User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Information FAQ

Please post any questions you might have in this thread.
I will scan through it every once in a while and add questions (the ones I find relevant) to the FAQ.

Thanks in advance!

THE FAQ IS OUTDATED - DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL HAVE TIME TO UPDATE IT. BUT POST YOUR QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Questionmark-medium.png
Views:	284
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	36595Frequently Asked Questions:

Overview:
  • What is Lands of Conflict?

Lands of Conflict is a fast paced multiplayer strategy game of expansion and domination.
    All players have to do the best they can out of their unique starting positions, using their strengths while not exposing their weaknesses if they want to be the one who ends up conquering the entire map.
    Quoted from Anitarf
  • When is the mod coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. I will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible.
  • How will LoC be different from Warcraft III?

In Lands of Conflict; players are capable of controlling massive individual units and army sizes.
    I'm also introducing a number of new units types (featuring custom-made models & textures) and even some of the old familiar units will have new tricks up their sleeves, which will give the game its own unique flavor.
    In addition, LoC will be overhauled with some new features to enhance online play and competition.
    I'll have more details on all these aspects in the days to come.
  • Will there be both single-player and multiplayer options?

Hopefully, Lands of Conflict will primarily include multiplayer capability over Battle.net. But I'm working on the AI for players who enjoy single-player content. I'll provide more detail on both of these aspects a little further along in the development process.
  • How many playable races are in LoC?

Currently 4, I'll have more details on all these aspects in the days to come.
  • How many suggested players?

Full house! 12 players are recommended.

Last edited by Archian : 01-30-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Not to usurp (woah, my text is orange!!)... anyway, Not to usurp Captain Obvious' regal position, but I must point out that you have literally 1% of information. What is this project (is my question)?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Lands of Conflict is a fast paced multiplayer strategy game of expansion and domination. All players have to do the best they can out of their unique starting positions, using their strengths while not exposing their weaknesses if they want to be the one who ends up conquering the entire map.

There's is a thread in the forum; Map / Campaign Projects > (12) Lands of Conflict - with some information. However, as I've already pointed out; the info in that thread is outdated. Updated and improved information, descriptions, screenshots etc. are being prepared at this very moment.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

My bad for the pertinent... (wait, I meant 'pert') post, there Archian; didn't realize this was a new forum.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

No sweat :)

But please by all means; shoot your questions at me. Gently please.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

What are the 4 playable races? I know there are human and dwarfs (from the units thread) but what are the other 2

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

THE FAQ IS OUTDATED - DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL HAVE TIME TO UPDATE IT. BUT POST YOUR QUESTION AND I WILL ANSWER!

Also, check out the Project Information thread, here.