how to do that later... he will have 2 death animations one where it just collapses the other he flys away. And as I said I'm releasing the "flying chocobo" alternate model at the same time... a nifty thing you could do is give him a fly ability... use the second death animation... (witch is why I made it) and then it looks like he's takeing off! And as I also said before most of my models should be done sometime mid next week... this includes several FF XI models, the best one I think so far.. is a hume dragoon with a very spify looking lance... and yes I mean seriously spiffy the thing looks godly. with these models.. I will release a chocobo mounted version for every unit. All of them except the chocobo's have 3-4 differant skins. And if this confuses you guys... put it this way... I'm about to release 26 differant models with about 50 skins to go with them... All will be up for public download!

Thats it for now... I've been working my ass off so I hope everyone enjoys these! (also I made all the weapons from the units seperate models along with helms guantlets boots... so you can play mix and match and most of the units are similar in body height and width so it won't look funny!!)
Old 02-20-2004, 03:13 PM   #42
Zazzadar
User

Wow you sure have been working your ass off keep up the good work.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #43
Zazzadar
User

Ok well i had a shot at the icon i think its ok. I'm not an artist so this icon is only kinda temporary i does look good though. I used the head of the chocobo in the pictures earilier. If you have any comments i will see if i can change it.

Screeny:
Old 02-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #44
Zazzadar
User

And the file:
Old 02-21-2004, 01:36 AM   #45
Zazzadar
User

I noticed there was an extreemly faint patch behind the chocobos head i fixed that.
Closed Thread