wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Sound / Music
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0
Default Custom Soundset Issue(s)

1. I have a set of working .wavs that worked (sound-wise) as sounds on Windows Media Player. So I found an unused soundset (Kael's) and did Replace Internal Sound for all of them with my own. Then I set the custom unit's soundset to Kaels.

However, it was completely silent. Nothing played. I wish I had more info to give, but that's all that happened.
What's worse is I've already imported a custom sound (the beta Wc3 Orc Lumbermill 'cutting lumber' sound, as the ElvenGuardTowerWhat1 sound), and that works fine. Help?

2. After doing the aforementioned imports, I had bumped my custom map up from ~2000 kbs to ~4000 kbs. I'd really love to have the soundset; it sounds neat and fits the unit well. But there's no way in heck that I'll have such a large map; I'll never get to upload it or anything. So isn't there anyway of reducing the file-size of these sounds, or importing them all at once to save space, or... I don't know, something?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 08-19-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

~BUMP~
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 08-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Just use MP3s at 160 kbps. Simpler and cheaper size-wise. It's that one step above 128 kbps and it gives off a tad more size but keeps that slight bit of quality if that's what you're after.

Quick tutorial on sound compression, haven't read it in depth. (It mentions how you can use mp3 files but use the wav suffix in the import editor to bypass some of WC3's defaults)
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=96358

Despite what people say, when it comes to video games - unless you're making a godly quality cinematic, MP3s are better than Wavs size-wise. Why? Because Wavs are - on average - around 30 or more times larger than MP3s.

Well if none of that works/answered your question, get some sort of sound editing program - open the working sound file and try to match all of the imports with the statistics it has.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 08-27-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Hmm... Yeah. Thanks for the help; I will have to check out that sound compression stuff. That may be what I need for Question2.

However, that doesn't exactly solve the mysterious "no-sounds" soundsets. Is that what you meant by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide-Arc Ephemera
...and try to match all of the imports with the statistics it has.
??
Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Like, does it have the same bit rate... is its bitrate variable or nonvariable... stuff like that.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Petry
User

Petry has little to show at this moment (0)

I've no clue
Petry is offline   Reply With Quote