wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Default "Astral" Watcher Spell Ideas

The general gist of my map is there are three Monoliths and the Guardians must stop Darkness from controlling a majority of them and obtaining the Star Crystal.

The abilities are not hero abilities, but they are spell book abilities. There are 10 abilities, and a new one is allowed every 3rd level. Level 30 is the absolute maximum, and dying with that is the biggest shame that could ever be placed upon you.

Ok, I'm running really low for ideas on Guardian Spells in my map. All the spells must be astral, celestial and/or star based and according to one of these types:

- Astral Sentinel, a back up supporter, often sniping the enemies down with her powerful spells and watching over people with her mystic owls.
- Warden, a powerful melee punisher, she can force her enemies to regret what they have down with her mystic enchantments.
- Enforcer, a colossus of sheer strength, able to give nearby allies inspiration and the ability to keep going.
____

Credits will be given out to whoever's ideas are used. Rep AND Credits will be given to anyone who scripts their ability in GUI.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 05-20-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

And I thought you were the idea-man....

Partition (Enforcer)
The Enforcer sacrifices X amount of its maximum health to targeted allied unit. This change is permanant until the enforcer dies or uses Conglomerate. If the targeted unit dies, the effects of Conglomerate will occur for that one unit.

Conglomerate (Enforcer)
The Enforcer returns all partitioned parts of his health to himself. These partitions take physical form and deal damage equal to the amount of health partitioned to any unit they strike on the way back to the enforcer. They travel in a straight line to the Enforcer, and upon reaching the Enforcer will re-increase its maximum health.

Wow... I fail at giving ideas. Those two require JASS and probably don't have anything astral about them ><
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

That first line made me laugh, because all of my ideas are elemental oriented.

Those are good ideas... but the last line said it... those are actually stone oriented ideas... though those abilities would be awesome on a Golem.

Edit - Also, these are warrior based abilities, not elemental. Well... they're elemental warrior abilities? God damn that sounded too much like Yugioh...

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 05-20-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

KABUMP! Hello peoples, I help you puny mortals with your elemental ideas...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 AM   #5
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

Uh... heres some?

Astral Sentinel
  • Pierce Single Target
    Reduces the targets armor over a short period time. At the end of the duration the target takes damage based on the enemies remaining armor.
  • Wisp Light Single Target (Note name comes from will o the wisp type of stuff)
    Places ghostly fire on an enemy, causing them to lose a small amount of mana for a short period of time. Each point of mana burned deals a point of damage to enemy units nearby the unit affected by Wisp Light.
  • Iron Will AoE Target
    Shoots a blast of psychic energy at enemy units in a small AoE, stunning them for a short period of time. Units affected by Iron Will have a chance to be converted to the Astral Sentinel's side for a short period of time.
  • Megrim Passive
    Units around the Astral Sentinel who loose mana will be burned for an additional small amount of mana.
Warden
  • Retribution Toggled Ability
    When activated, the Warden will slowly loose mana. Enemy units will be forced to attack the Warden every few seconds. Whenever an enemy attacks the Warden while Retribution is on, the enemy will loose a small amount of armor for a short period of time. The armor loss is stackable.
  • Cleave Passive Ability
    Whenever a unit attacks the Warden it becomes Marked for a short period of time. When the Warden attacks a unit (Marked or not) there is a (somewhat large) chance that the Warden will deal a (moderately high) amount of damage to all nearby Marked units.
Enforcer
  • Limit Break Self Buff (If you don't use strength, just increase HP and damage?)
    The Enforcer increases his strength for a small amount. Every few seconds his strength will increase further by a(n even smaller) amount. At the end of the duration, his strength will rapidly decrease back to normal levels over a (very short) period of time during which at each decrease in strength he will deal a small amount of damage in an AoE around him.
  • Mass Passive
    Every second the Armor of the Enforcer will increase up to a max of a certain number (I don't know whats balanced in your game). When attacked his Armor will be reduced to whatever his armor would be without Mass. For each Armor point removed, the Enforcer will be healed for a small amount.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

I don't mean to be offensive, but... clap clap clap... somebody likes FF too much... though those are good ideas but some of them I am really not able to make with my current knowledge of GUI.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
st33m
User

Submissions (1)

st33m is on a distinguished road (22)

Send a message via MSN to st33m

FF? I've only ever played one FF game...
Old 05-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #8
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

I was commenting on Limit Break.

Anyway, I have around 6 spells on my Sentinel, 2 spells on my Warden and around 3 for my Enforcer... ideas to fill in these gaps would be nice...