wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

Default AMAI can benefit from DotA AI Authors for Hero AI

In this site: http://www.dotahomer.com/

Download a copy of DotA 6.51 AI+ 1.52.

Play against 2-4 AI, and make you type -ne at the start (Normal Experience AI Mode)

Things you'll notice:

- They deny you from making the last kills on their units! So you get delayed gold & experience.

- They deny you from making the last kills on their towers. They effectively prevent you from getting a LOT of gold from killing those towers.

- Heroes gank you with all the powerful spells if they found out you're wandering alone in the trees.

- Heroes buy the best items and item recipes, and this is more complicated than Warcraft III no-recipe item system!

- If you are Melee Hero, they know they should get the Blade Mail item (kinda like the Crypt Lord Spikes Passive).

- Amazing sense of danger. They know if they shouldn't attack a tower alone so they run back. They also know if a hero should teleport back to protect crucial buildings.

- Excellent personal healing AI. They get behind the tower when they have less than 1/2 HP, and use the right items like Tangos or Potions to recover.

I provided the download links so that you can look into the AI scripts. 1.52+ is the strongest AI so far for DOTA. I cannot beat the AI especially when he denies me from getting the kills, which is interesting!

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
thenonhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #2
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

DotA Ai is more "human" like because they have a fixed map, fixed parameters and other stuff that makes it easy to develop to such level. In AMAI, in the other hand, it has to behave properly in variable terrain, in variable situations and such.

In the other hand, I know that AMAI uses some stuff that DotA AI does, for example the proper usage of neutral buildings, so I think AMAI is good enough taking in account the amount of conditions where it works.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Yeah i'm sure i remember looking at it before and some stuff was hardcoded to map. But it was a much older version so things may have changed.

On a side note: I just noticed patch 1.22 beta. This is why i love blizzard, still patching games that become forgotten (even if its rather minimal its still a patch) Unlike some other companies i know well about
Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

Now you have to check if AMAI is still compatible with the new version
Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
- Amazing sense of danger. They know if they shouldn't attack a tower alone so they run back. They also know if a hero should teleport back to protect crucial buildings.
- lol you can abuse it with a ranged heroes.
+ the main point is... Dota is has static terrain etc. it's MUCH easier to create AI for such map than universal melee AI's
aka AMAI >>>> ALOT then Dota's AI.
i love the possibility to control the ally players ^^ <3
// + it's based on AI not jass (yes it's jass enhanced but he main part is war3 ai)
Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

As a conclusion: AMAI is your daddy w00t!!!!!1
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

I've only just recently updated grimoire so i can use the 1.21b patch which i didn't even know existed.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

Away from keyboard?? :P
Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #9
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

The DOTA maps are protected anyway and scripts optimized so i can't check out the newest versions triggering/scripting.