wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #1
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

i need some skins for Coastal Conflict, and seeing that nubudy has replied to my requests, i'll make it a contest.

we need several things:
A: two ability/buff recolors. we need:
-a sandy tornado
-a sandy waterfall, or something else sandy that could be used for a skill to deal damage to units in a line.

100 points award and ur name in the credits.

B: we need:
-a riderless horse skinned exacly like the Death Knights horse..
-a crypt lord with a black carpace that looks really egyptian, with suiting beetles.

200 points award each (these are bascally recolors) and ur name in the credits

C: and this is the most fun part, we need an undead Muradin Bronzebeard... but he needs to look really bad, like black holes for eyes etc.

-we need an Aphrodite skin! check below for more info :D

400 points award, and ur name in the credits.

for more information about gameplay, heros and whatever questions you might have follow the link in my signature.

Last edited by erwtenpeller : 02-11-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-06-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
Kirym
User

Kirym has little to show at this moment (0)

i think i could *attemp* to do it, but i can't gaurentee it will get done

i'm working on the tornado ill show you it when its done

edit: oh and ill do it for free

Last edited by Kirym : 02-06-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #3
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

oh wow...

but if its good i'll give ya the points anyway :D
Old 02-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
kuramaRoze
User

kuramaRoze is on a distinguished road (10)

ill do the murdain. Want blood on it? Ill do it for free too, aslong as I get my name in the credits. What color scheme you want?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Well... quite deadish... i dunno, go wild :ggani:

it does have to fil a fieuw criteria though:
-he should look quite dark and evil... but not too much. we still want him to be undead, not a friggin demon.
-his eyes should be black holes... maybe even with red lights in them? i dunno.. do what feels good.
-its okay if you add some blood on the weapons or around the eyes or something.. or where you think its needed, just DONT overdo it.

and ofcourse, you will be mentioned in the credits.

and the reasens why i made thise a contest is that
A:i made a request thread, but it had no replies...
B:this way, we get several entries (hopefully) and we can pick the best one... becouse we are aiming for the best with this game.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #6
kuramaRoze
User

kuramaRoze is on a distinguished road (10)

alright, should I make the skintone more like cerevantes from ToB or like the Undead Warlock in dl section?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:45 PM   #7
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

kinda like white blueish, with some blue vaighns slightly showin... like the skin is quite tight around his head... really pale with some blue accents.. kinda like the DK i guess.. dead and cold... but not cold as in ice, cold as in dead-for-a-while.

and ofcourse, the no-eye holes. i think it would be better to leave those all empty, with no pupils or iris. hes supposed to be kinda like somekidn of zombie, the lich king just revived him so he could give Maiev a strong hero without having ton sent one of his own...

EDIT: dont follow this discription too tightly though.. put in some creativity. the bottom part of the post is the important part. i still hope to get several entries for this...
Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #8
Kirym
User

here it is, its no where near finished, need to change the emitters a bit, and change the skin
Old 02-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #9
Kirym
User

oh sorry for double posting, but would you happen to need any abilities recolored or something ghostified?
Old 02-07-2004, 02:04 AM   #10
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

not something ghostifiied... just a tornado light brown so that ir really looks like a tornado of sand... and a waterfall (doodad, u know....) or something better that suits 'sand stream that is light brown and sandish..

i'll post the hero concepts in the morning, that might help... right now, im to tired and weeezted.,..

SOBER EDET: shouldnt have posted last night.. ehem... i just realized we DO need something ghostified, we need a see-through warden skin.
i also got word on that muradin will be the ice character of the game, so he shoud have bits of ice everywhere. like icicles hanging from his beard...
also, for the send stream skin: maybe a sandy carrion swarm or crushing wave would be better.... cuz we allready using waterfalls in other stuffs.

Last edited by erwtenpeller : 02-07-2004 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #11
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

WHY DO MY THREADS GET MOVED EVERY TIME :cuss:

NOBUDY EVR LOOKS HERE....
Old 02-07-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
Kirym
User

ehhh, i don't think i could do that for the dwarf guy model, but of course KR could skin it so it has some iceness.

Edit: Put in order what you'd like me to do

Last edited by Kirym : 02-07-2004 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

you can choose what you want to do, i just gave a list of needed things and the prize i am prepared to pay for it.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:57 AM   #14
Buttink
User

Buttink is on a distinguished road (10)

hmmm that seems way to easy i might do it if i have the time (union) but hey we not doing much
Old 02-09-2004, 01:41 AM   #15
Buttink
User

Buttink is on a distinguished road (10)

ok well i have a pic i forgot about the waves of blue on top lol but htis is only a simple recolor and u cnat cant the waterfall unless u change file Water00.blp now if i was realy motivated i could change somethign so it uses a new file but this is free lol unless i get points i leave as is
Closed Thread