wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
sgtspoon
User

sgtspoon has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey ive been working on some skins for my new map but i cant seem to get the BLP files back into the units Mdx file. I've tried using Tutorials which say use MPQ2K but i can't sem to get it to work porperly.

Any help at all?

Also another quick question... Say for a special effect that I changed using the same method and need to place back into the spell effect mdx i need to use MPQ2K right.... but it quickly pops up and goes away again. Am i stuffed or are there other ways around this?
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:38 PM   #2
STURMguy22
User

STURMguy22 is on a distinguished road (20)

no idea on the special effect

but...

If you have Frozen Throne, the world editor importer removes the need to use mpq extractors to put stuff back into maps

All you need to do is find the actual texture path
lets take the gryphon rider for example- Units\Human\GryphonRider\GryphonRider.blp

So if you have the edited gryphon.blp all you do is open your map, click the import editor button (the pages with the green arrow pointing left), and then choose import, choose the skin, then double click what you just imported, and change the import path to the texture path.

so instead of war3mapimported\GryphonRider.blp, change it to Units\Human\GryphonRider\GryphonRider.blp.

then close World editor, and reopen it, and you should see the skin on the unit.

Now if you dont have frozen throne, use winmpq, it has the easiest gui to work with, but believe me, if you dont have FT, get it
Old 01-12-2004, 02:27 AM   #3
sgtspoon
User

sgtspoon has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey thanx for that. Now I can continue my new map, which is a capture the flag like on battlefield. But sadly there wont be new spell effects tho. Oh well, expect it out within two weeks.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:17 AM   #4
WC3player2
User

WC3player2 will become famous soon enough (30)WC3player2 will become famous soon enough (30)

Here It Is.

Skins
Blp - Blizzard Skin File - The File The Skins In Warcraft Are.
tga - Most Common used File Format To Skin In.

Skin Conversion
War 3 Veiwer (see download secton)

Open War 3 Veiwer - Up Top Are File-Veiw-Render-Etc Click Conversion Pick Which One You Want - Find You File - Double Click - Then Put Where You Wanna Save The Converted Version. Click Save And Then Wait And It Should Say Conversion Succusfull.

Image Extractor II (see download section)

Open Image Extractor II - Up Top Find Open - Then Find File - Open It - Up Top Find Save - Give It What Ever Change Type To What Ever You Need - Click Save - Done

Models
Mdx - Blizzard Model File
Mdl - Commen Model File

Model Conversion
YobGul's Warcraft 3 File Converter (see download section)

Open - Click Load File - Find File And Then Double Click - Then Click - Convert To Mdl Or Mdx.

Ends My Long Post
Closed Thread