wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Question Pandarens and Pandaria

What exactly is known about the Pandarens and Pandaria?

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

I dont even have a clue about where this so called "Pandaria" lies. I thought it were jsut made up for some lame BNet maps and such :P
Old 12-22-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

They're not a lie. They exist in several of the Warcraft games, and they have their own lore indeed.

Xaran compiled a large amount of information, so I'll try to get that posted.

Be excellent to each other.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

So the "land" Pandaria actually exists? Is it in Northrend or something like that?
Old 12-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
KingGigli
User

KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)KingGigli will become famous soon enough (50)

Send a message via MSN to KingGigli

Ok i researched this back in the day.

Pandarens before the collapse of the moon well were allies and close friends with the Night Elves, but the pandaren saw that their Night Elf allies were becoming addicted to magic which made them sick. They broke off all ties and left the night elves behind to let them cast out their sorcery. The pandaren then founded the island Pandaria (off the coast of kalimdor west of stone talon mountains) where they could practice brewing and other trades. But the reason why we see them a few times (Chen Stormsnout) is because he is a brewmaster which is a skillfull warrior and brew maker who is allowed off pandaria to travel the lands trying to find the perfect beverage.

Pandarans beleive that alchohal is a cleansing substance, such as a pandaren will meditate and then go out for a beer with his friends.

The pandaren have since found other races which they take kindly to such as the dwarves and tauren. The tauren because they share a common bond and Chen is close friends with Cairne and the dwarves because the pandaren feel that the dwarves share the same love for adventure, beer and goodtimes.

Any other questions?
Old 12-22-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
HEZZA
User

HEZZA is on a distinguished road (12)

Send a message via ICQ to HEZZA

The ancient city of Pandaria was destroyed in northrend if u read the full Warcraft history on www.worldofwarcraft.com its all there
Old 12-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
Murloc Lover
Now with more slime

Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)

Send a message via MSN to Murloc Lover

I heard nothing of panderia being destroyed in the worldofwarcraft.com lore pages.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Pandaria is an island west of Kalimdor.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:29 PM   #9
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

Most what Reign posted I allready knew, Mecheon told me, but thanks anyway for al the quick replies, but what I really was looking for was details.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #10
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

If pandaria is at a island at the shores of Kalimdor, how come there is pandarens in Northrend in wc3?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

How come there are Orcs in Azeroth?

Stop thinking so backwards.

Old 12-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #12
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
If pandaria is at a island at the shores of Kalimdor, how come there is pandarens in Northrend in wc3?
It is a fact that pandarens are nomads and that they are awsome swimmers they can travel to Northrend in seconds.

The disadvantage is that northrend's cold makes them act agressively as if they were polar bears.

Quote:
How come there are Orcs in Azeroth?

Stop thinking so backwards.
They used medivh's portal
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 12-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #13
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

Thanks for the answer Vexorian, I am not that strong in my Warcraft background knowledge.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #14
HEZZA
User

HEZZA is on a distinguished road (12)

Send a message via ICQ to HEZZA

i just read the entire lore, sorry they dont mention panderia in it. But i have heard many storys about the city of panderians.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #15
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
They used medivh's portal

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Sarcasm

I am well versed in Warcraft, thank you.

Closed Thread