wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > vJass Spells
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

Gwypaas is on a distinguished road (11)

Ahh.. I must've uploaded wrong version.. gonna try finding the one one with sounds.
Gwypaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

-Updated.

I really hope that this is the right version.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

-Updated

Made it more efficient.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

Bump.. :P
Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #20
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

Another bump :D
Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #21
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

The reason I hesitate to do anything about this spell is because I really don't like the whole idea of containing the spell within a struct. Sure, it really doesn't matter, but it's just my opinion: I think we should have a standardized spell format.

Another thing that I have a gripe about is the configuration:
Collapse JASS:
// Configuration vars:
    private static constant integer SPELL_ID = 'A000' //the ID of the spell.   
    private static constant integer DUMMY_ID = 'h001' // the dummys ID

private static constant real TIMER_PERIOD = 0.025      // How often the timer runs, increasing this will lower the speed of the balls.
    private static constant real SPEED = 10                // The speed of the lightning ball.
    private static constant real DAMAGE_INCREASE = 1.6     // This value is used to calculate the damage, the damage is calculated this way
                                                           // lvl*DAMAGE_INCREASE
    private static constant real HEIGHT_INCREASE = 7       // How much the dummy's height increases per interval.
    private static constant real DROP_SPEED_INCREASE = 7   // How much the drop speed increases per interval

private static constant real START_SCALING = 0.40      // The size of the unit when the spell starts
    private static constant real SCALE_INCREASE = 0.03     // How much the units size increases every interval  

private static constant real NOVA_RADIUS = 300         // The size of the nova that units gets damaged inside.
    private static constant integer NOVA_DUMMY_AMOUNT = 20 // The amount of dummies used in the Nova.
    private static constant real NOVA_SPEED = 15           // The speed of the units in the nova.
    private static constant real DAMAGE_RADIUS = 30        // The radius around the nova units that get damaged.
    private static constant real NOVA_DUMMY_SIZE = 8       // The size of the dummies used in the nova.

private static constant string SOUND_PATH = "Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\StormBolt\\ThunderBoltMissileDeath.wav"
                                                           // The sound you want this spell to use.

// The damage filter, Edit this to make it target the types of units you want to
    private static constant method DamageFilter takes unit caster, unit target returns boolean
        return (IsUnitEnemy(target, GetOwningPlayer(caster))) and (IsUnitType(target, UNIT_TYPE_GROUND)) and (GetUnitState(target, UNIT_STATE_LIFE) > 0.405)
    endmethod 

// The Damage amount this spell deas, edit this to configure the damage you want it to deal.
    private static constant method DamageAmount takes integer lvl returns real
        return lvl*.DAMAGE_INCREASE
    endmethod
DAMAGE_INCREASE is pointless (the config function is there so that the damage can be all consolidated in one line), and these should all have their own functions:
  • NOVA_RADIUS
  • NOVA_DUMMY_AMOUNT
  • DAMAGE_RADIUS
  • NOVA_SPEED
  • NOVA_DUMMY_SIZE
Because those could conceivably vary with the level of the spell.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #22
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

UPDATED
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #23
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Awright. Approved!
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #24
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Not a bad spell at all, although the lightning nova area does not fit perfectly and it lacks eye candy it is still a nice spell.

Btw, damn you for removing my gnome plane from newest spell =P
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #25
Resources
User

Resources has little to show at this moment (0)

EDIT:
I can to see the dummy icon, (Idle Worker (F8)) when cast the spell.

Last edited by Resources : 12-17-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Resources is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #26
Gwypaas
User

Submissions (2)

Just remove the "worker classification" on the dummies in the Object Editor.