wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #16
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Hey welcome to the forums, anyway, the only way that you can test a campaign is in by doing the below
To test the campaign, run The Frozen Throne.
Then go to Custom Campaign
From there you can open your campaign for testing, or just to play, but remember, it wont proceed to the next map unless you actually play the campaign itself, not just the map.
If you need it to be clearer just ask

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn

Last edited by The Elite : 01-11-2008 at 06:54 AM.
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #17
DemonHunting
User

DemonHunting has little to show at this moment (0)

im new to cache and im pretty sure theres something that im doing wron, i create the cache in map01, then i store my hero and then i save it

then on the other map, i create a cache, then i try to restore the hero, but it doesnt appear on the map

help please!
DemonHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #18
Drazalon
User

Drazalon has little to show at this moment (0)

i know how to import a custom made background for the campaign main menu but how do u import the ambient music? What is the path suppose to be?

etc. Custom interface would be Glues\asfd.blp and adsf.mdx

EDIT: Nvm i got it, it just had to be a wav and not an mp3 file type

Last edited by Drazalon : 04-03-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Drazalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #19
Icepipe
User

Icepipe has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Icepipe

Aight, I think I have exactly the same problem as Arcanis. When Player 1 recieves a vistory, the map ends, and i guess the caches works, but map02 is not loaded. I checked many many times and there is nothing wrong in the triggers. Why isnt it working?
Icepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #20
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepipe
Aight, I think I have exactly the same problem as Arcanis. When Player 1 recieves a vistory, the map ends, and i guess the caches works, but map02 is not loaded. I checked many many times and there is nothing wrong in the triggers. Why isnt it working?
How would i know? You gotta post the campaign and maps

Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
Archéon
User

Archéon has little to show at this moment (3)

hey, verry good tutorial, i'v used it:)

keep up the good work!
Archéon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #22
Riin
User

Riin has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Riin

Great tutorial. But, I have some questions about the campaign editor. If I were to make a campaign like the Rexxar & Durotar campaign, where you can run between maps, does things like quests and such save itself, or do you have to make game cashes for exactly everything?

EDIT: And also, when you return to the old map, will triggers and such things restore? For example, You finish a quest thats only supposed to be finished one time, then you go to another map, then you return, will that quest trigger be restored or will it be turned off like youve done it?

Last edited by Riin : 09-08-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Riin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #23
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The triggers will be restored, i think, but not 100% sure

Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #24
Sunwarrior25
I say!

Submissions (3)

Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunwarrior25

Sorry for the necro, but I have to ask. Does saving a hero/unit to the cache save the items that they're carrying?
- Staying up WAY too late.
- Fooling around with various things.
Other places to find me:
YouTube
deviantART
Twitter
uStream
Sunwarrior25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:16 AM   #25
Ninjaboi
User

Ninjaboi has little to show at this moment (0)

I can't seem to get the button to show after completing a campaign map to show the next map ( and I did go through the campaign and not just select the map by itself ). I have compressed the campaign and maps into a .rar file and have uploaded it so that you might be able to see what I'm doing wrong. ( Since you mentioned that would help. )

http://www.mediafire.com/?coudpr5asu0cepu

Please note that it does not exactly follow what you did in the tutorial, for even when I did what that said I was unable to get Map02 button to show, even after making the button for it. I have gone through the tutorial, and when seeing that that section of it ( the linking part of the maps ) didn't work, I made this campaign to see if it was something else wrong.
Ninjaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #26
terradax
User

terradax has little to show at this moment (0)

Im having the same problem as Icepipe. Made a map with a very simple trigger, kill a sheep and you are victorious. The dialog shows up with the option "continue" and "quit campaign". When I press Continue I just get back to the Campaign screen, and I can only chose to play Map01 again. I have followed you guide step by step. Do you have any idea what went wrong?
terradax is offline   Reply With Quote