wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Sound / Music
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Nazra7
User

Nazra7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-3)

Default Music Problem...

Sometimes when I try to add music to a map it says it's not a valid file format, but it plays just fine on windows media player... Anyone know the cause and to this and perhaps how to fix it?
Nazra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

What type of file is it (the extention)?
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:02 AM   #3
Nazra7
User

.mp3
Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Warcraft can't use .mp3's I think. As far as I'm sure, it has to be a .wmv (or .wma; I don't know the difference) file.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Nazra7
User

No, they can use .mp3 as music or sound. infact all the cinimatic diologs are in .mp3 file format internal sounds. I think it might be the mp3 itself it's 16 bits quality, but like I said it works fine on windows media player and I have other 16 bit quality mp3s where these ones came from. Some of the work and some of them don't. I was thinking maybe it might be something else...
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Pyritie
Doesn't come here often

Submissions (9)

Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)Pyritie will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via MSN to Pyritie

I'm having the same problem with some sound sets (At least I think it's the sound's problem...) and they're in mp3.
Pyritie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:56 PM   #7
DALE!NBLACK
User

DALE!NBLACK has little to show at this moment (6)

Send a message via AIM to DALE!NBLACK

Check the encoding. I don't think WC III supports variable bit-rates (VBR); you should use CBR, and you should check the actual encoding quality. I don't know if higher ones work as well. I tend to stick to 128kbs for decent quality/small file size. Use http://www.media-convert.com/ to convert the file in whatever encoding rates you want.

Last edited by DALE!NBLACK : 11-19-2007 at 11:56 PM.
DALE!NBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote