wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #91
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Also another minor, inane edit; I believe the hero is supposed to be buildable from his racial altar; hence the name "Altar Series". :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Litany
This message has been deleted by Litany.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #92
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Hey, Dusk, I just noticed that the AoE range of Quench Life is just barely too small for most ranged units (normal range = 600, IIRC).

Nice (if done intentionally, which I must assume. :P).
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 AM   #93
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Ok here is a replay with DeadEye. this one is another weak hero, a weak single killer but it is the best thing to have with some spiders. His cripple ability with the spiders is the best thing ever. However he is too vulnerable to damage so having a healer like Dk nearby or a strong front to support him is a good idea. In this game I really played like a newb, I just wanted to have fun rapping the computer's base lol
I also think the heroes description is wrong, see replay for more info.
Idk how you are utilizing his abilities, but all his moves are amazing. The AoE ability is fucking awesome for the lower mana cost. Spammable also thanks to his high mana pool. The cripple ability is awesome for taking down heroes, especially those fragile, yet annoying like the Blademaster. Also, -8 armor? You add in an orb of curruption and thats -13 armor. The invisiblity really isnt used since you want to max the AoE and Cripple first. And we all know what the ulti is.

Honestly, no hero is going to sucessful replace the DK as the best first hero. UD has no other source of faster healing, and his unholy arua allows much better moveablity.

I see this hero has a potential 2nd hero. The cripple and AoE can easily do the same tasks as a lich. I just chose them first for the sake of their interest.

I played against the AI pack that Av3n put together.

Last edited by Joker : 01-15-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #94
FatherTime
User

Project Leader: TBR

FatherTime is on a distinguished road (18)

Just a great job all around! Very fresh and unique ideas all of you! I found something to be impressed by on every hero.

Good luck to everyone who took the time and put forth the effort to participate.
FatherTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #95
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Just voted. Great job everyone.
Also, Vexorian, this poll rocks!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #96
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Is it normal that everytime I refresh the actual "schulze poll topic", the order of the heroes is switched around?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #97
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Define normal.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #98
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Is it according to the regular, common, and desired operation of the poll that every time I refresh the actual "schulze poll topic", the order of the heroes is switched around?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #99
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
Is it according to the regular, common, and desired operation of the poll that every time I refresh the actual "schulze poll topic", the order of the heroes is switched around?
Quote:
Define normal.
Again plz.

xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 01-15-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #100
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

The script always shuffles the options before displaying, I didn't bother adding a way to remember the order it previously gave.
Faster != more useful
Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #101
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Ah. Then the answer is "yes". That's cool; just wondering.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #102
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

Played the grave reaper today. The abilities were meh. The gas ability was way to flashy and big. The corpse ability was not bad. His pasive was strange. Ulti was meh also.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g Reaper.w3g (56.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 AM   #103
Joker
User

Played another as MageHunter. She seemed like a dh with a AoE nuke. Not too bad I suppose, except the ulti. The hero didn't seem very original to me.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g MageHunter.w3g (74.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #104
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

MageHunter us quite a nice hero in melee, especially against mana units. This is super useful because you have a 10 seconds quick spy on the enemy.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #105
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Quote:
Enchant: I suppose activation instead of autocast differentiates it enough from Searing Arrows, but just because he's an archer doesn't mean he needs three arrow abilities. If Searing Arrows Redux was the best you could come up with, why not try a non-arrow ability instead?
It was actually meant as a unit-target ability with mana disable part and an attack bonus with a fire missile. In fact, if you leave the code untouched and use a unit-targeted ability as the base, it will work. Though on last minute I changed it so it is only self targeted because it seemed like too much. If it was only going to work on self, it made sense to change the missile to a fiery arrow. I always wanted to use that arrow fx anyway.
Faster != more useful