wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:12 PM   #31
Dre
Troll anatomy expert

Respected User

Dre will become famous soon enough (43)Dre will become famous soon enough (43)

In my humble opinion, i think that a ranged unit with the dreadlord model could look really cool if the attack backswing/dmg point is right. Especially with a new skin; it'd look really nice and original.

Dre

My old stuff at DeviantArt: http://arabaey.deviantart.com
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #32
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

nope. i dont think it will look good, dre. and besides, it is supposed to be an undead unit. we want to make SURE there is no link to burning legion or whatsoever.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #33
Khadhar'phak
User

Khadhar'phak is on a distinguished road (20)

I guess I could have a go for furion. Besides, when I looked at the portrait on the dreadlord, the alphad horns and ears were still there:bgrun:
Old 02-17-2004, 10:54 PM   #34
Khadhar'phak
User

Alright, here's the face with green beard on the Furion model. Whad'ya think? Strangely, this is a cnp from my dreadlord version and the nose is aligned PERFECTLY. Weird.emote_sweat

Last edited by Khadhar'phak : 02-17-2004 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #35
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

that looks like it has some seriouse potency!

i would, however, have the beard look a bit more natural by making a line in the middle that goes from his chin to his lip,.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #36
Khadhar'phak
User

blame blizzard for crappy unwrapping. He now has his beard-lip connector.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:22 AM   #37
Khadhar'phak
User

How many points is this skin worth, anyway? Updated...

Edit: Argh! it's arsed itself up in-game! grr... I shall attempt to recover it.

Edit edit: yay! It's working again! *wanders off, mumbling something about alpha channels*

Last edited by Khadhar'phak : 02-18-2004 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:26 AM   #38
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

thats looking suprisingly good so far! i like how u connected the lip wityh the beard, makes the beard more a part of his face.

maybe it would be cool if you made his 'skirt' and 'cape' a bit ragged, and dark... but not too dark... or maybe too dark... aah well hes supposed to be a walking nightmare so.. i'm sure you'll get it, the face looks wonderfull so far. you should do something with the horns though... its cool if they stay, but they should be somehow diffrent.

[i]EDIT: y'kow what? i'll tray and make reference pics for all skins, to make it clearer what we want. ofcourse, you dont have to be 100% exact to the reference, you have artistic freedom, thats why its a 'contest...'
Old 02-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #39
Khadhar'phak
User

I've "raggified" his clothes. How's it look?
Old 02-18-2004, 07:04 PM   #40
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

very nice, but it still needs to look darker... i dont like the brown on him, the color brow is kind of a 'warm' color. a good color scheme would be kind of like purple/green/black...

again, he should look like a walking nightmare... a terrible horrifying creature you dont want to walk into.

the rags look good though... but did u change the clothes allready or not? i'm not really famliair with the tft furion skin... emote_confused
Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 PM   #41
Khadhar'phak
User

No, I haven't changed his clothing yet, just his "skin," the shoulder spikes and his belt are done.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 PM   #42
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

yeah i noticed the belt :ggani:
really cool with the skulls... and the spikes :D good good...

would u mind telling with each update what you changed so i can stop making silly comments?

i´m sure he´ll be great!
Old 02-18-2004, 10:16 PM   #43
Khadhar'phak
User

:cuss: ARGH! It's arsed up again! And I can't seem to fix it this time! Could somebody maybe try and fix it?:( I'll post it if someone wants to fix it, unless I fix it first.

Last edited by Khadhar'phak : 02-19-2004 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #44
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

allright, i made a new thread in traditional media where i will post all our complete character concepts with pictures. the pictures do not mean, however, that i want the skins to be EXACTLY like it. skinners ofcourse have creative freedom, as long as it breathes the same atmosphere as the concept...

the thread can be found here!

as you can see in this concept, it would be cool if he would have somekind of 'inner light' that would brake through through his eyes, mouth and several (or one, at the place of the heart if thats possible) places where the skin 'breaks' and the light bursts through... maybe...i dunno just fieuw the concept you'll know what i mean ^^.

Last edited by erwtenpeller : 02-19-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:25 AM   #45
kuramaRoze
User

kuramaRoze is on a distinguished road (10)

wee, my iq dropped and i forgot... working on the dwarf again :D

PS, can I also make an attempt on the nightmare incarnate? that concept just put a leet idea into my head :D

Last edited by kuramaRoze : 02-21-2004 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread