wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #91
Fireeye
Chos

Submissions (2)

Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)

well, you could easily change it by yourself.
I though that a lighting bolt would look better, because of the chain lighting effect.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #92
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Huzzah, here's my entry! :p I was too stupid to realize that this is similar to Countess Aurea's Earthquake. I just realize it when I tested the damn thing. Anyway, I hope there's nothing wrong with that. I did make it from scratch and in my own way

Hidden information:
Magnitude-X

Zoom (requires log in)

Conjures a powerful earthquake on the ground to wreak havoc and destruction upon nearby enemies. The quake causes nearby enemy structures to take X damage per second, slows nearby enemies' speeds by X% and random explosions which deal X damage to a small area around it. Lasts 12 seconds.

Leak-free and follows the JESP Standard. Well almost, I forgot to include the JESP Standard Manifest so..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnitude X.JPG (55.0 KB, 90 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Magnitude X Spell Contest 9 Entry.w3x (155.3 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Toink : 07-11-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #93
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Finally... I finished the spell, clocking in at 65 seconds and a total of 12 (technically 13) stages. It's definitely an unorthodox spell, but it's still worth a try.Zoom (requires log in)
Knights of the Round Table

Taps into every aspect of the planet and materializes them into tangible forms of destruction that rain down furious wrath upon your enemies. The summoned elements are, in order: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Water, Wind, Poison, Death, Light, Earth, Chaos, and Nature. At the very end of the spell, all of the elements bind together to unleash the incredible power of Ultima upon your opponents.
Zoom (requires log in)
It was hard to pick from my 13 screenshots of this, each 5 seconds apart. I ultimately picked Chaos because it's my favorite, but there is a LOT more to this spell than the screenshot shows.

The name has little to do with the spell itself, but it shows where I got my inspiration from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KotR Screenshot.jpg (629.8 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg KnightsoftheRoundTable.jpg (61.4 KB, 70 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Knights of the Round.w3x (228.1 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Dark.Revenant : 07-12-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #94
maximilianx
User

maximilianx is on a distinguished road (22)

the death wave killed everything. but cool spell man.
Go GUI!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #95
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

Greatly improved version of my spell.

Like 1.0 uses jesp like config functions, and free globals.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Spell Session #9 Glow.w3x (58.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #96
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)Dark.Revenant will become famous soon enough (44)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianx
the death wave killed everything. but cool spell man.
Go GUI!
Thanks!

The death wave is just 3x -5% HP. Everything was just so darn hurt by that time that they died. Just open up the map and increase the neutral hostile handicap if you want them to live longer.

Last edited by Dark.Revenant : 07-11-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #97
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Well, since i cant use WE, im about to try something experimental! I'm going to directly modify my map's .J file through JASSCraft, but since I don't have Warcraft 3 on my comp im using, I won't be able to parse it either. Please bear with me because I'm putting in a massive physics update to the way the system is handled by adding a quadratic Z modifier instead of my linear Z modifier so instead on the usual drop-fall method I'll be adding nice arc graphics! So when I post map updates, tell me if there is any problems or syntax errors. I have good syntax so that shouldn't be a problem, but I tend to accidentally leave out key details, I crashed world editor twice because of forgetting to update return values and such...
But I hope that with a little time and patience and testing from you guys, I won't be out of the race just yet and that I'll be able to update a few things. So just help me out by testing my updates and good luck to all other contestants.
-TheSecretArts
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #98
sas_Skorpion
There is truth in my lies

sas_Skorpion will become famous soon enough (30)sas_Skorpion will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via MSN to sas_Skorpion

Secret ... not that i have anything against u but to be real there are 2 days left ... :( i would start being pesimistic :/
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #99
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

rrrr... no! I have developed my new physics formula and I WILL implement it and test it. And if it doesn't work, my fallback plan is to use my previous submission.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #100
Dark.Revenant
User

Submissions (1)

Uh oh! I found that the value for the life % removed per second was .70 instead of .07! I changed it to .05 and made the creeps harder... (updated previous post)
Old 07-11-2007, 11:00 PM
TheSecretArts
This message has been deleted by TheSecretArts.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #101
Toink
User

Submissions (3)

Toink is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Toink

Can I get some feedback from my spell? :/

And btw SecretArts, kindly lessen spam yes? "Hai I am gonna do this to my spell, it will be awesome and I will win" kind of posts are kind of.. meh.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #102
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

that wasnt a "hai im gonna do something cool and win"... that was a "Hey, Im screwed and Im gonna try something experimental that probably wont work so hey, please bear with me..."... I posted that because I'm trying something experimental and could cause problem with my map so that people could help me debug that because I CANT, because im working on a computer W/O warcraft 3... so please toink, stop being such and idiot.
@Dark.Revenant: your map looks a little FX heavy. It might just be the screenshot but it looks like it might cause some lag.

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 07-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #103
Fireeye
Chos

Submissions (2)

Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)Fireeye has a spectacular aura about (113)

Alright, i made the (hopefully) final update, i added a ambient sound, fixed some bugs, e.g. that you could target a unit which is already the target of the same spell and for the "JASS newbies" i added a function to get the OrderId without creating a entire new trigger (only setting a value to true and that's it).
Also my spell should follow the JESP Standarts now(not 100% sure, so if anyone find something to change tell me).

Last edited by Fireeye : 07-12-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #104
HyperActive
User

Submissions (1)

HyperActive is on a distinguished road (18)

Default Submission

Well, here's mine. Made it today, not much time spent on it, but, hey, who knows... maybe I earn some rep
Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	27030
Attached Files
File Type: w3x [HyperActive] Wc3cSpellContest9 Quarry.w3x (45.6 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by HyperActive : 07-12-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #105
Alexander244
Now Kharyb

Submissions (1)

Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)Alexander244 is a jewel in the rough (193)

Updated my spell for presumably the final time (post #74).

- Fixed some unimportant eyecandy issues, so the spell looks more finished.
- Fixed some bugs from setting big numbers in certain config fields.
- Fixed the way max number of raised units was determined, so now it takes into account those raised on all casts, not just the current.
- A few very minor code optimizations.
- Added a few more configuration options.
- Made mana be drained over time, as well as at the start.
Closed Thread